PDA

View Full Version : What do you fear the most?

Colonel Angus
04-13-2015, 05:00 PM
What do you fear the most?

Pumpkin
04-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Snakes and heights

Vermachtnis
04-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Closed spaces; I am very, very claustrophobic. I remember this one episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe had to clean a pipe on boat that he could just fit in and I got the heebeejeebees.

escobert
04-13-2015, 05:34 PM
everything, especially hillary!

LunarWeaver
04-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Public speaking.

Spooniest
04-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Being banned

sharkythesharkdogg
04-13-2015, 06:53 PM
I have a weird aversion to televised or publicized gore when it's real or handled in an educational manner.

Zombies eating people, meh. Vampires, meh. Chainsaw massacre, meh. A scene with some kind of surgery going on? meh. My own blood or helping other injured people in real life, meh.

Watching a documentary on how the circulatory system works, or how to treat a stab wound? Ugh.

I feel all hot and woozy, and my skin gets clammy. I don't have to look away, but I definitely can get uncomfortable. It doesn't even happen all the time. It's more likely if I haven't eaten recently.

I don't know if it's a phobia, but it's the closest thing to a phobia that I've noticed I have.

Shorty
04-13-2015, 07:16 PM
It used to be being alone. Heights, ax murderers coming for me in my sleep, natural disasters, and bad things happening to my family members. Oh, and the dark. The dark is what I'm probably scared of the most.

Also, the impending death of Christopher Walken :(

Tigmafuzz
04-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Deep water.

And spooky scary skellingtons

Crop
04-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Christ, why would you say that! I panic googled Christopher Walken thinking he was critically ill or something. The Walken will live forever.

I came in this thread to say I didn't fear anything in particular, but I guess I was wrong.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-13-2015, 11:36 PM
Leeches and blood.

Colonel Angus
04-14-2015, 12:20 AM
I'm shocked that none of you are afraid of AIDS. I remember a time when just breathing the same air as a gay person would put you @ risk of getting AIDS. Drug users would hide their used needles in the cushions @ movie theatres, infecting you w/ AIDS. Hemophiliacs would bust a vein, bleeding all over you & you'd get AIDS. AIDS was everywhere. You kids have it way too easy these days. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es)

Rocket Edge
04-15-2015, 12:29 AM
I have a fear of heights. I get vertigo fairly handily enough and I get uneasy when other people stand close to edges higher up.

Pike
04-15-2015, 12:37 AM
Moths
Telephone calls
Being with other people for an extended period of time

Chibi Youkai
04-15-2015, 01:56 AM
I'm shocked that none of you are afraid of AIDS. I remember a time when just breathing the same air as a gay person would put you @ risk of getting AIDS. Drug users would hide their used needles in the cushions @ movie theatres, infecting you w/ AIDS. Hemophiliacs would bust a vein, bleeding all over you & you'd get AIDS. AIDS was everywhere. You kids have it way too easy these days. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es)

When I was much, much younger someone told me a story about getting aids by pricking your finger on an infected needle hidden in the coin return of a public pay phone. It scared me so much it was over a decade before I was able to even touch a public phone, and even today I still carry around a prepaid card to use. I know it's silly and irrational, but can't get over it for some reason.

Ayen
04-15-2015, 02:05 AM
Heights out of that list.

Shiny
04-15-2015, 03:35 AM
Being alone
Not being alone
Losing my loved ones even though it's inevitable
Bad drivers and people who think they are good drivers (they are also probably bad)
Deep deep water so deep you can't see THERE ARE THINGS DOWN THERE
Space as in like blackhole astronaut space so I guess checking off open space would make sense
People murdering me for a life insurance policy (I worked and watched too many crimes shows) I don't have one anymore though for that very reason xDDDD

Vermachtnis
04-15-2015, 07:43 PM
I think I'll just leave this here. (http://9gag.com/gag/aD3XjdN)

Shorty
04-15-2015, 08:17 PM

Christ, why would you say that! I panic googled Christopher Walken thinking he was critically ill or something. The Walken will live forever.

I came in this thread to say I didn't fear anything in particular, but I guess I was wrong.

Because it's one of my biggest fears! :(

Richard
05-02-2015, 03:38 PM
LOL. AIDs is on the poll? Why not HIV instead.....considering it causes the condition called AIDS?

I guess you can be scared to contract HIV if you're going around sleeping with prostitutes, sluts and whores and having unprotected sex and sharing needles. Your call, lmao.

Laddy
05-03-2015, 05:07 AM
Blood and, to a lesser extent, heights. Since I was a kid I would panic and get light-headed with blood or gore. I just recently have been okay with watching some of it in TV, games, and films.

I had a bully smear a smashed bug on my desk and I freaked out and he actually felt bad about it and apologized. It was that bad.

Shaibana
05-03-2015, 04:51 PM
i fear death.
i fear dying of an accident. i fear dying because of a disease. i fear dying of old age.
i fear it because it is inevitable. i often think about it at night and it gives me a little panick attack and yet i cant really keep my mind off it for a long time. its always there in the back of my mind.

i feel stupid for it, being 23, i shouldnt be worrying about it yet.
i am also afraid that this thought will consume me when i get older.

Night Fury
05-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Storms. I hate when people laugh at me or make fun if me for my fear of thunder and strong windy weather. I hate hearing gale force winds outside blowing through the trees when I'm trying to sleep. I can't hear anything else.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-03-2015, 06:32 PM
You would have hated my old job.

I remember the time I was told I needed to go take an observation while we had tornadic activity in the close vicinity.

Yeah, okay, I'll get right on that one. :wcanoe:

Colonel Angus
05-03-2015, 06:45 PM
i fear death.
i fear dying of an accident. i fear dying because of a disease. i fear dying of old age.
i fear it because it is inevitable. i often think about it at night and it gives me a little panick attack and yet i cant really keep my mind off it for a long time. its always there in the back of my mind.

There's really nothing to fear of death. Just think of it as the next stage. None of us really knows what happens to us after our bodies give out, whether our "spirit" moves to another plane or what. If you think about it, it could be exciting.

Storms. I hate when people laugh at me or make fun if me for my fear of thunder and strong windy weather. I hate hearing gale force winds outside blowing through the trees when I'm trying to sleep. I can't hear anything else.
You should ask your man to be your Thunder Buddy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9PnNW56bp0).

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 01:04 AM
I have a slight fear of closed spaces. Other than that I have very few fears.

Sephex
05-04-2015, 01:32 AM
http://geekparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mother-3-mailbox-quotes.jpg

Shaibana
05-04-2015, 04:01 PM
i fear death.

There's really nothing to fear of death. Just think of it as the next stage. None of us really knows what happens to us after our bodies give out, whether our "spirit" moves to another plane or what. If you think about it, it could be exciting.

unfortunately i dont see it that way. we dont know what is beyond death and that scares me.
i'd like to believe in heaven or reincarnation but i fear oblivion

Jess
05-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Spiders. I am absolutely petrified of spiders.

And feeling out of control.

Christmas
12-19-2022, 12:44 AM
My reflection. :(

Mr Gashtacular
12-19-2022, 09:14 AM
what a weird fuckin poll

Christmas
12-20-2022, 02:02 AM
That's rich coming from you. :bigsmile: