PDA

View Full Version : Thai!

Night Fury
04-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm making a thai green curry tonight for the first time. Super excited. I marinated my chicken for a few hours in a home made green chilli paste and as soon as I added it to my pan of stock.... omg, the smell - immediately through the house! So goooooooood! Will post a delicious mouth watering pic when it's done!

Do you like Thai food? Which is your favourite curry? Red, green, or yellow? :o

Night Fury
04-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I am torn between red and green. I JUST CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN EITHER OF THEM.

Okay probably green too.

Bubba
04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Definitely green. It's just the perfect accompaniment to the meat and all the Thai spices. Red is probably my favourite pepper in general as it's a bit more versatile but green is the king of Thai dishes.

If if someone could now make me one that would be great. If not, I'll settle for Tara's pic of hers.

Freya
04-02-2015, 03:39 PM
I've only had Thai food once in my life. Del Murder, Shorty, and Miriel had chosen the place after the SE PR thing for Lighting Returns. It was green I think. Very good stuff. Never have had it again. I haven't tried to make it as i'm unfamiliar with it myself and I don't trust oklahoma places to really do it justice. I have a very positive memory of that food, I don't want to ruin it.

Freya
04-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Whoooaaa it's coconut milk?! I didn't see that coming.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Coconut, lime, and peanut, yep. One of my favorite soups uses coconut milk and lime with chicken, green onions, and mushrooms. It's great.

I like yellow the best, but I like 'em all.

I think yellow works best for most poultry and fish dishes, but I've had some good red thai curry with fish. It's hard to go wrong!

metagloria
04-02-2015, 04:13 PM
I like Thai, but prefer mine on the less-peanutty side. I don't know enough about the different curries to pick my favorite.

Night Fury
04-03-2015, 03:11 AM
I ended up scoffing the curry too quickly to take a pic! It was delicious though. So spicy but not overpowering. I will make it again for sure. I made my Thai green marinade with....

2 fresh green chillies chopped
tiny bit of ginger
tbsp fish sauce
tsp soy sauce
finely diced clove of garlic
tsp of chopped Palm sugar

just crushed it all up in a bowl till it was mushy then added my diced chicken and let it sit for about 2 hours. I did use a jar of paste too during the cooking but next time I'll probably just bulk up this paste and use that as the flavour and smell was awesome! And I found the paste tasted a bit plain and was lacking a kick so I'm glad I had marinated my chicken. It made all the difference

Shorty
04-03-2015, 03:17 AM
THAI CURRY IS THE GREATEST FOOD IN EXISTENCE

Green is best! I also like yellow. Bring on pounds of squash and eggplant! However, I have never made a batch of thai that tasted on par with restaurant. I do know that the key ingredient is fish sauce, but for some reason, I just don't have the magic to make it happen.

Spuuky
04-03-2015, 03:45 AM
Thai food is the best food; but curry is not the best Thai food.

Skyblade
04-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Thai food is the best food; but curry is not the best Thai food.

This.

Pad Kee Mao FTW.