PDA

View Full Version : i do love ff tho

individual23
04-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Hey guys !!! I'm a huge final fantasy fan from Canada. I'm 26, I've been playing ff games since I was 12.

I remember the first time I saw one of my friends play FF8 on his PS2 and I thought it was the coolest looking game ever. I hadn't really seen any newer RPG's back then. The closest thing I had played to FF back then was Pokémon for Gameboy Color. I didn't have a playstation back then, only Nintendo, but after the PS2 came out, me and my sister got a newer generation PS for Christmas one year. On boxing day I found a copy of FF7 at Toys R Us. I ended up playing it the whole way through. Halfway through, I ended up using a gameshark out of curiousity. I felt guilty, so I found a strategy guide and restarted my game, and followed the strategy guide to get everything. I beat the game with all of the limit breaks, a gold chocobo, all the summons, and my characters were at level 97.

By the time I had beat FF7, PS2 was out so I pretty much missed out on playing FF8 and FF9 when they were brand new, but I was probably too young to have fully appreciated them. I picked up FFX and I beat it too. I really like FFX a lot, I think it is one of the easiest FF's to play. I hate Tidus though ;) Wakka, Auron, and Lulu are pretty sick.

I never beat FFX2, I did get maybe 30% through until I lost interest. I got right up to deepground in DoC, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Many years after FFXII came out I played 25 hours into it and I love it!!! I want to go back and finish it soon.

I also beat FFXIII, without a strategy guide, which I can assume is pretty easy. I did like the fighting style in ffXIII even though I know a lot of people didn't like it.

As for the old school FF's, I beat FF1 and FF2 for Gameboy, on the Dawn of Souls version. I got really far in FF3 on my android phone, however, I had to trade it in...... I'm going to have to start it over on my ninendo 3ds. I've never beat FF4, 5, or 6!!!

I really, want to play 6 in all it's entirety one day because I know it's probably one of the deepest ones.

Other than FF, I'm playing Majora's Mask for 3ds. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are also two of my favorite games. Never got into the newer Zelda's as much, but I've played through Ocarina of Time twice now.

Also got back into pokemon, I have Omega Ruby!! Killing it. Really love how they did the new versions.

I'm really open minded. I don't mind the newer final fantasy games, I know lots of people think they aren't as good, but I enjoy them just fine. I never beat XIII-2, and I haven't played Lightning Returns yet. I recently ordered a bunch of FF games for DS for my collection.

Other than playing video games I'm also a musician in my city here.

Not much else to say, just wanted to say hi!!!

-V

FFIX Choco Boy
04-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Kwehlcome! Some quick tips for the forums: Psychotic is psychotic, I'm obsessed with chocobos, Jiro is the most sadistic riddle master ever, and we actually talk about Final Fantasy less than other things for some reason.

Psychotic
04-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Hello! I like your intro post, really detailed and gives a feel for who you are. Good luck with FFIII when you pick it up again!
Psychotic is psychoticWell, one person's "psychotic" is another person's "loving and caring individual who just wants to hug the life out of you", so...

FFIX Choco Boy
04-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Why Final Fantasy Type-0 HD's NPCs have driven me into a murderous frenzy

Yes, loving and caring indeed.

fat_moogle
04-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay :D

Christmas
04-04-2015, 05:22 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext20850012.gif

Ayen
04-04-2015, 09:08 PM
I really, want to play 6 in all it's entirety one day because I know it's probably one of the deepest ones.

It is. There are a lot of mature themes that are handled really well that I don't recall seeing in any of the other entries, or other games for that matter. At least not the ones I played.

Ocarina of Time is pretty neat.

HI! I'm ToriJ, Resident Critic and Arya fanatic. Pleased to meet ya.

Colonel Angus
04-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Welcome to EoFF, indiviual23! Hope you have a good time here.

Since you're a big fan of FFVII & FFX, you might want to check out our Let's Plays on the EoFF YouTube page.

individual23
04-05-2015, 05:57 AM
Hey guys thanks for the replies!! I will check out the Lets Plays.

I'm currently playing FFX HD remastered for PS3. I want to get it again for the PS4 when it comes out, and start it over. This time, I'll go really hardcore with it, and max out the sphere grid.

as for hobbies, I'm also a music producer and artist in my city, here is my soundcloud page!
https://soundcloud.com/theonlyindividual

fat_moogle
04-05-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm currently playing FFX HD remastered for PS3. I want to get it again for the PS4 when it comes out, and start it over.
I played and completed FFX on PS2. Bought it again last year on PS3 digitally during a sale, but I only got to Besaid. Since I got a PS4 in September my PS3 has been in a box and I haven't touched it, so I too am thinking about buying it again for PS4 so that I have a physical copy.

Shauna
04-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Welcome to EoFF! Glad to have you with us! :D

Kalevala
04-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Welcome! Always nice to have more Canadians around.