PDA

View Full Version : Crack that whip!

Psychotic
04-07-2015, 02:00 PM
By whip I mean knuckles. Or neck. Or back. What body parts of yours can you crack/pop? I can get all of my fingers on the bottom knuckle joint, and all the ones on my right hand on the top joint as well. Isn't it fun? I feel really on edge until I've cracked them all if I ever get the urge. Then you have weird people all around you who get offended at joint cracking :colbert: Discuss this most noble of pastimes!

noxious.sunshine
04-07-2015, 03:20 PM
I can crack all the bottom knuckles on my fingers, and that one bone/joint/knuckle below my thumbs that connects to the wrist or whatever.

My ankle cracks involuntarily when I walk sometimes. And sometimes my knees get stiff so I pop them too. And I can pop my back in a few places, but I haven't done that in ages.

I kind of try to not do any voluntary joint popping though. I don't want really bad arthritis when I get old.

Psychotic
04-07-2015, 03:34 PM
The arthritis thing is a myth designed to make people stop being so annoying with it. Crack away!

Shauna
04-07-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm not too creaky overall, and I don't actively crack anything.

However, pretty much any time I move my right hand, it will crack. So just flexing my fingers makes a symphony of pops.

Iceglow
04-07-2015, 11:28 PM
I crack all the bones! Well seriously speaking as a list?
Voluntarily:

- Fingers - bottom middle and top joints, I do this repeatedly, sometimes they crack like dry twigs other times I get massive pops which disturb half the office. I get told not to do this because it disgusts my colleagues, so often I actually laugh and express the fact that it's not entirely voluntary I just flex/clench my hands and it goes. Right this second I just set off a loud quadruple crack followed by the first finger on my right hand popping when I exerted pressure on it.
- Shoulders/neck - I roll my shoulders back and force the shoulder blades to crack my vertebrae from neck to mid back as I roll the pressure wave down, I generally need some tension to pull it off sometimes it'll happen when I stretch.

Involuntary but fairly frequent:

- Wrists - that's a little difficult to do but it happens and can be actually painful due to the sheer number of nerves that can get pinched/displaced
- Elbow - again, not something I particularly do intentionally but it happens
- Right Knee and Ankle - I reckon these are to do with my various incidents on the right leg. I can't choose when this happens but when it does it's super loud

sharkythesharkdogg
04-08-2015, 12:15 AM
I can (and regularly do) pop all the joints in my fingers and hands.

I can pop my back and neck. I have a trick hip that likes to pop on it's own. I have a big toe that pops.

About the weirdest thing I can pop voluntarily are my ribs where they join at the sternum. If I stretch right I can occasionally get them to pop all the way down on both sides. Usually it's just a few.

Shorty
04-08-2015, 12:24 AM
I can do my knuckles and fingers and toes and that's it. My sister does her neck and I'm always afraid she's going to kill herself like how people break necks in movies.

My ankles also crack and pop a lot in the morning.

Ayen
04-08-2015, 01:28 AM
None and I plan to keep it that way.

Shiny
04-08-2015, 01:30 AM
Welp, I do have arthritis so basically all of my joints. Sometimes I freak myself out because when I get out of bed about 5 different things crack. Sounds like Pringles. I crack my knuckles intentionally every so often and I know a lot of people dislike that. My mom says it will make me have man hands. :(

Pike
04-08-2015, 01:48 AM
None because it's gross and also painful D:

Kalevala
04-08-2015, 04:10 AM
I can pop voluntarily are my ribs where they join at the sternum. If I stretch right I can occasionally get them to pop all the way down on both sides.

Oh my god what.

Night Fury
04-08-2015, 04:59 AM
The only one I can do is my jaw and it's involuntary it just happens sometimes and then stops! I guess if I tried I could do it whenever but ew no.

Sephex
04-08-2015, 05:01 AM
Knuckles (not related to the Sonic franchise) and neck I crack intentionally because it feels good/satisfying. I can make my both my wrists crack good too, but I get nothing out of that.

Vermachtnis
04-08-2015, 06:33 AM
I crack my knuckles all the time and pop shoulders to loosen up. I crack my neck involuntarily when people or things get annoying.

Old Manus
04-08-2015, 11:46 AM

My knees crack every time I bend them, but that's probably more to do with the fact they're on their way out more than anything.

MissH
04-08-2015, 03:31 PM
I love a good crack.

I crack anything I can- my neck,my knuckles,ankles,knees,hip.

Danny finds it really weird how if you hug me tightly my back cracks. It brings the greatest relief. Really is cracking stuff.

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2015, 04:29 AM
Ever since I took exams in Year 11, yes. Suddenly I gained the ability, and it has developed wonderfully. If I have it, it can click. Personal highlight was getting on a bus at Bristol and just having a little neck crack, except that it came out as this insanely louyd multi-crunch monstrosity, and I loved it. :jess:

Iceglow
04-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Arthur, I did that in my GCSE Chemistry Exam. I finished up in pretty quick time and had a lot of tension in my back so I rolled my shoulders back and everything from the top to the bottom of my spine effectively became Chinese Fire Crackers, it was also loud enough to disturb the entire hall.

Spooniest
04-13-2015, 07:52 AM
GIVE THE PAST THE SLIP

Rantz
04-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Cracking your neck/back is the most satisfying thing. I do those, fingers/toes, and elbow joints. Maybe shoulders sometimes, I'm unsure.

Bubba
04-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Yeah, pretty much everything.
- Fingers
- Wrists
- Forearm/elbow (that's a weird one)
- Shoulders
- Hips
- Knees
- Ankles
- Toes

Not my neck though for some reason.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-13-2015, 04:51 PM
I can pop voluntarily are my ribs where they join at the sternum. If I stretch right I can occasionally get them to pop all the way down on both sides.

Oh my god what.

Yyyyup.

The only one I can do is my jaw and it's involuntary it just happens sometimes and then stops! I guess if I tried I could do it whenever but ew no.

I forgot my jaw does this on it's own sometimes two, and since it's right near my ears it sound extra loud and horrible. It's not a pop sound, it's this weird crunchy, grunchy, tearing of sinew and dislocation of bone sound.

My knees crack every time I bend them, but that's probably more to do with the fact they're on their way out more than anything.

I forgot got that mine did this, and for the same reasons. Oh good. :(

Freya
04-13-2015, 06:55 PM
My back. If I sit with my feet planted and twist my torso it goes pop pop pop pop pop pop pop. Some people are envious others are weirded out. I do it a few times a day when I feel stiff.

Laddy
04-16-2015, 09:17 PM
None. I've always been squicked out with intentionally cracking/snapping bones. Y'all are gross.