PDA

View Full Version : You're giving me a real headache!

Psychotic
04-10-2015, 07:36 PM
How often do you get headaches? Where in your head? What are your preferred methods of bringing those bastards to heel?

I can go months without one but then get two or three in a week, all in different places on my head. Around my temples and my eye socket areas are common. I am a huge gigantic babby with medicine so I used to just try to sleep them off, but I've recently discovered meltlets. They're pills that dissolve in your mouth. They're meant to taste like lemon although I assume that just got mislabeled and what they meant to say was elephant vomit. Still, they do the trick and even babby old me can swallow them!

Dante WolfWood
04-10-2015, 07:41 PM
OTC migraine pills at the very first sign of a headache. Works every time.

escobert
04-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Not too often anymore. There were times in my teens when I would get them quite often. Hmmm football? :p My mom has them almost daily, she's had neck surgery to try and relieve pain.

Dante WolfWood
04-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Not too often anymore. There were times in my teens when I would get them quite often. Hmmm football? :p My mom has them almost daily, she's had neck surgery to try and relieve pain.

My fiance is like that. She was sledding down a hill years ago and ran right into a tree. Multiple surgeries later, she has migraines practically daily. I really hate it for her. :(

escobert
04-10-2015, 09:01 PM
My mom is a registered OR nurse and hurt her neck/back lifting heavy people on and off beds for surgery. She had to ave several vertebrae fused like 15 years ago or so.

Dante WolfWood
04-10-2015, 09:04 PM
My mom is a registered OR nurse and hurt her neck/back lifting heavy people on and off beds for surgery. She had to ave several vertebrae fused like 15 years ago or so.

My sister has similar problems as a OR nurse. I don't understand why they don't have employees specifically for that kind of lifting.

escobert
04-10-2015, 09:13 PM

My sister has similar problems as a OR nurse. I don't understand why they don't have employees specifically for that kind of lifting.

There's actually been several laws around the country passed since this is a bigger problem than people realize. Hospitals are just slow at getting the equipment and good about not reporting things. There was a big investigation on "all things considered" on NPR recently that was pretty interesting.

fire_of_avalon
04-10-2015, 11:41 PM
The hospital system I work for was featured prominently in that report. :/ I can say it's gotten better under new leadership

Shiny
04-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Sinus problems up the wazoo so I get headaches more frequently than I'd like. Usually they go away when I rest or take some decongestant medicine. Stress induced headaches are only cured two ways for me: sleep or sex. I very rarely take any pills or anything for headaches unless it's allergy related.

Denmark
04-10-2015, 11:53 PM
mostly from hangovers cause i'm an idiot who gets hangovers. around the eyes. sucks.

Dark_Valentine
04-11-2015, 03:44 PM
:( I get them all the time...I have terrible sinuses. I actually have one right now that I've had for two days. Mine are usually around the eye sockets and temples too but the worst ones travel around my head. I usually take some medicine and nap for awhile...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Shorty
04-11-2015, 03:49 PM
I don't get pounding headaches very often, but instead I experience dizziness and lightheadedness somewhat frequently.

Dark_Valentine
04-11-2015, 03:51 PM
I don't get headaches very often, but instead I experience dizziness and lightheadedness somewhat frequently.
I envy you lol I would much rather be dizzy!

Iceglow
04-11-2015, 04:43 PM
I used to get frequent migraines and headaches. Most of them would start in the muscles around my left eye as a twitch there. So after some deliberation where I convinced myself that there was a pattern to the headaches I went and got an eye test. Now that I have glasses I'm getting far fewer headaches or migraines.

When I get a headache though or a migraine the treatment is the same: Painkillers, lots of them depending on how bad it is I'll wind up taking both ibuprofen based pain killers and paracetamol based ones simultaneously. Essentially my policy is to take off and nuke the site from orbit.

fire_of_avalon
04-12-2015, 03:47 AM
I used to get headaches a lot but I haven't had one in a while I don't think. I stopped drinking so much soda? Maybe that helped? We'll see.

Calliope
04-12-2015, 04:42 AM
I get stress headaches almost every day, now.

Night Fury
04-12-2015, 04:48 AM
Not so much anymore. Occasionally I do but they're not that bad as long as I take a painkiller.

I used to get horrific migraines though when I was on a certain brand of contraceptive pill. They would be so bad I couldn't get out of bed, couldn't walk because it hurt so much, and I would have to throw up to get rid of the pain (I don't know why that helped it just did - maybe I was just in so much pain my body was like NOPE JUST GONNA MAKE YOU VOM YAH)

Anyway I stopped taking that and it was MAGICAL. I went weeks and weeks and weeks without a single migraine headache - but then one day I got a tiny headache and I got really excited because I'd never actually had a headache for soooo long, it was just this tiny little pain in my head and I was overjoyed it didn't turn into a full blown migraine! :o amazing.

Aerith's Knight
04-12-2015, 04:43 PM
I endure it.

Like a boss.

Laddy
04-17-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm not really one to get headaches that often, really. In the rare case I do, they can be kinda neat. Almost like I'm floating and shit but with excruciating cranial pain.

CimminyCricket
04-17-2015, 11:13 PM
I only get them when I go days without wearing my glasses. My female parental unit gets chronic migraines to the point she has to stick herself with a needle. Glad I don't have to do that.

Ayen
04-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Rare. I usually just lay down or take an Aleve if it gets real bad.

Chris
04-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Usually on Sunday mornings. Alcohol is to blame for my suffering.

~*~Celes~*~
04-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Stress/tension headaches or sinus headaches :(