PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it all?!

Psychotic
04-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Place your bets now.

Ergroilnin
04-11-2015, 01:10 PM
http://sdtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/0403.sdt-github.png

Jinx
04-11-2015, 02:23 PM
I still think it's going to be Dany.

Madame Adequate
04-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Dany, clearly. Married to Jon Snow.

Freya
04-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Hot pie

Ayen
04-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Arya.

Everyone of importance thinks she's dead.

fire_of_avalon
04-12-2015, 01:40 AM
After bloodily battling her way to King's Landing, Dany will decide to voluntarily weaken the power of the monarchy, given her struggles abroad, and develop a strong, tricameral Parliament under herself. The first representatives will be Sansa Stark, of the North, Margarey Tyrell, of the Reach, and Arianne Martell, of Dorne.

Cause sisters are doing it for themselves.

LunarWeaver
04-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Well Rickon better be for something. I'm clicking his name, the poor little fool.

Mirage
04-12-2015, 02:52 AM
Arya, because no one else will be alive.

Shorty
04-12-2015, 02:59 AM
Jon Snow. He fits the descrip.

theundeadhero
04-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Jon, after he finds out his mother was a Targaryen.

Night Fury
04-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Arya and Gendry.

Colonel Angus
04-12-2015, 05:52 PM
the southpole elf.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Eddard Stark is pretty much the main character, so I imagine he'll be the one to become King Under the Mountain or whatever. The One Throne will probably be cast into the fires of Drogon though.

Jess
04-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Jon Snow. He is the song of Ice & Fire.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-13-2015, 11:23 PM
I'll go with Little Finger because I like the idea of a crafty person born from nothing working his way up the ranks.

I know a lot of people want Dany or Jon, but this many seasons later I've come to expect the unexpected. There's always something in the way of what you want.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-13-2015, 11:42 PM
I know a lot of people want Dany or Jon, but this many seasons later I've come to expect the unexpected. There's always something in the way of what you want.

George

As the dragons flew away, I looked around me to see the dead bodies of everyone who fought for the throne. Targaryen, Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Tyrell.... None of them made it in the end. The only one left to build the Seven Kingdoms up again was me, George, first of the House Martin. I sat down in the Iron Throne and smiled over the death around me.

The feelings of victory washed over me, and there was only one thing left to do. "To help celebrate my ascension to the throne, let those of us who still live have a feast here before the eyes of the old gods and the new."

[300 pages describing the food of the feast]

The End.

Bolivar
04-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Sansa. Martin said it's all about bittersweet endings and her fantasies of becoming Queen at the beginning of the series would nicely contrast with everything it took to actually get her there, especially after she lost everything.

Del Murder
04-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Rickon Stark, King in the North and South. Bran will probably sacrifice himself doing something foolish. The rest will all kill each other when Dany finally shows up.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Durga the Hutt

Hollycat
04-16-2015, 02:15 AM
Jon and Dany together. Fire and Ice comes together to fight the Others, and combine the only two living (non oldbie) Targaryns in marriage.

chionos
04-16-2015, 04:39 AM
No one. The throne will be destroyed. There will be no king or queen of the seven kingdoms.

You heard it here first, folks.

Shorty
04-16-2015, 04:43 AM
No one. The throne will be destroyed. There will be no king or queen of the seven kingdoms.

Anarchist! Burn him! Burn him!

Scotty_ffgamer
04-16-2015, 05:10 AM
I see someone aligns with the Lord of Light.

chionos
04-16-2015, 05:12 AM

Anarchist! Burn him! Burn him!

You can't burn me. I boffed and killed the Red Witch. I have her powers now. Suckas.

Ayen
04-16-2015, 05:13 AM
That ending kind of would be justice with how many people died and betrayed each other just to play the game.

Night Fury
04-16-2015, 05:31 AM

I think this myself, actually. I think whoever is left will know the danger of their power - Dany is already seeing it now with the slaves and their masters revolting. I don't think it will be a case of 'X is on the Throne. The End' I think maybe there will be a few kings/queens. Like, Sansa would be Queen of the North and other people would rule elsewhere - so there wouldn't be 1 king for the entire 7 kingdoms!

Plus, with everything that's happening with the wall and the white walkers - they're gonna all have to band together and fight together against them and bloody well get over it.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 01:19 PM
After considering things carefully, I'm going with Bronn. Name one person who has risen up the ranks faster than him.

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 01:41 PM
After considering things carefully, I'm going with Bronn. Name one person who has risen up the ranks faster than him.Petyr Baelish.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Nah, Bronn has gone up the ladder way faster in my opinion. While Baelish was born to a fairly nothing house, Bronn was not born to any house I know of at all. He spent his life going up the ranks and that would have taken quite some time, eventually he reaches the small council around the start of the series. So he's already worked his way up - over many, many calculated years - and is pretty high on the ladder.

Bronn, meanwhile, starts off as a mercenary at the beginning of the series, a genuine nobody, and is now sitting pretty in a position of nobility. How fast did he do that? Pretty damned fast. If you go by speed of progression up the ladder, Bronn has everyone aced right now.

Shorty
04-16-2015, 03:22 PM
Bronn will not get anywhere near the iron throne. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Nah it's totes Bronn.

Jinx
04-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Bronn will not get anywhere near the iron throne. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention.

I feel the same way with people who think Arya or Sansa will sit on the Iron Throne.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Let's face it, [insert character name here] will not get anywhere near the iron throne. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention.

Jinx
04-16-2015, 03:32 PM
No, I just think some choices are a bit random is all.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 03:42 PM
I think what I said is pretty accurate. Everyone gon' die.

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Baelish has made a bigger jump to Lord Paramount than Bronn did to minor lord. There are hundreds and hundreds of lordship opportunities equivalent to Stokeworth. There are only seven opportunities to be a Lord Paramount, and those positions have been occupied by Stark, Tully, Arryn, Lannister, Tyrell etc. for centuries. Oh, except in reality he actually holds two of these positions as he is also the Lord Protector of the Vale. He also now owns Harrenhal, the biggest castle in the god damn world.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 04:09 PM
I get that, but he still started life as a noble. Stokeworth isn't that bad, either, having read up on it.

Again, I'm talking speed of progression up the ladder, not the amount of rungs climbed. Bronn has gone from literally nothing to upper nobility with one of the few wealthy houses still supporting King's Landing in exactly how long? What, a year? I dunno how time works in this thing, but Baelish worked over his entire adult life to get to where he is while Bronn managed to climb his ladder from random unannounced mercenary to upper nobility in pretty short time.

Jinx
04-16-2015, 04:11 PM
I get that, but he still started life as a noble. Stokeworth isn't that bad, either, having read up on it.

Again, I'm talking speed of progression up the ladder, not the amount of rungs climbed. Bronn has gone from literally nothing to upper nobility with one of the few wealthy houses still supporting King's Landing in exactly how long? What, a year? I dunno how time works in this thing, but Baelish worked over his entire adult life to get to where he is while Bronn managed to climb his ladder from random unannounced mercenary to upper nobility in pretty short time.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's supposed to have been two or three years since the beginning of the first episode.

Freya
04-16-2015, 04:12 PM
And bronn has stated he doesn't want anything to do with the politics. He just wants to get paid. So why would he even sit on the throne?

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Baelish made his climb from the minorest of nobility to Lord of two of the Kingdoms over the same length that Bronn went from Sellsword to Lord Stokeworth - the length of the books to date. Heck, he actually does it quicker - They both began their climb with Blackwater and Baelish marries and kills Lysa before Bronn marries Lollys.

Jinx
04-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Yeah, but Baelish was already Master of Coin at the beginning of the series. To say he didn't have influence over the Realm is a bit dishonest!

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Master of Coin just a title - look at how much power someone like Gyles Rosby had when he became Master of Coin. What did he have in terms of actual land himself? A random crap holding on a rocky piece of land covered in sheep trout.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 04:23 PM
"Master of Coin is just a title" - what a load of bollocks argument when everything we're talking about is essentially just a title. He was part of the small council. You point out that there are only seven Lord Paramounts in the kingdom. I'll point out that there are generally around seven names on the small council and they tend to include the King and the King's Hand.

Sorry, just can't compete with the Bronnmeister. Baelish was talking to the King. Bronn was talking to Chiggen. You tell me which guy started off with a better chance of making it to where he is now.

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 04:29 PM
No, it's not just a title. A Lord Paramount has hundreds of bannermen and lesser houses sworn to him, receipt of revenues and incomes etc. and land. How many names are on the small council indeed? Qyburn (disgraced maester) Varys (foreign eunuch) Aurane Waters (foreign bastard) and so on. It's not exactly the most prestigious people in the land, is it? And how many times have those positions changed hands over the course of the books? We've had what, seven Hands of the King alone? Anyone can get on it. Nobody outside of Stark, Lannister, Baratheon etc. has been a Lord Paramount for centuries. Not in any way comparable in terms of power or status.

Jinx
04-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Kind of off-topic...

Psy, can you explain something to me? I've been re-reading the books and obviously I understand how lesser houses are the bannermen of larger houses. But I'm confused how THOSE houses have bannermen too. Wouldn't they just automatically be the bannermen of the largest house?

It's something I've been legitimately curious about, and this thread kind of went there and made me remember to ask.

theundeadhero
04-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Plus, with everything that's happening with the wall and the white walkers - they're gonna all have to band together and fight together against them and bloody well get over it.I think the white walkers are gonna break through the wall before Dany comes over, but Jon's gonna survive, which is how he becomes a dragon rider. White walkers are gonna destroy most of the armies in Westoros, and it's gonna take her Army to kill them off but she dies in the process which is why Jon ends up on the throne.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 04:36 PM
I disagree pretty much on every point, Psy. xD Also, I consider the likes of Varys to be extremely powerful people in the world. Just because Baelish wasn't considered powerful by Ignorant Noble #523 doesn't mean that anyone watching the show didn't think he was powerful. The guy did come up from nothing, yes, but he did it over time, always plotting. He worked his way up through different methods, but he was definitely increasing in power at a rapid pace due to the people who he was associating with and the control he gained over them, through his business acumen, etc. etc.

Bronn lucked out by being in the right pub at the right time, killed a few dudes, got a captaincy, got a knighthood, got a lordship, and if he keeps going up at that rate he'll be kickin' back on the throne by season six and he won't even have intended on it. It'll be basically handed to him. Probably by Petyr Baelish of all people.

EDIT: hero's post seems pretty possible. Although idk about the White Walkers, I mean, they're badass and all, but it'll be a bit boring if in the end it becomes White Walkers vs. Everyone. It's so much more fun in GoT when it's Everyone vs. Everyone. Here's hoping we see some serious White Walker internal politics.

Kalevala
04-16-2015, 04:39 PM

Either this or Westeros will be so broken and desolate that it won't even matter who sits on the throne. Possibly Daenerys finally gaining what she's worked so hard to obtain only to realize she's "ruling over it's ashes," or Jon begrudgingly accepting his duty to rule as the king of a fallen kingdom.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Either this or Westeros will be so broken and desolate that it won't even matter who sits on the throne. Possibly Daenerys finally gaining what she's worked so hard to obtain only to realize she's "ruling over it's ashes," or Jon begrudgingly accepting his duty to rule as the king of a fallen kingdom.
Baelish would be the one to do that given that's what Varys says he wants to do (rule over the ashes). Can't see it happening though, because Baelish is ultimately portrayed as a villain and I don't think even Mr. Martin will give his series a genuinely negative ending.

Could be wrong though.

Del Murder
04-16-2015, 04:45 PM
At the start of the books Baelish was powerful because he was useful. Now he is powerful because he has power. The difference is power that could easily be taken away and power that is very difficult to take away.

Lollys is a younger daughter which makes Bronn lord of nothing yet (is he even married to her yet?). Also like Psy said, there are hundreds of these smaller lordships that are often rewarded to those who please their masters. What happened to Bronn is probably not uncommon.

Although Baelish started at a higher place, his rise is far beyond anything Bronn has done and he has gone from a useful cog in the King's Landing machine to lord of two kingdoms and one of the most powerful men in Westeros.

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Kind of off-topic...

Psy, can you explain something to me? I've been re-reading the books and obviously I understand how lesser houses are the bannermen of larger houses. But I'm confused how THOSE houses have bannermen too. Wouldn't they just automatically be the bannermen of the largest house?

It's something I've been legitimately curious about, and this thread kind of went there and made me remember to ask.The King owns all of Westeros. But he's like, bloody hell, I can't micromanage every jot of land. I'll keep the Crownlands for myself to manage. Lords Stark, Lannister, Martell, Tyrell etc. you each take this piece of my land and manage it for me. And Ned Stark's like, blimey, this North is pretty big. I'll keep Winterfell for me to manage. Lords Bolton, Umber, Karstark, Cerwyn etc. each of you have a piece of my land and manage it for me. And so Roose Bolton is like, bloody hell, I can't manage all of this. I'll keep the Dreadfort for me to manage... and so on.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Basically, it's business.

Kalevala
04-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Baelish would be the one to do that given that's what Varys says he wants to do (rule over the ashes). Can't see it happening though, because Baelish is ultimately portrayed as a villain and I don't think even Mr. Martin will give his series a genuinely negative ending.

Could be wrong though.

I agree that, although I'd love to see it happen, Littlefinger likely won't be crowned by Martin.

I should specify that I don't mean Daenerys would intentionally see Westeros burn if she could be queen of its ashes, as in Varys' line about Littlefinger. What I mean is that the country is likely going to burn (figuratively and literally) as a result of the White Walker invasion and her conquest, and she won't realize how unhappy she is to be sitting at the head of the ruins until she's actually doing so.

I keep picturing this. 63871

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Although Baelish started at a higher place, his rise is far beyond anything Bronn has done and he has gone from a useful cog in the King's Landing machine to lord of two kingdoms and one of the most powerful men in Westeros.
"useful cog in the King's Landing machine" is a position of such insane power. The only difference between Baelish and any random menial person given such a position is that Baelish actually had the savvy to use his position of power.

But if we're going to start waving hands around about fast progression of power then I suppose Robert probably beats Baelish, because, well, he was King. If you're going by the way you guys are talking, no Baratheon was ever King before Robert was and it's a bigger title so therefore instawin. ;)

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Yeah not gonna argue there. But then he also progressed from King to corpse, so...

Jinx
04-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Kind of off-topic...

It's something I've been legitimately curious about, and this thread kind of went there and made me remember to ask.The King owns all of Westeros. But he's like, bloody hell, I can't micromanage every jot of land. I'll keep the Crownlands for myself to manage. Lords Stark, Lannister, Martell, Tyrell etc. you each take this piece of my land and manage it for me. And Ned Stark's like, blimey, this North is pretty big. I'll keep Winterfell for me to manage. Lords Bolton, Umber, Karstark, Cerwyn etc. each of you have a piece of my land and manage it for me. And so Roose Bolton is like, bloody hell, I can't manage all of this. I'll keep the Dreadfort for me to manage... and so on.

Thanks. Obviously I understand HOW it worked just not WHY it was even a thing.

Psychotic
04-16-2015, 05:14 PM
I guess if Lord Bolton is the one who has given you the land and not Lord Stark you're loyal to Lord Bolton.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-16-2015, 05:15 PM
I imagine the why is to make them feel more powerful than they actually are. They lesser houses give up land to those below them in exchange for having them as bannermen. Ultimately, all would probably still be banner men to the main house, but if the lesser house split or betrayed from the main house, their banner men would probably have more loyalty with them than the main house. So the how is everyone giving land so that the amount they personally manage is more manageable. The why is to create a sense of power. That's what I think. I'm sick though, so my thoughts are pretty hazy right now.

In the end, I'm sure everyone will bend the knee to Pod, king of Westeros.

CimminyCricket
04-16-2015, 05:28 PM
House Podrick
"Whore's pay us for sex"

Jinx
04-16-2015, 05:48 PM
thats not how you spell rickon scotty

Scotty_ffgamer
04-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Excuse me, Podrickon

theundeadhero
04-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Generally speaking Targaryens are the fire and white walkers are the ice.

Jinx
04-17-2015, 12:14 AM
I've always thought/assumed Dany is the Fire and Jon is the Ice.

Shorty
04-17-2015, 12:23 AM

This is how I've viewed it as well. Though it could be White Walkers vs. Dragons and/or the Red God, depending on how you view it.

Jinx
04-17-2015, 12:24 AM

This is how I've viewed it as well. Though it could be White Walkers vs. Dragons and/or the Red God, depending on how you view it.

Definitely. I think it's probably open for interpretation and will be ambiguous until the series is over.

Ayen
04-17-2015, 01:35 AM
I'm going to say Jon Snow is a Song of Ice and Fire.

GRRM already admits some of the fans guessed correctly at his plot twist. Naturally, he wouldn't say which. (http://time.com/3104085/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-plot-twist/)

Also, I voted Arya because she's my favorite character. I don't give a smurf who ends up on the throne. It's likely to be Jon by way of loophole. George does love his bastards.

Jinx
04-17-2015, 02:21 AM
I'm going to say Jon Snow is a Song of Ice and Fire.

GRRM already admits some of the fans guessed correctly at his plot twist. Naturally, he wouldn't say which. (http://time.com/3104085/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-plot-twist/)

Also, I voted Arya because she's my favorite character. I don't give a smurf who ends up on the throne. It's likely to be Jon by way of loophole. George does love his bastards.

Well, Rhaegar did play the lute, yes?

EDIT: But you know...also...sex

Dark_Valentine
04-17-2015, 02:28 AM
Dany, clearly. Married to Jon Snow.
yes!

Scotty_ffgamer
04-17-2015, 02:30 AM
In the end, all that was left was a single man, standing amidst the ruins of what was once Westeros. He was only vaguely aware of the events that were transpiring before the final battle took place. He didn't care much for politics. He lived in a fairly remote location away from all of the drama. He sat there, unsure how to process the smell of burning flesh around him.

All that came to mind was a song his mother had taught him when he was young. A Song of Ice and Fire. It wasn't anything significant, just a silly song about a lone ice cube and the flickering flame of a candle that came to befriend each other, only to have the ice cube melt in the presence of the fire. He sat there and hummed the melody. He always saw himself as the flame and all those he befriended as the ice cube. His relationships all melted away because of the stupid decisions he had made. In this moment, all alone, he truly thought he was the reason for the scorched earth all around him.

But then he heard a sound, a sound which made him realize maybe he wasn't alone. Maybe he had a chance of happiness even in this cruel world. It was a voice from behind that spoke a single word:

"Hodor."

Loony BoB
04-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Thinking on this a little longer, I think the Iron Throne will be destroyed before the end. Close to the end, but before it is all over.

Pumpkin
04-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Myrcella because I liker her(?) name more than the others >.>

Shiny
04-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Jon Snow because he's the underdog and probably also partly Targaryen. I also have the sneaking suspicion there will be no thrown at the end, but I think it's more likely that they will all end up destroying each other.

Jinx
04-17-2015, 08:11 PM
I also have the sneaking suspicion there will be know thrown at the end, but I think it's more likely that they will all end up destroying each other.

"It is known thrown."

Shiny
04-17-2015, 08:19 PM
I also have the sneaking suspicion there will be know thrown at the end, but I think it's more likely that they will all end up destroying each other.

"It is known thrown."

Yeah sure, we'll go with that. xD

I think Bran has a good chance too. He can control the mind of most living things.

Ergroilnin
04-17-2015, 10:35 PM
How the hell did this thread grow 5 pages long? I gave the obvious and only truly possible answer as the first reply of the thread.

Any of you who deny Hodor are heathen and to be burned and drown and killed and eaten and whatever by the old gods and the new, also by the fire lord and all other gods :colbert:

CimminyCricket
04-17-2015, 10:46 PM
5 pages? It's 3 pages.

Also: I don't know.

Jinx
04-17-2015, 10:54 PM
3 pages? It's 2 pages.

CimminyCricket
04-17-2015, 10:55 PM
You're being irresponsible.

Ergroilnin
04-17-2015, 11:23 PM
2-3 pages? Heathens everywhere, Christ, save us from this misery.

Jinx
04-17-2015, 11:32 PM
You are the heathen. Seriously, who actually keeps the pages at 15 posts per page? xD

Ayen
04-18-2015, 01:02 AM
It's 6 pages for me. I had no idea you could change that.

Jinx
04-18-2015, 01:35 AM
Yeah, go to general settings. I (like most people, I think) have 50 post per page.

Pumpkin
04-18-2015, 01:37 AM
Oh I'm the only one who has voted for poor Myrcella

Go underdog :omghey:

Ayen
04-18-2015, 01:41 AM
I'd bend the knee.

Don't tell Arya.

theundeadhero
04-18-2015, 03:44 AM
Hodor's dead, dude. Hodor's dead.

Psychotic
04-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Yeah, go to general settings. I (like most people, I think) have 50 post per page.The overwhelming majority have 30.

Mirage
04-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Who in gods name would anyone have less than 100?

I don't *really* think Arya will sit on the throne, but it would be awesome.

My *real* bet would be littlefinger. Or no one at all.

Tyson
04-19-2015, 04:28 AM
Well as for who 'should' sit on the Iron Throne there can only really be one answer. Stannis Da Mannis, it is his by right.

That being said my bet is......the Iron Throne won't exist by the time the series ends, it will be destroyed one way or another. I can't see Dany ever sitting it as it would be far to cliche and predictable. (which George R.R hates)

Same with Jon Snow, a bastard boy who just happens to be a great fighter, gets given a valyrian steel sword, the coolest direwolf, "is most likely a Targaryan Prince" and manages to rise his way through the ranks at such a young age. Might aswell have Elrond show up and name him king of Gondor.

I mean in my heart I'd like Jon to be king as he's one of the few characters that doesn't really want power(which usually make the best leaders), he is also basically Ned 2.0 at this point in the story

Bones
04-21-2015, 11:51 PM
I have to go with Jon Snow. I'm going to sob if/when he dies. He's my favorite. Not just 'cause he's pretty. He's just so innocent and honorable (for the most part), and I also think there may be a part of the story that has yet to uncover the fact that he may have a right to the throne...

fire_of_avalon
04-25-2015, 06:09 PM
JON WILL NEVER BE KING BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE HIM AN OATHBREAKER HE CANT HOLD LANDs what is WRONG with all of you.

Also yes, I know, Ygritte makes him an oath breaker but that was different, he was a spy. Also I haven't finished book five yet so if something there proves me wrong then shut it.

Ayen
04-25-2015, 11:55 PM
If GRRM wants him there he'll find a loophole to put him there.

Can I change my vote to Ser Pounce?

escobert
04-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Now I'm only in the early part of season 2 so don't spoil it for me. But, I'd have to think it'd be Jon, Arya, Roberts Bastard that's with Arya going to the wall, or Daenerys.

chionos
04-30-2015, 05:21 AM
JON WILL NEVER BE KING BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE HIM AN OATHBREAKER HE CANT HOLD LANDs what is WRONG with all of you.

Also yes, I know, Ygritte makes him an oath breaker but that was different, he was a spy. Also I haven't finished book five yet so if something there proves me wrong then shut it.

What if he sits the throne as a spy?

theundeadhero
04-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Well, when the white walkers break through the wall most of the brotherhood will die and it won't really be a thing anymore FOA.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-30-2015, 07:10 AM
Based on all of the hints the show and books drop, I'm fairly certain I'm going to sit on the Iron Throne.

Psychotic
04-30-2015, 08:06 AM
JON WILL NEVER BE KING BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE HIM AN OATHBREAKER HE CANT HOLD LANDs what is WRONG with all of you.Something was doing the rounds online a while ago, saying the monarch of Norway's title is "Norway's King" rather than "King of Norway", signifying that he belongs to the country and not vice versa. I saw someone claim that it was due to the language structure rather than anything else, but maybe one of our resident Scandinavians can confirm.

Regardless my point is that unlike the previous holders of the title, Jon Snow would not be King of Westeros. He would be Westeros's King.

Ayen
04-30-2015, 08:08 AM
That just sounds confusing enough to work.

theundeadhero
04-30-2015, 05:12 PM
I don't think GRRM would have made a point of talking about how the brotherhood used to be a part of the realm until one of the old Lord Commanders went in with the white walker lady and The North had to go in and take them out, which is why the brotherhood became a separate isolationist thing, without good reason. Although it is possible that old lord commander could be the mysterious white walker leader now reborn as one of them.

Jinx
04-30-2015, 05:58 PM

What if he sits the throne as a spy?

Game of Thrones is a SHOW about a spyyyyyyy.

Kalevala
04-30-2015, 08:25 PM
I don't think GRRM would have made a point of talking about how the brotherhood used to be a part of the realm until one of the old Lord Commanders went in with the white walker lady and The North had to go in and take them out, which is why the brotherhood became a separate isolationist thing, without good reason. Although it is possible that old lord commander could be the mysterious white walker leader now reborn as one of them.

This has actually been more or less confirmed due to HBO accidentally naming the White Walker from S3E4 in their summary. It's him.

Psychotic
04-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Anyway, if Dany sits the Iron Throne, and she can't have kids, who is her heir?

Why, who is still alive with confirmed and legitimate Targaryen blood?

Stannis.

Whattup :smug:

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 02:21 AM
I feel that Dany should be the rightful ruler of Westeros.
She has her dragons which might be enough to win her the Iron Throne, if she can control them.
I have not seen all of season 5 yet, just the first episode.

Psychotic
05-10-2015, 01:28 PM
So remember a few pages back when we had that debate over who had risen the highest fastest, Bronn or Littlefinger? I realised it's moot. The winner is actually Qyburn. Disgraced former Maester having to work for the Bloody Mummers, so at an equal level to Bronn, ends up - in a shorter time than Bronn becoming Lord Stokeworth as he doesn't appear until the second book - becoming Lord Qyburn, Master of Whisperers.

Del Murder
05-11-2015, 03:19 AM
Well there you go.

Richard
05-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Watch it be Jon Snow who gets the throne. LOL

chionos
05-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Watch it be Jon Snow who gets the throne. LOL

I will watch no such thing, sir. The only throne Jon Snow will sit is the ice throne of the white walkers when he becomes one and takes over that bumbling hoard of no-accounts.

Bubba
05-14-2015, 09:10 AM
There are so many people on Facebook who have their profile picture with them on the Iron Throne... it'll probably be someone like Kevin Howard, 20-year-old student, Ilford of the house Essex.

Ayen
05-14-2015, 09:36 AM
It's me. Spoilers: it's me. I'm sorry you guys had to find out this way. They're still thinking of how to write me into the show.

Del Murder
05-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Mad King Tori.

Jon Snow is clearly the most noble character in the series so obviously he will die a horrible death at the end.

It took a while, but now I'm firmly in the Stannis camp. He's not the king they need, but he's the king they deserve.

Ayen
05-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Mad King Tori.

What? I'm not mad.

-introduces crucifixion to Westeros-

Jinx
05-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Yeah, backing up foa to say it's not gonna be Jon Snow. He's a great character (even if his story itself is a bit dull) but he's not going to forsake his vows again. He turned down being Lord of Winterfell to not break his vows, he's sure as Seven Hells not going to be KING.

blackmage_nuke
05-16-2015, 02:14 PM
The Iron Throne shall be melted down by dragons and a system of democracy will be established.

Tyson
05-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Yeah, backing up foa to say it's not gonna be Jon Snow. He's a great character (even if his story itself is a bit dull) but he's not going to forsake his vows again. He turned down being Lord of Winterfell to not break his vows, he's sure as Seven Hells not going to be KING.

But what if the Night's Watch ceases to exist?? Say the White Walkers do somehow smash through the wall and head South. It seems pretty unlikely there will be a Nights Watch by the end of the story. There's already so few of them left already.

Mr. Carnelian
05-18-2015, 01:25 AM
I'd like it to be Dany, but it'll probably end up being someone totally left-field that we didn't see coming. Like that baby who we saw being turned into a White Walker, or something ridiculous like that.

Loony BoB
05-19-2015, 11:29 AM
I suspect Jon would fight the White Walkers until the bitter end rather than become King because he lost the wall. That would be like taking a reward for losing, and it doesn't strike me as part of his nature.

However, if he were to somehow either defeat the White Walkers entirely, or come up with a suitable truce system, then I could imagine him becoming King.

The more I watch Tommen, the more I think it would be okay if he just remained King. I can see him eventually smartening up to those around him.

Loony BoB
05-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Thinking on this a little longer, I think the Iron Throne will be destroyed before the end. Close to the end, but before it is all over.
I'm going to count that as a win.

Mr. Carnelian
05-20-2019, 12:15 PM
it'll probably end up being someone totally left-field that we didn't see coming. Like that baby who we saw being turned into a White Walker, or something ridiculous like that.

I mean, pretty much. That would only have been marginally more ridiculous than what happened.

Jinx
05-20-2019, 01:10 PM
The Iron Throne shall be melted down by dragons and a system of democracy will be established.

blackmage_nuke gets the square

Mr. Carnelian
05-20-2019, 01:36 PM

Is blackmage_nuke the real life Three-Eyed Raven?! Give us more of your wisdom, o prescient one!:eager:

Loony BoB
05-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Ooh damn, that's spot on!

Del Murder
05-21-2019, 06:23 AM
BMN = GRRM?

Freya
05-21-2019, 01:18 PM
And bronn has stated he doesn't want anything to do with the politics. He just wants to get paid. So why would he even sit on the throne?

Hey this was kinda right too. Bronn only cared about money so now he's in charge of all the money? I guess?

blackmage_nuke
05-11-2023, 04:26 AM

Is blackmage_nuke the real life Three-Eyed Raven?! Give us more of your wisdom, o prescient one!:eager:

If I could see the future I wouldve warned you all to stop watching after season 6

Rocket Edge
07-15-2023, 05:56 AM
Obviously late to the party here, but a tragedy what happened with S8.