PDA

View Full Version : Whose (TV) death had the most impact on you?

Psychotic
04-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Without a doubt for me, Ned. I know, I know, Sean Bean always sodding dies. But Robb had literally just captured Jaime and I thought the show was going to have some intense and complex negotiations over trading the two of them, and of course Ned made the deal to confess. Absolutely did not see that one coming!

FFIX Choco Boy
04-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Katlynn. I couldn't believe the entire scene when I first saw it. I was walking around like a zombie for an entire week.

Bubba
04-11-2015, 12:36 PM
The slaying of Drogon in the first episode of Season 5. He definitely could have have stuck around and caused more mayhem. They most certainly shouldn't have deviated from the books in this regard. Khaleesi tearing up at the end had me tearing up... :cry:

Jinx
04-11-2015, 04:40 PM
I've got to go with Ned as well. I REALLY was not expecting it to happen, and that was the moment the series got real for me.

Also, how he screams "Baylor!" to try and save Arya as best as he can. And how he knows he's about to die and he looks up at the statue both to see one last glimpse of her and also in hopes that she got away.

I'm getting a bit teary writing this, truth be told.

Mirage
04-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Probably Ned.

Pike
04-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Ned because SOMEONE told me he wouldn't die :mad2:

Madame Adequate
04-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Who was that awful person?!

Also it may be cliched but Robb.

Ayen
04-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Without a doubt for me, Ned. I know, I know, Sean Bean always sodding dies. But Robb had literally just captured Jaime and I thought the show was going to have some intense and complex negotiations over trading the two of them, and of course Ned made the deal to confess. Absolutely did not see that one coming!

Same here. And to think I started watching after Season Three. My rock is very strong against spoilers.

Jess
04-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Oberyn. Because he very quickly became one of my favourite characters (show-wise - I didn't really care for him in the books.)

Closely followed by Ned & the Red Wedding. And Sansa's direwolf :(

Shorty
04-14-2015, 01:49 AM
The slaying of Drogon in the first episode of Season 5. He definitely could have have stuck around and caused more mayhem. They most certainly shouldn't have deviated from the books in this regard. Khaleesi tearing up at the end had me tearing up... :cry:

Did you seriously just spoil that? The episode hasn't even been out for twenty-four hours, man! Some of us haven't had a chance to see it yet!

Ned Stark. Father figures, etc.

Bubba
04-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Did you seriously just spoil that? The episode hasn't even been out for twenty-four hours, man! Some of us haven't had a chance to see it yet!

The entirety of my post was made up :D

Shorty
04-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Okay well I was ready to strangle you pal and I'm still super suspish I even reported you out of rage :argh:

Robb's death was kindof hard, too, because he was the hope for the North and I loved him. Also, Lord Commander Mormont, RIP in peace :(

Jinx
04-14-2015, 02:25 AM
Maester Luwin was pretty rough on me.

Night Fury
04-14-2015, 06:09 AM
Spoiler from the leaked episodes!

Pheesh and I were both mega shocked at the death of Greyworm and Ser Barristan! WHAT WILL KHALEESI DO NOW?!

Also, yeah... Oberyn!

Ayen
04-14-2015, 06:12 AM
I can confirm Drogon doesn't die.

Night Fury
04-14-2015, 06:25 AM
I think the Hound's 'death' got to me a little. I don't believe he's dead because by God can those two brothers carry on through shit - but the scene itself where Arya didn't kill him, but left him to die was very emotional.

Psychotic
04-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Spoiler from the leaked episodes!

Pheesh and I were both mega shocked at the death of Greyworm and Ser Barristan! WHAT WILL KHALEESI DO NOW?!

Also, yeah... Oberyn!Are you sure they're dead? I got the impression they were both wounded. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Ser Barristan was dead because of that little chat about Rhaegar he had with Dany beforehand. But I bloody hope not!

Night Fury
04-14-2015, 07:26 AM
You're right, they may not be! But it did feel quite 'final' for Ser Barristan - It'll be interesting to see how Dany copes without him that's for sure. Grey Worm could possibly live because I can see a relationship blossoming with him and Missandei(?) BUT then again, it's GRRM.

Ayen
04-14-2015, 07:34 AM
I ain't believing jack trout until there's a body.

Loony BoB
04-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Ned, Grey Wind, Grenn, Pyp, Oberyn.

Shauna
04-14-2015, 03:54 PM
RIP Lady :(

Iceglow
04-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Ser Barristan Selmy getting taken out that easily was bloody disgraceful. In the books, even at his age Barristan Selmy would have whipped the entire fucking lot of them without so much as a bloody scratch! That being said, I'm not willing to write off him just yet. Grey Worm is strong but he's taken a good battering this time, at least 5 wounds I counted which means he'll likely wind up dead before too long without the intervention of a Priest of Rh'llor, which considering the mass divergences from the books, I can't rule out either. Exciting times!

I'd say the Red Wedding. It was actually more brutal in the show than the books. That's genuinely saying something.

Del Murder
04-15-2015, 10:00 PM
RIP Lady :(
I know that's my wife's pick.

For me it is Oberyn. He was a charismatic new character whom I didn't want to die, but good characters will die in this show. What got to me was the gruesomeness of it. They didn't have to show all that.

Ayen
04-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Ser Barristan Selmy getting taken out that easily was bloody disgraceful. In the books, even at his age Barristan Selmy would have whipped the entire smurfing lot of them without so much as a bloody scratch! That being said, I'm not willing to write off him just yet. Grey Worm is strong but he's taken a good battering this time, at least 5 wounds I counted which means he'll likely wind up dead before too long without the intervention of a Priest of Rh'llor, which considering the mass divergences from the books, I can't rule out either. Exciting times!

I'm with you, man. They screwed my boy. The bastards.

chionos
04-16-2015, 04:49 AM
Mormont. I'm a reader so most of the big deaths weren't exactly surprising, but man that scene with Mormont...I thought that by some force of his badassness he would break the script and kick everyone's ass. Argh. Still pisses me off.

CimminyCricket
04-16-2015, 05:34 AM
It was Ros. Damn she was too hot to die.