PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite character?

Jinx
04-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Sansa for me. I hated her in the first season, but she's really come into her own as the series goes on. She's actually become a player in her own right. I also think she's undergone the most change.

Plus I totally ship her and Baelish.

Psychotic
04-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Kind of goes without saying :shobon: a shame that the Tyrion, Bronn and Pod dream team split up.

Ayen
04-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Guess.

Jinx
04-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Guess.

Joffrey

Ayen
04-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Guess.

Joffrey

He was such a misunderstood boy.

fire_of_avalon
04-12-2015, 01:14 AM
Of course I am a big fan of all the underdogs, Arya and Tyrion and so forth and so on, but I really love The Hound and Jorah Mormont. They're both people who have done some really bad things and they've been motivated by lust, personal gain and self-preservation but underneath they have this streak of something shiny and good. Something that makes them not kill little girls when convenient and easy. I like scary men who do not kill little girls.

Shorty
04-12-2015, 03:03 AM
Jaime and The Hound. Also a big fan of Tyrion, of course!

Jinx
04-12-2015, 03:25 AM
Ooh, Jaime! I didn't even think about him. He's a good one too.

Night Fury
04-12-2015, 04:39 AM
I actually really kind of root for Cersei. Like she's a total massive bitch but I can see her motivations for it and she's just flawless.

There are a lot of characters I love in the show, I don't really have a favourite. Besides, it changes anyway because they get killed off or go mental at the drop of a hat.

Shorty
04-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Show Cersei blows Book Cersei out of the water because Lena Headey is a fucking queen among women.

Night Fury
04-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Yeah my love is definitely something to do with the fierceness that is Lena Headey and her ability to drink wine like a pro.

She is an actual Lioness.

Shorty
04-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Fierce is totally the best way to describe Lena Headey. Every female role ever she is a fierce and powerful female figure. Which is why she is perfect as Cersei.

Ayen
04-12-2015, 05:56 AM
-covers Arya's ears- I would bend the knee without a moment's hesitation.

Mirage
04-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Arya and Tyrion.

I thought Lena Headey was pretty intense in 300 too! That's also the only other place I've seen her...

Ayen
04-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Real Answer: Arya, Dany, Tyrion, Tywin.

And Sandor. And Baelish. And Varys. And Cersei. And Jaime.

Smurf it, add all of King's Landing in there.

Mirage
04-12-2015, 06:12 AM
I laughed when Tywin died. It was a glorious moment I had hoped for for a long time.

Psychotic
04-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Show Cersei blows Book Cersei out of the water because Lena Headey is a fucking queen among women.No way I love book Cersei! I really enjoyed when they switched to her as a POV in Feast for Crows because I just loved seeing how she thinks.

Shauna
04-12-2015, 09:50 AM
I look forward to a Cersei chapter. She's terrible at what she does, but she does it with such conviction, that I can't help but root for her just a bit.

theundeadhero
04-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Yeah, book Cersei is amazing. It's always a pleasure to read her and Arya chapters.

Loony BoB
04-16-2015, 01:09 PM
So many characters. I've probably missed half of them.

Love: Ned, Varys, Bronn, Davos
Really like: Jon, Margaery, Tyrion, Sansa, The Hound, Olenna, Grenn, Eddison
Like: Mance, Selmy, Arya, Stannis, Oberyn, Jaqen, Grey Worm, Gendry, Robb, Brienne, Aemon, Shireen, Pod, Hodor, Jeor, Ros, Syrio, Tormund, Beric, Osha, Yara, Pyp, Hot Pie, Benjen
Meh: Dany, Myrcella, Daario, Roose, Robert, Jorah, Missandei, Gilly, Mace
Excellent villainy: Cersei, The Mountain, Joffrey, Ramsay, Tywin, Alliser (not quite a villain, but similar), Pycelle
Ugh: Tommen, Lancel, Renly, Loras, Rickon, Catelyn, Viserys, Shae, Walder, Janos, Olyvar, Talisa, Lysa, Robin, Balon, Selyse, Hizdahr, Styr, Orell

Varies: Baelish (meh/excellent villainy), Jaime (like/meh), Drogo (like/meh), Ygritte (like/meh), Melisandre (excellent villainy/ugh), Theon (meh/ugh/excellent villainy/like/oh god what next), Bran (like/meh/ugh), Samwell (like/meh)

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 06:26 AM
I like Dany from the first time I saw her in S1E1.
She has always been my favorite.
Sanza is another favorite of mine.

Shiny
05-04-2015, 06:41 PM
In terms of characters and the portrayal of them by the actors, Cersei. She is the only character that has evoked both feelings of hatred and adoration for me. I don't know why but I find myself actually being totally pro-Cersei this season and feeling sorry for her. Maybe because of the whole "shut up you're a woman you know nothing" thing that's been happening.

escobert
05-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Again I'm not all caught up and in the beginning of season 3. My favorites are Jon and Sam, Arya, Tyrion and Bronn and The former Kings guard who just joined Danni in the last episode I watched. I wasn't expecting him to be back but he seems like an honorable old man so I'm sure he'll die soon.

Shiny
05-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I like Jon too. I like Arya for her resilience.

Forsaken Lover
05-18-2015, 01:01 PM
I only read the books.

Brienne
Tyrion
Arya
Sandor
House Targaryen. I'd say Dany but her character does not save her parts of teh books being the most boring parts of the books. I mean, holy shit. So I kinda just say i like Targaryens in general and Dany goes in there thanks to her bloodline and teh occasional bit of exposition about her bloodline that occurs in her chapters.

But Brienne is the best overall. She is a true knight.

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2015, 01:19 PM
The person I enjoy watching/reading the most is Arya, but not because of her character so much as the situations she gets placed in. Not to say her character isnt great but not as layered and insteresting as Tyrion or book Jaime.

Edit: But thinking about it now, to be fair she's only a child and if she were an adult who told us the backstory of that time she watched her fathers head get cut off and met up an assasin genie then she'd have more layers than anyone.

Also it's always nice to see Hodor on screen.

Del Murder
05-19-2015, 12:33 AM
The Queen of Thorns!

CimminyCricket
05-19-2015, 01:44 AM
I like Jaime and a lot of that has to do with his character going from total asshole to kind of over his sister's crap.

Shiny
05-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Show Cersei blows Book Cersei out of the water because Lena Headey is a fucking queen among women.

I like to watch her painfully awkward interviews. What a closet nerd.

Mr. Carnelian
05-31-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm torn between Brienne and Granny Tyrell (a.k.a. 'The Queen of Thorns').
Brienne is a very admirable character, but Granny Tyrell has ALL the sass.

Mr. Carnelian
05-31-2015, 02:01 PM
In terms of characters and the portrayal of them by the actors, Cersei. She is the only character that has evoked both feelings of hatred and adoration for me. I don't know why but I find myself actually being totally pro-Cersei this season and feeling sorry for her.

I used to feel like that, too.

Then, I realised that although the terrible things that have happened to her and the misogynistic nature of her society may explain why she does what she does, they do not excuse it.

So, now I tend to find myself agreeing with Margery where Cersei is concerned.

Shiny
05-31-2015, 09:56 PM
Yeah I think that's part of the reason why I felt sorry for her because certain men on the show trout on her because she's a woman. If she weren't so bat trout crazy and petty should would have made a good leader. Definitely smarter than both of her sons. And Margarey can smurf off. I hate her social climbing ass. Her grandmother is the an hero.

Night Fury
06-01-2015, 01:03 AM
I don't think Cersei is really 'hateful' she just wants to protect her children. Her scene in last weeks episode where she was talking to Tommen said it all. She wants to protect her children and family and will do it any cost. She's really, really clever and she needs to be in a world that is full of shit, quite frankly.

Shiny
06-01-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't think Cersei is really 'hateful' she just wants to protect her children.

I don't think she's hateful either, but I think she did what she did to Margarey mostly out of jealously that she gets to be Queen, a position she wants and that she because Margarey humiliated her, or tried to anyway. She was very mama bear to Joffrey though but it doesn't seem like she's as much like that with the other son for whatever reason.