PDA

View Full Version : Tomb raider timeline

Masamunemaster
04-12-2015, 05:41 AM
I recently started playing the 2014 tomb raider, and I'm loving it more than any other one. My question is: how does the timeline work with these games?

Shauna
04-12-2015, 09:32 AM
2014 is a prequel. The rest of them run chronologically.

Ayen
04-12-2015, 09:38 AM
A prequel? I thought it was a reboot?

Shauna
04-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Prequel reboot it's all the same. Until there is a point that makes the timelines incompatible I will see them all as linked.

Masamunemaster
04-12-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm glad they make her look a bit more realistic, instead of just a big pair of chesticles running through a tomb.

Fox
04-12-2015, 05:44 PM
My favourite Tomb Raider games are still the early Crystal Dynamics ones (with Keeley Hawes as Lara). Legend and Underworld were very engaging in terms of story, and Anniversary was a superb remake of the original game.

I see 2014 as a complete reboot, not tied into the rest of them at all. There were no hints to any of the Legend/Underworld/Anniversary story in there, so for me it's a different time line. Very much like Star Trek 2009.

Masamunemaster
04-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Is it possible to get all weapon upgrades in one playthrough?

Shauna
04-13-2015, 05:52 PM
I see 2014 as a complete reboot, not tied into the rest of them at all. There were no hints to any of the Legend/Underworld/Anniversary story in there, so for me it's a different time line. Very much like Star Trek 2009.

I suppose. But then, the original TRs are not tied to Legend/Underworld, so eh. xD

Vyk
04-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Yeah two reboots from the same company in a very short span of time initially turned me off from the latest iteration. Especially considering I too adore Legend and Underworld. I saw no reason to fox what want broken. And to sink so much unnecessary finances into high fidelity graphics that were just as needless. Having watched my girlfriend play through it I kinda like it for what it is but my issues stand. I would have much preferred another in the Legend series. They are unrelated but I could easily see them connecting without much trouble. But then chronicles would take place in a similar time