PDA

View Full Version : Garland is a wimp!

Ayen
04-14-2015, 07:24 AM
Seriously, all this time I thought the song was just exaggerating when it said "Fought imps tougher than you!" but I really have fought imps tougher than Garland. I know, I know, he's the opening boss and shouldn't be that tough to begin with, but c'mon. Even Mad Pony managed to kill me trying to get to him. Mad Pony! The actual monsters in the dungeon he's in are tougher.

Talk about Wimp Garland here.

FFNut
06-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Don't know how deep into the game you are, but there is another boss just as wimpy as him who you expect to be a total beast. Don't want to spoil anything though.

Ayen
06-09-2015, 10:51 AM
I didn't get very far on account of the cartridge battery taking a trout and dying.

FFNut
06-09-2015, 10:55 AM
I suggest using an emulator then, it's one of the must play games to play! I still have my original copy with the maps in its box.

Ayen
06-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Already tried an emulator and it still wouldn't save my game. I have the Origin version if I want to play it again, which I got pretty far in a long time ago.

FFNut
06-09-2015, 11:19 AM
I may be a little bias to the title as it is what launched me into the world of RPG's due to a employee at the video store giving me this game instead of the one I rented, but It is a great title.

Bubba
06-09-2015, 11:25 AM
He is pretty wimpy at the start but yeah... he doesn't stay that way. Still shouldn't pose too much trouble if you've grinded enough.

MissH is playing through this at the minute. She prefers it to FFVIII so far!

Sephex
06-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Yes, Garland may be the one who gets knocked down, but eventually he is the danger. He is the one who knocks you all down!

The Ceej
08-09-2015, 10:51 PM
That is kind of what to expect from that game. Grind through a bunch of tough enemies in every dungeon only to face a wimpy boss you could take out by breathing too hard in his general vicinity. How they got to be bosses is anybody's guess.

Mirage
08-10-2015, 12:32 AM
I may be a little bias to the title as it is what launched me into the world of RPG's due to a employee at the video store giving me this game instead of the one I rented, but It is a great title.

what did you intend to rent?

theundeadhero
08-10-2015, 12:43 AM
Grind through a bunch of tough enemies in every dungeon only to face a wimpy boss you could take out by breathing too hard in his general vicinity.No way. The wizards guarding the crown are pretty tough physical fighters, and if you happen to get into a fight with six of them instead of two you're done for. Astos can 1-shot a character. Lich can Nuke your party to death if she feels like it. The Eye is another 1-shot character boss. If you happen to cross four zombie dragons when leaving the Castle of Ordeals you may have a bad day. Tiamat can physically punish a character if you have bad RNG. Then there's Chaos, who can full heal every other turn if he feels like it, since he has Cure4. It's especially sucky if he also uses Quake every other turn. That's half the bosses in the game.

Colonel Angus
08-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Already tried an emulator and it still wouldn't save my game. I have the Origin version if I want to play it again, which I got pretty far in a long time ago.
Are you using save states? Those are easily corrupted. If you're using the in game save, you probably shouldn't have that problem, unless it's a bad rom.

VeloZer0
08-10-2015, 05:48 AM
Though there are some bosses in FF1 that are tough on their own right I would say that the boss to random encounter strength ratio is quite a bit lower that in more modern instalments. Which also has to do with random encounters being relegated to non-threatening fodder and the ability to restore HP/MP before boss fights.

Garland
04-01-2021, 04:30 PM
I am a wimp. It's true. It's been ages. Glad Eyesonff is still doing well.

Del Murder
04-01-2021, 08:57 PM
You aren't a wimp, you just haven't sent yourself back in time yet to accumulate your power.

Wolf Kanno
04-02-2021, 05:16 AM
I mean to be fair, even Chaos is kind of wimp as well. Unless we're talking about Feral Chaos from Dissidia 012, fuck that guy.

Del Murder
04-02-2021, 05:41 AM
Well what can we expect? He's not holding an ORB

Christmas
03-10-2022, 07:06 AM
I am a wimp. It's true. It's been ages. Glad Eyesonff is still doing well.

Are you back to knock us all down? :(