PDA

View Full Version : No motivation

Del Murder
04-14-2015, 05:32 PM
So I bought Type-0 at launch and I popped it in the ol' PS4. After a confusing but interesting opening sequence I found myself in the 'real' game. I played a few missions here and there and I'm probably about 5-6 hours into it (Chapter 3). It seems fun and I have a good time while playing it but for some reason I have no motivation to go back to it.

Yeah the characters are bland and the story is confusing, but the battles are fun and there's a lot of side activities, so I can't put my finger on why this game just does not interest me like I thought it would. I thought that this was just me but I talked to a friend with the game and he had the exact same reaction as I did. What's the deal? Anyone else here feel this way?

Psychotic
04-14-2015, 06:04 PM
You've outgrown Final Fantasy. Now you're going to have to wait until the your kids are 10 or so to enjoy it again. Who knows, maybe we'll have FFXV by then.

Bubba
04-14-2015, 07:01 PM
I do have a similar feeling towards it. It's a strange one as when I boot it up and get into a few fights I really do enjoy it. So much that I can spend a good few hours on it. I just don't have the 'can't wait to get home and play this game!' feeling.

I've actually enjoyed the sessions when I played it on Vita much more than my PS4 sessions.

Del Murder
04-14-2015, 07:30 PM
I'll try it streamed on Vita. Makes sense since it is originally a portable game. Thanks for the suggestion.

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Here are a few reasons as to why you might be feeling that way:

1) It's not FFXV :p

2) The motion blur

3) The boring sortie missions where you control a party member on the world map

4) The upgrade systems are pretty archaeic. Press X. New ability unlocked! Press X. New ability unlocked! Repeat for the other 13 party members.

5) Yeah, that story.

Aulayna
04-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Honestly I played it because the combat is fun. I still pay it now because the combat is fun.

I enjoyed it a lot more once I accepted the fact that it wasn't a character driven game. I guess I went into it with lower expectations, I wasn't expecting massive character development nor the most mindblowing story as it was originally a handheld title and very few handheld titles have ever really provided me with an experience on that level.

I just took it as more of an episodic story, with certain events linking each chapter together. The story is certainly flawed, considering it took me 3 playthroughs to unlock enough of the Rubicus to finally figure out what the fuck was going on.

But eh, I just go back to it from time to time, replay missions I enjoyed. I like that I can do that. Sometimes I want to go back to FFVII and just do like... the end of disc one again, but don't want to have play through 20 hours of game to get there.

I definitely get the not wanting to go back too it. I had that during my 2nd playthrough (as my copy got delivered early so it was my weekend, so my first playthrough was pretty much a binge). There was nothing really calling me back to it until I got really bored one day and just booted it up again. It definitely doesn't have that "hook"

Del Murder
04-14-2015, 11:52 PM
I enjoyed it a lot more once I accepted the fact that it wasn't a character driven game. I guess I went into it with lower expectations, I wasn't expecting massive character development nor the most mindblowing story as it was originally a handheld title and very few handheld titles have ever really provided me with an experience on that level.

I just got done playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 which is also a handheld title but has all that stuff. I think I was ruined by that experience.

Ayen
04-15-2015, 12:01 AM
Sounds like me whenever I try to get into a new TV series that isn't Game of Thrones. I'll watch a couple of episodes, enjoy it okay, and then never feel like going back to it.

DMKA
04-15-2015, 01:25 AM
I kind of felt like that until I got pretty far into the game. Then I ended up getting the platinum trophy.

It's understandable though. It's really not your typical FF game and it's characters are talked about so little and so inconsequential to the overall story that it's difficult to care about them.

It is worth completing though, I will say that, if for nothing else than to see how insane things get before it's over. :p