PDA

View Full Version : Spicy cheese

Pumpkin
04-14-2015, 07:37 PM
So I got a brick of spicy cheese because YAY SPICY CHEESE

But now I don't know what to use it for. I want a spicy cheese snack. What are some good spicy cheese snacks?

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 07:49 PM
It goes great with crackers, maybe that's a bit generic for you though?

OH GOOOODD NOW I WANT SPICY CHEESE BECAUSE YAAAAY SPICY CHEESE!

Pumpkin
04-14-2015, 07:50 PM
I was thinking of that, actually. But I figured if I make a thread I can get a bunch of answers for more spicy cheese snacks of spicy cheesiness

It's an adventure

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Hmm.

I've not tried this but maybe you could melt the spicy cheese with bacon or something and make a toastie?

Pumpkin
04-14-2015, 07:55 PM
That sounds delicious actually

Shauna
04-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Crackers really are the only real answer.

CimminyCricket
04-14-2015, 08:08 PM
This made me laugh for one reason: my wife tried to order pepper jack cheese at an establishment that didn't have it. When they told her that they didn't have it, she followed up with "Oh. Okay, but do you have spicy cheese?"

I like spicy cheese.

fat_moogle
04-14-2015, 08:27 PM
That sounds delicious actually
It does! I'm impressed that I came up with such a plausible suggestion :p I'll have to try it out myself some time.

Crackers really are the only real answer.
I don't have cheese and crackers often enough.

Shauna
04-14-2015, 08:53 PM
I have it at Christmas erry year, it's tradition.

I need to do it more often, though. My favourite is a wee digestive with some garlic & herb cream cheese.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Hmm.

I've not tried this but maybe you could melt the spicy cheese with bacon or something and make a toastie?

I was actually about to suggest that you make your cracker snacks, but use the spicy cheese instead of the regular stuff.

Pumpkin
04-14-2015, 10:22 PM
We don't have tomatoes for cracker snacks

Shauna
04-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Cracker snacks. Without the tomatoes.

Pumpkin
04-14-2015, 10:28 PM
BUT THEN IT'S NOT CRACKER SNACKS

Shauna
04-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Is it a snack? Yes.
Does it have crackers in it? Yes.

noxious.sunshine
04-14-2015, 11:00 PM
What type of cheese is it exactly? Is it a type of jack cheese?

Sprinkle it on a baked potato or make mashed potatoes with it.

My other thought was to make buffalo chicken dip with it: Get some pre-cooked chicken (for the love of god do not buy canned. Buy the Tyson brand precooked stuff if you can find it. The Southwestern flavor works very well), an 8 oz block (or even 2 blocks) of cream cheese, frank's hot sauce (it must be Frank's brand), and a small bottle of ranch dressing...

Let the cream cheese come to room temp and spread it out in the bottom of a pan.

In a skillet, melt some butter and add the chicken and the hot sauce (to taste). You're gonna warm up the chicken.. Shred it with two forks while you warm it up and get it all mixed together. Alternatively, you can try and pre-shred the chicken before you add it to the skillet and save some trouble.

Drizzle a bit of ranch over the cream cheese, and layer on the chicken. Drizzle on a bit more ranch and then some more of the hot sauce.

Sprinkle on the spicy cheese and bake until it's melted and the cheese is slightly browned.

Use tortilla chips for dipping!

I'm sure you could also do a basic cheese deep with it too... Just make a roux, whisk in some milk, then add the cheese and whisk that together over low heat. If you want it more Mexican style, add a bit of cumin and maybe onion & garlic powder!

EDIT: Obviously you'll need to grate the cheese for either of these options.

EDIT 2: Also you can easily do grilled cheese with it or quesadillas of some sort.

Shorty
04-15-2015, 01:08 AM
god in heaven I love spicy cheese. Bring on the jalapeno cheese!

I pair it with a cracker or some french bread and the babybel queso fresco spreadable cheese with a slice of whatever my spicy cheese is on top of that. Two different spices work so well together! Soooo good. Add raisins, nuts (sunflower and pine), and turkey rolls for extra awesome!

Colonel Angus
04-15-2015, 01:37 AM
I love hotcheese, but I cannae do it anymore because it bothers me too much. :/

Chibi Youkai
04-15-2015, 02:15 AM
Boar's Head has this chipotle gouda that goes great on a turkey sandwich. I imagine that any sort of spicy cheese would make a great grilled cheese sandwich as well. Throw some tomato in there, and you're golden.

Shauna
04-17-2015, 01:14 PM
I've had spicy cheese in my cheese'n'cold meat rolls the past few days.

It is pretty spicy.

Vyk
04-17-2015, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I'd make a homemade lunchables with it or something. But outside of snacks we use it in our home for lots of cooking things. Potato soup, scrambled eggs, etc. I much prefer pepper jack and jalapeno cheese over american or swiss cheese so it goes into most things we'd use normal cheese for

I've always been a fan of hacking ramen with cheese and meats. And spicy cheese goes great with ramen, and even better with spicy ramen. (picante or chili)

You could also shred it onto garlic bread or tacos for some kick

But for me, lunchable is the only real "snack" I'd think to use it on. If anyone comes up with anything easier/better, I may make use of it in the future though