PDA

View Full Version : Batman v Superman Trailer

CimminyCricket
04-17-2015, 05:12 AM
I found this on the facebook (thanks Rhody).
https://vid.me/NlzG?fb_ref=Default

What do you guys think?

Do you bleed?
​You will.

Ayen
04-17-2015, 05:18 AM
Okay, I'm officially hyped.

CimminyCricket
04-17-2015, 05:20 AM
4srs.

This movie looks like it's going to be bad ass.

Del Murder
04-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Was looking good until Ben showed up. He looks out of place, his costume is weird, and his Batman voice is forced. I like the theme of 'is Superman a god?' which is always an interesting theme when it comes to Superman and the world.

Colonel Angus
04-17-2015, 05:59 PM
That looks fun. I like the whole theme of it as well.

Afflack might be ok.

Freya
04-17-2015, 06:01 PM
I honestly didn't notice this came out. I was distracted with Star Wars hype

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-18-2015, 12:36 AM
IwfUnkBfdZ4

This trailer is awesome!

CimminyCricket
04-18-2015, 12:39 AM
Batman looks effing ​jacked.

Sephex
04-18-2015, 01:02 AM
Batman looks effing ​jacked.

He's wicked jacked!

Fox
04-18-2015, 01:19 AM
One day, Batman will have a human voice again.

I will look forward to that day.

Superman looked cool but I don't think he's even solved the first maze yet so it could be a long movie

Ayen
04-18-2015, 01:20 AM
I like the new Batman voice.

CimminyCricket
04-18-2015, 02:20 AM
Ben jackleck.

Ben afjacked?

Freya
04-18-2015, 04:10 AM
Did you see riddlers question mark on the pole?!

Colonel Angus
04-18-2015, 04:31 AM
Did you see riddlers question mark on the pole?!
I'm not sure that one belongs to him.

Shauna
04-18-2015, 10:39 AM
I could barely see anything through the dark and the grit and the grim.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Do you guys think that was even Batman who said, "Tell me, do you bleed? You will," or do you think it was someone else who said that line? Because sometimes lines of dialogue in trailers are just there because it's a trailer and they need to get everybody hyped up for the movie.

Ayen
04-26-2015, 07:55 AM
-shrugs- It should be. That was a cool line.

Colonel Angus
04-26-2015, 03:42 PM
It was Ultron. They got their audio mixed w/ Marvel's.

Mirage
04-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Well this looks interesting, actually. And I'm not even a superfanman.

Ayen
04-26-2015, 09:29 PM
It was Ultron. They got their audio mixed w/ Marvel's.

Or did they?

DC/Marvel crossover film confirmed!

Perducci
04-26-2015, 10:46 PM
For a Batman/Superman movie, I am incredibly underwhelmed. I'm sure the actual movie will have me frothing at the mouth but this trailer didn't really manage to excite me too much for some reason.

Ayen
04-26-2015, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't expect them to show much a full year before the movie is set to come out.

Richard
05-01-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm skeptical. But I'm going to reserve judgment until I see it.

krissy
05-02-2015, 03:01 PM
https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11182103_626817587469442_8242669192203639673_n.png?oh=085656bbe9b2f0a5ab7f6a1f0a2f0a52&oe=55DAE1BC

charliepanayi
07-11-2015, 09:16 PM
New trailer is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

Alas, the film is doomed because it's directed by Zack Snyder.

Ayen
07-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Maybe he'll be better in the actual movie, but so far I hate Lex Luthor in this. He's too much like he's portrayed in the older Superman movies, a joke in a wig.

Mirage
07-11-2015, 09:42 PM
such negativity

Del Murder
07-12-2015, 07:35 AM
Yeah Lex looks dumb. Other than that, this trailer was really good. Definitely made me more excited for this movie. Batfleck doesn't look to be too bad.

Shauna
07-13-2015, 10:19 PM
I am still supremely eh about this entire thing.

Pheesh
07-14-2015, 02:48 AM
I really dislike that new batman suit.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-14-2015, 03:49 AM
I'm okay with it. All of it.

Del Murder
12-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Anyone catch the latest trailer? It's...ok. The appearance of WW at the end was pretty cool.

I'm still not feeling Batfleck. Something is off about him, but some reviews are saying he steals the show. Also I much prefer the calm and overconfident Lex who sees the real danger of someone like Superman to the aloof and maniacal Lex who just wants to kill Superman, which appears to be the one we're getting. I guess that other part of Lex's personality is too much in common with the role Batman has in this film (at least for the first half of the movie until they patch things up to stop Lex).

Ayen
12-03-2015, 09:01 PM
I just don't think either actor they got to play Batman and Lex are right for the role. And please don't tell me the latter is good at 'playing a dick'. Lex is more than a dick. He's a charismatic, intelligent, intimidating businessman on par with Superman and I see none of those traits in the actor they got to play him. Sorry. I like the actor, just not in this casting.

So far the only decent live action portrayal of Lex we've gotten has been Michael Rosenbaum.

Freya
12-03-2015, 09:30 PM
I think they're going for Eccentric billionaire as his cover for being a super villain. Kinda how Bruce acts like a dumb playboy as his alter ego.

I don't like how they showed a lot of things though like th ebad guy and wonder womans entrance. Tired of trailers giving everything away.

Del Murder
12-03-2015, 10:30 PM
I think they're going for Eccentric billionaire as his cover for being a super villain. Kinda how Bruce acts like a dumb playboy as his alter ego.

I don't like how they showed a lot of things though like th ebad guy and wonder womans entrance. Tired of trailers giving everything away.
Well, the WW cameo has been highly publicized but yeah imagine if this were 15 years ago and you saw her just appear in the Batman/Superman movie with no warning. It would blow your mind.

It sure doesn't appear to me that Lex is playing up the eccentricity for show but I will be pleasantly surprised if that was the case. Lex has been one of my favorite villains and I agree with Tori that Smallville had the best live action casting of him yet (though I really liked him in the Superman animated series).

Crop
12-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Terrible trailer. I honestly feel like I've seen the whole movie, no need for half the stuff they have shown, people were going to see this movie anyway.

I think they have the casting down for the three main heroes though, they looked great at the end. Lex looked and sounded terrible though.

Colonel Angus
12-04-2015, 01:38 AM
Age of Ultron Syndrome: Let's give them the whole movie before it comes out.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, as I'm a spoiler fanatic.

I thought the trailer was cool. I'm officially excited for this. 2016 has the potential of being the best movie year in quite some time. :eager:

Big D
12-04-2015, 02:26 AM
This new trailer looks vaguely more interesting than the last one, which seemed to be advertising "Gritfest starring Edge McDark" instead of an actual movie.

On the downside, there doesn't seem to be much left to look forward to, thanks to the heavy spoilerage others have already noted. Previously, it looked like "Bats vs Supes" was going to be the central conflict of the whole film - hence the title. Now we know that's probably not the case, so any surprise is automatically gone.

I still like the casting of Eisenberg as Luthor, though, because of how much it subverts fan expectations. So tired of people whining that he must be portrayed as old, bald, and buff, because he's always been that way. Since the day he was born, apparently. And because a human needs big muscles to be taken seriously as a Superman villain, because big muscles mean he could totally be a physical threat to the godlike alien.

Sephex
12-04-2015, 03:39 AM
I expected Lex to ask if the heroes wanted to know where he got those scars.

Ayen
12-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Age of Ultron Syndrome: Let's give them the whole movie before it comes out.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, as I'm a spoiler fanatic.

I thought the trailer was cool. I'm officially excited for this. 2016 has the potential of being the best movie year in quite some time. :eager:

To be fair isn't that most trailers these days? Star Wars is the most recent one to NOT give any spoilers away from what I can tell.

krissy
12-04-2015, 04:04 AM
is that doomsday
this looks dumb now

Ayen
12-04-2015, 04:19 AM
I wasn't going to watch this trailer because everyone been saying it's spoilery, but I saw Doomsday mentioned, so I had to check it out. Batfleck is starting to grow on me, but I hate Lex even more now. Wonder Woman at least looks cool. Refreshing to see a Superman villain that isn't just Zod or Luther (even though it technically is Zod), but... It just feels unnecessary. Batman against Superman would be enough to carry the whole movie. Doomsday is better saved for a latter title, or a Justice League film. They're just adding way too much trout into this one film and I worry it's going to have a negative impact on the pacing. The Marvel movies are already starting to suffer from that due to all the characters they keep jamming into them.

It just feels like they have no confidence in this movie, so they're adding as much stuff as possible to generate interest. Which makes no sense to me because as have been mentioned, people are going to see it anyway. It's Batman versus Superman. We've been waiting for them to meet on film for years. Just... ugh! Stop bringing out the Critic in me, guys, I'm off work.

Raistlin
12-04-2015, 05:35 AM
is that doomsday
this looks dumb now

As much as Doomsday could work as a Superman villain, at this point it really seems like they're just desperately throwing in everything possible into the movie just to get people to watch it.

Araciel
12-04-2015, 05:36 AM
I wish I didn't see the trailer. That being said, still looks like a fun movie. The over the top 'lol' lines always make me giggle, but I think Luthor is probably like... baby luthor, so maybe when he loses his hair (if he does), that'll change his eccentricity. I wonder if Supes will bite it in this movie... Then Justice League will have to go without him... Also I hope against hope that in the after-credits, Batman is sifting through Zodsday's bones to find some morsel of Kryptonite... y'know, just in case.

Ayen
12-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Like Kurt Angle when after he got the head shaved he became an uber badass.

I doubt they'll kill off Superman this early since they're gearing for a Justice League movie, and a Justice League with Superman is just... wrong. Then again, I didn't count on them pulling Doomsday out this early, so I guess anything is fair game at this point. Death of Superman arc in the third act, why not?

I'll roll my eyes if they do it.

charliepanayi
12-04-2015, 09:18 AM
As I always say with this, it's a Zack Snyder film so it's doomed anyway. I suspect Jesse Eisenberg knows what sort of daft film he's wound up in and is hamming it up accordingly.

Freya
12-04-2015, 04:14 PM
I wish I didn't see the trailer. That being said, still looks like a fun movie. The over the top 'lol' lines always make me giggle, but I think Luthor is probably like... baby luthor, so maybe when he loses his hair (if he does), that'll change his eccentricity. I wonder if Supes will bite it in this movie... Then Justice League will have to go without him... Also I hope against hope that in the after-credits, Batman is sifting through Zodsday's bones to find some morsel of Kryptonite... y'know, just in case.

There were some promo images with him bald so maybe it'll happen!

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/xoLbvrvPMu9ZiN49bbm_3DaJ3EQ=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3539128/lex-luthor.0.jpg

Ayen
12-04-2015, 07:19 PM
I remember seeing him bald with Superman. I just wasn't sure if they changed it, planned to shave it later, or if they're doing the wig thing like the older Superman movies did.

Doesn't look half bad there.

Del Murder
12-04-2015, 10:39 PM
His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that? The issue is that Lex is not just some maniacal sociopath like the Joker, he's a shrewd businessman who wants the same thing Superman wants: a better world. It just so happens he thinks that world should be one where he has a lot of control over it and there isn't some overpowered alien running around with his finger on the button. Maybe this Lex has these qualities, it was just a trailer after all. But all I saw there was 'Lex Joker'.

Ayen
12-04-2015, 11:11 PM
His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that? The issue is that Lex is not just some maniacal sociopath like the Joker, he's a shrewd businessman who wants the same thing Superman wants: a better world. It just so happens he thinks that world should be one where he has a lot of control over it and there isn't some overpowered alien running around with his finger on the button. Maybe this Lex has these qualities, it was just a trailer after all. But all I saw there was 'Lex Joker'.

I figured Big D was talking about people in general, but if he misunderstood my 'intimidating' comment, I meant personality and the way Lex carries himself. Not what his body type is. Eisenberg's single facial expression in that Entertainment Weekly picture feels more like Lex Luthor than the entire trailer, and if the Lex you describes turns out to be in the movie then Warner Brothers can't market him for trout.

Araciel
12-04-2015, 11:52 PM
I still assume Lex will go through some kind of arc that'll make him more serious. Could be wrong, time will tell.

Big D
12-05-2015, 08:15 AM
His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that?Not here, but elsewhere on the internet. Plenty of complaining about how the "REAL Luthor" simply must be identical to every previous iteration - bald, because he just is, and buff, because it makes him imposing and threatening. There can't be an origin story where he becomes those things, because he has to be that way *already* or he just isn't the same character.

By and large, it's the same kind of people who whined endlessly about Heath Ledger's Joker, before The Dark Knight came out. Apparently, this was the worst Joker of all time, because his hair was lank and unkempt, and his makeup was smeared and uneven. You know, a complete betrayal of the disciplined composure and everything else the character stands for.

Sephex
12-05-2015, 08:16 AM
of the murder

Ayen
12-05-2015, 06:14 PM
His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that?Not here, but elsewhere on the internet. Plenty of complaining about how the "REAL Luthor" simply must be identical to every previous iteration - bald, because he just is, and buff, because it makes him imposing and threatening. There can't be an origin story where he becomes those things, because he has to be that way *already* or he just isn't the same character.

By and large, it's the same kind of people who whined endlessly about Heath Ledger's Joker, before The Dark Knight came out. Apparently, this was the worst Joker of all time, because his hair was lank and unkempt, and his makeup was smeared and uneven. You know, a complete betrayal of the disciplined composure and everything else the character stands for.

The funny thing about that is, I'm 99% sure the Luther character had hair when he was first made and he became bald later. Like how the Superman character when he was first conceived was bald, but then they changed it before he made his debut in Action Comics 1. Only, Lex actually appeared in older comic books with a head full of hair.

Slothy
12-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Lex was never anything but a mad scientist until the 80's. And, frankly, he's had so many different portrayals and motivations that is a bit silly to criticize the one in this movie when we know basically nothing about what's driving him.

Ayen
12-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Lex was never anything but a mad scientist until the 80's. And, frankly, he's had so many different portrayals and motivations that is a bit silly to criticize the one in this movie when we know basically nothing about what's driving him.

B-But, that would make my earlier points about him not feeling like Lex invalid.

http://i.imgur.com/ZlnuOFt.gif

NorthernChaosGod
12-05-2015, 11:07 PM
They made Doomsday look dumb. And by transitive property have ruined my favorite Superman arc. >:[

YoshioKST
12-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Don't worry too much about it; Dooms may well kick off your favorite arc right here, and/or be reborn in future movies to bring about the story. He might change forms through the movie too.

Shaibana
12-09-2015, 05:45 PM
ive never been much of a batman fan, tho The Dark Knight made it more interesting to me.
i never liked those comic style movies.

and i have never been interested in superman either untill Man of Steel.
i love how they made superman more realistic (+ a hot actor)

the biggest disapointment is that Christian Bale is not batman.

but the trailers got me all hyped about this movie

(i dont kow much about the comics, so im not going to talk about that)