PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Final Fantasy IX on Steam?

Spooniest
04-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Simple question. I hear SE reads the fora from time to time so I thought I'd get an opinion here.

This poll closes in 30 days, so invite your friends to vote while they can, why don't you?

Me? I say, for gosh sakes bring it on! What the heck have they got to lose?

Vermachtnis
04-17-2015, 07:46 PM
I want Final Fantasy IX achievables!

Freya
04-17-2015, 07:51 PM
I want Final Fantasy IX achievables!
Yes! I do them already, I just want shiny "ACHIEVED" to pop up. It's a satisfaction thing.

fat_moogle
04-17-2015, 11:57 PM
Yes, but only if they slightly improve the graphics like they did with VII AND *port it to PS4*...like they're doing with VII.

* because I don't have a Steam account. Or a PC to have a Steam account on.

Pike
04-18-2015, 12:28 AM
Yes but only if it's a part of bringing all the FFs to Steam. Mostly because I like most of the other FFs more than I like FFIX :shobon:

Ayen
04-18-2015, 12:47 AM
I don't feel strongly either way since I already have the game.

Mirage
04-18-2015, 12:48 AM
I don't care. The game isn't going to look better, so I might as well just emulate it if I want to play it on PC. For consoles, I can play it on PS3.

Spooniest
04-18-2015, 03:12 AM
This sounds like a resounding win for the yes vote to me so far but I'm running the poll for 30 days so we'll see how many more people votes

Bolivar
04-19-2015, 03:18 AM
I voted for the third option. I'm never gonna play FF at my desk, so I would only need this if I get an NVidia Shield one day down the line for my portable needs.

Spooniest
05-07-2015, 01:24 PM
There are 10 days left in this poll. Let's show em we mean business dudes and dudettes.

I'm gonna go around trolling for ppl to vote on this, and I suggest you do the same.

I believe that SE reads these forums because when you're a zillionty-million dollar company, you take ever advantage there is.

So let's show them some serious will of the people and get this game put out on Steam! :D

DMKA
05-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Sure. The more platforms any game is released on, the more people can play it.

I just wish they'd do a little polish to the backgrounds if they were to ever do this. The backgrounds in both FFVII's and FFVIII's Steam releases are the same pre-rendered locked resolution made to be played on old CRT monitors that they were 16/18 years ago and they look abysmal on modern displays.

Mirage
05-08-2015, 12:17 AM
You can't really get a lot out of polishing bitmaps, though, unless you want to basically retouch everything by hand, which is an extremely time-consuming process.

The only realistic way to increase graphical detail would be to re-render the backgrounds from the 3D models they probably already have lost. A bit of a shame, though. If they had them, and managed to find a way to automatize the process, the actual rendering of those scenes would probably take very little time on modern hardware.

Even re-rendering all the backgrounds manually would probably take less time than retouching all the bitmaps by hand. I just doubt they find even that worthwhile.