View Full Version : Herbs

Night Fury
04-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Do you say herb or erb?

What are your favourite herbs?

I like rosemary.

Shauna
04-18-2015, 11:27 AM
It has an h at the start, say it. We're not French!

I am okay with all herbs. My Mum is allergic to rosemary, so I don't have too much exposure to that, but basil and thyme... all good.

Chris
04-18-2015, 01:09 PM
I love herbs. Favorites? I couldn't possibly choose. It depends on what I am cooking up in the kitchen.

Shorty
04-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Johnny's All-Purpose Season Salt. Goes on eeeeeverything and tastes so good. Garlic salt garlic powder, onion powder, mint, basil, lemon pepper, rosemary, cumin, chives. Lots of seasonings!

Colonel Angus
04-18-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm not big on rosemary. I do like oregano.

noxious.sunshine
04-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Erb.

I love cilantro. Very very much. So much so that if I'm making something that involves using it, I'm most likely going to be snacking on it as well.

Rosemary is another fave, along with basil and chives. I also like epazote on occasion. And bay leaves are a must in several of my dishes.

MissH
04-18-2015, 07:06 PM
H H HERB! It's not a silent h!

Basil is my favourite! Mmmm!!! Tomato,buffalo mozarella,parma ham and basil leaves sprinkled on top. Yes please.

Calliope
04-19-2015, 06:11 AM
We grow basil and rosemary, may try chives, cilantro and mint next.

Night Fury
04-19-2015, 06:28 AM
I used to love using tarragon but I've kind of gone off it now. It can be really overpowering sometimes!

Basil is my favourite! Mmmm!!! Tomato,buffalo mozarella,parma ham and basil leaves sprinkled on top. Yes please.

When in London, I had a really nice Panna Cotta which had strawberries, champagne and basil on the side. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Loony BoB
04-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Herb. People who make silent letters where no silent letters should be make me :stare:

I don't really have a favourite herb but whenever I eat something that says it has rosemary I like it, so that works.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Depends if I am speaking French or English. Seriously.

As for herbs, I love basil. IT IS AMAZING. The smell of fresh basil, especially a giant bushel of it. <3 Rosemary is good too though can be a bit OP if you are not careful. Summer Savoury for stuffing is the best!