PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Dead Fantasy?

SuperMillionaire
04-18-2015, 08:07 PM
What happened to Dead Fantasy? Is Monty Oum ever going to continue it?

Spuuky
04-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Given that Monty Oum is dead, it seems unlikely.

CimminyCricket
04-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Wait, wut? D:

Shauna
04-18-2015, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it happened not too long ago, actually. We had a thread (home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/161556-We-ve-lost-a-creative-genius) about it.

But yeah, I think that would put a spanner in the works. :{

CimminyCricket
04-18-2015, 08:30 PM
I remember seeing that thread, I just never read it. This is no bueno.

Vyk
04-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Yeah my threads tend to not catch many peoples interest. I don't have a knack for wording a title. But yeah. Monty was really weirdly prepared for his death as far as RWBY goes so that show is safe. All the other people know where he wanted that show to go. Much like Game of Thrones show writers are prepared for Martins passing. But Dead Fantasy was sadly a strictly personal side project of his. I would have loved to see how his ideas turned out. I remember a blog post he did long ago with the release of the last three episodes. He said we haven't seen anything yet. And the things he saw in his mind for the rest of that series made him shake and tear up with excitement. Then life got in the way.. It would have been great to see..

fat_moogle
04-19-2015, 10:52 PM
It's name is pretty ironic, given the circumstances.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-20-2015, 05:27 PM
How is it that the member known for keeping up with, and posting about, current events is the one who missed that knowledge nugget?

You're slipping Super Millionaire. I'm gonna have to start going somewhere else for my star gossip. :colbert:

SuperMillionaire
04-29-2015, 08:22 PM
I don't know why I missed it, but I just missed it.

I must say though, although I liked the crossover, I think a crossover with Soul Calibur would have made more sense.

Ayen
04-30-2015, 08:14 AM
Given that Monty Oum is dead, it seems unlikely.

That would put a damper on things.

I only watched a little bit of Dead Fantasy on YouTube, but never had any desire to watch more. I got into RWBY through a friend and loved it. Glad to see that's safe. I'm a fan of Red vs. Blue, too.

timemageelf
04-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Will there be a new season this year for RWBY? :(