PDA

View Full Version : Sugar cravings

Night Fury
04-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Do you ever get sugar shakes?

Over easter I over indulged and now my body is expecting to be fed chocolate everyday so I'm definitely getting a lot of sugar cravings, and if I don't eat anything sugary I will get shaky - not healthy at all really! :p

I usually have a piece of fruit if this happens, with a cup of coffee with one sugar in it. I just ate a banana today and I'm fine now. I actually cut out chocolate pretty well for a long time before easter came around. Considering when back in the UK I'd have a chocolate bar or two a day - I now might have like, a chocolate bar once a month which is just ABSURD when I write it down. HOW CAN I LIVE?! But yeah, Pheesh doesn't really eat chocolate at all and we never go down the chocolate aisle at the supermarket. When I do get chocolate it's usually that time of the month and it's whatever is on special.

But yeah man, gotta get this sugar habit kicked! D:

What do you eat when you have a sugar craving?

Mirage
04-20-2015, 11:17 AM
I rarely get sugar cravings. I'm more likely to get savory or salt cravings.

Night Fury
04-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Mmmm, I get savoury/carb cravings a lot too - usually I just sit and daydream over some kind of pasta dish! Pasta is godly comfort food!

Loony BoB
04-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I tend to swing towards savoury stuff as well. I still get sugary cravings on rare occasions, but they are rare indeed.

Of course, more often than anything, I just get the desire to eat when there are things nearby, and if they happen to be sugary, that doesn't often make a huge difference to me!

escobert
04-20-2015, 03:51 PM
I don't eat very much candy or sweets. although my girlfriend has been brigning candy home with her from work lately and I've been eating that.

Bubba
04-20-2015, 04:39 PM
My sugar cravings have definitely decreased as I've gotten older. I still do eat quite a bit though as MissH has a big sweet tooth so we definitely frequent the chocolate isle on our shops.

I'm trying to be good again after holiday so I'm trying to get my sugar from fresh fruit as opposed to chocolate. It's not easy though!

MissH
04-20-2015, 04:48 PM
The baby loves chocolate. He goes to town kicking when I eat something sweet. I'm just giving baby what he wants.

That's my excuse anyway.

Pike
04-20-2015, 06:42 PM
I have a huge sweet tooth but I also have to limit my sugar intake because of various intestinal issues. So I have to keep careful track of how much sugar I eat per day - including from "good" sources like fruits/vegetables. As an aside, limiting your sugar intake whilst having a sweet tooth is awful! :(

I buy a huge bag of tiny chocolate candies and allow myself one or two of those a day. I also often allow myself a small bowl of ice cream every day. That's really about it; those snacks plus the regular food I eat every day usually brings me right about to my upper sugar limit.

Shocks me the types of things that have sugar in them. Peas have a ton!