PDA

View Full Version : Would You Rather...?

Laddy
04-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Miss the first part of a film or the last part?

And why?

Depends on the show for me. For thing like Survivor/Amazing Race, you cannot and should not miss the last part but for some shows the beginning is the best part (Jeopardy!).

Night Fury
04-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Miss the first part. Yes there is exposition but you can usually catch up. What's the point of watching a movie if you don't see the end (unless it's absolutely shite and you walk out)

Loony BoB
04-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I'd rather miss the second half, because I can then see the second half later on if I want to.

EDIT: Before someone asks - under the hypothetical situation that it will never be possible to see the other half for whatever reason, I'd prefer to see the second half only.

Pumpkin
04-20-2015, 02:41 PM
First part, unless it's a really hard to follow story

Karifean
04-20-2015, 03:05 PM
If it is possible to catch up on what you missed, I'd certainly rather miss the last part.

If the story is very complex and/or uses a lot of setup and buildup, I'll also prefer to miss the last part.

Otherwise, I'll generally rather miss the first part.

Shorty
04-20-2015, 09:57 PM
If I miss any of it, it's totally blown. May as well miss the whole thing.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-20-2015, 10:43 PM
I'm with Shorty on this one; I have to see it all. I have to feel like I'm not missing any detail when I'm watching a movie or show.

CimminyCricket
04-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Depending on the movie I have probably read the plot on wikipedia or something to see if it's something I would care about. So, I could miss either part and be okay. I think I like seeing things progress visually after reading about it.

Cloudane
04-21-2015, 11:11 AM
First part. I HAVE to know how a story ends, or I'd go insane. And a lot of films get off to a slow and wandering start anyway.

Shiny
04-25-2015, 01:23 AM
If I miss any of it, it's totally blown. May as well miss the whole thing.

Same. I hate missing any part of a film. The only exception is Pulp Fiction because I can never see to watch it from beginning to end, it's always in pieces but it doesn't matter because the film itself is out of order.

Ayen
04-25-2015, 02:14 AM
First part. Especially in action films since all the best bits is in the big finale.

Richard
05-02-2015, 03:32 PM
I have to see the whole film. This is a problem I have in theaters. If I get up to go to the restroom, a snack..food or whatever, or if the film screws up...its sort of a disappointment. Its why I prefer for it to be released on dvd that way I can pause it.

Shiny
05-02-2015, 04:52 PM
For a second, I thought this thread was going to be the Would You Rather film.

blackmage_nuke
05-02-2015, 07:12 PM
If I skipped the first half I wont recognise the musical themes when they come back later.

If in this scenario I can never see the half of the film. I think i'd still pick the first half because after a while of speculation i can ask someone how it ends.

If in this scenario I will never know what was contained in the half I didnt see then I'd go with the second half

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 01:18 AM
I try not to miss the first part of a film and I never miss the end.
Neither.