PDA

View Full Version : Coasters, as in the ones you ride

Laddy
04-20-2015, 03:04 PM
I absolutely adore roller coasters.

I love riding them, researching them, and played Rollercoaster Tycoon for seven hours straight just designing them.

Roller coasters!

escobert
04-20-2015, 03:22 PM
they're fun! But, I always think I'm gonna die while waiting in line.

Shauna
04-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Never been too much of a fan, but Matt dragged me on to every rollercoaster in Disneyland Paris, and I didn't hate it! It was a little bit of alright, really. Definitely not first choice of attraction at a theme park, but I'll go on them.

Shiny
04-20-2015, 05:19 PM
King Da Ka. That is all.

Freya
04-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Only rollarcoasters i've been on was with Justy. AND THEY WERE AWESOME. I really enjoy them.

noxious.sunshine
04-20-2015, 09:12 PM
We went to Six Flags in Jersey last year and got to ride exactly 4 roller coasters before giving up and going home. The lines got hellaciously long very quickly

Kingda Ka was closed for whatever reason. :(

I wanna go this year but if we do, we're getting flash passes for sure.

Shorty
04-20-2015, 09:28 PM
I am very selective about the roller coasters I ride. 30-45 minutes after riding coasters must be devoted to violently puking in trash cans around the amusement park.

Sephex
04-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Not ruining tables is my jam!

EDIT: Uh...also Six Flags is my jam.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-20-2015, 09:46 PM
So I watched a video of Kingda Ka, and the speed is neat, but I'm more of a twisty, coiled pile of metal roller coaster person.

Fortunately there's plenty of those too.

noxious.sunshine
04-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Oh also King's Island ....

We used to go there every summer and it was awesome. The Beast is definitely a noteworthy coaster. And the Vortex and King Cobra (the standing up one).

I want to go again so bad. I haven't been there in many many years .... And they even have 1 weekend a month when the park is open until MIDNIGHT and you get a free pass to the water park with the purchase of regular tickets... Though I'm not sure if they're still doing that.

Shiny
04-21-2015, 12:19 AM
We went to Six Flags in Jersey last year and got to ride exactly 4 roller coasters before giving up and going home. The lines got hellaciously long very quickly

Kingda Ka was closed for whatever reason. :(

I wanna go this year but if we do, we're getting flash passes for sure.

It's always closed because it is a death trap and gets stuck on the top everyday. The only time it's open is in the beginning of the day, so ride it first if you dare.

I did flash pass last year and it was well worth it. We rode every single coaster, some twice. Well worth the money. We didn't get a chance to ride King Da Ka because once we got to it it was closed. It was open earlier in the day with technical issues. Awaiting the inevitable closing on that ride.

noxious.sunshine
04-21-2015, 12:55 AM
^ oooooo Thanks for the tip!

We got there like 30 minutes before opening, but yeah. It was literal hell by like noon as far as lines went..

After only getting to ride 4 coasters, like I said, we gave up and left- at 4 p.m. We'd also gone on a Saturday which is pretty much against my religion, but those were the only days off from school my bf had at the time. So. Yeah.

Pumpkin
04-21-2015, 04:36 AM
Terrified to death of them

Ayen
04-21-2015, 06:38 AM
Never been on one.

Never want to be on one.

BlackFire
05-03-2015, 09:13 PM
I LOVE roller coasters! :p
My home park is Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL.
I am the type of person who wants to go there more than once in a year.
I usually end up just riding the coasters (front seat or back) and high thrill rides.