PDA

View Full Version : BALDUR'S GATE!!!

Fynn
04-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Let's discuss what is undoubtedly one of the most important WRPGs in this thread.

I LOVE THIS GAME. Both parts. While II is undeniably superior, I feel it doesn't have as big an impact without beating BGI beforehand. I am now playing through the Enhanced Edition of BG1 and I am loving every minute of it (I seem to have gotten way better as well, for some reason :D). I can't wait to test out the new characters and I am really looking forward to the romances in BGII.

On that note, who did you romance? My last romance was Aerie and I am now at a loss as to whom I should romance. I like all the original options, but I kinda wanna go with one of the new ones. Neera looks cute enough, but she's another elf magic user (much like all the original female romance options), so I'm kinda interested in Dorn, the evil half-orc dude. Since I'm not playing a good party this time and deliberately try to play out of character for myself, this might be a good opportunity to romance someone I would not under normal circumstances.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-21-2015, 04:40 PM
I still have never played these games, but I have the first one sitting in my steam account!

Fynn
04-21-2015, 04:47 PM
I still have never played these games, but I have the first one sitting in my steam account!

For God's sake, Scott, what are you waiTING FOR!!!!!

Vyk
04-21-2015, 06:02 PM
I never beat the original, but played many many hours as a wee babe. And immediately jumped on the enhanced edition. And still haven't beaten it. I forced myself to try a few of the new characters, instead of going the old route with my favorite team. And while it was enjoyable at first, I really didn't get into the two characters I brought and found myself missing my old team. Tremendously. Its so boring, but I love Khalid, Jaheera, Minsc, etc. Neera and the monk guy I can't think of the name of weren't interesting enough to make up for them. So I may try it again and use a team I actually like, rather than forcing myself to experience added content that I'm obviously not that into. That's not the only good new editions. There's tons of other things outside of characters, and lots of fixes and cutting-room floor content added/re-added

I am with you though. Super enjoyable, and totally not disappointed I spent my money on them. And will probably rebuy the enhanced Icewind Dale and Planescape games if/when they all happen (Thinking they already did one of the Icewind Dale games though)

Laddy
04-26-2015, 07:05 AM
Baldur's Gate is quite possible my favorite game of all time. I play through it at least once, pretty much unmodded, once a year just to remind myself why I love it so. I've beaten the first one two or three times and it's pretty good but it feels more like an AD&D campaign than an epic quest. It sets up the truly epic factor for BG2 though.Seriously, this game hasn't aged as well as some other games from that year, but it comes highly recommended and you can get it for $10.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-27-2015, 03:25 PM
I have the Enhanced Edition of the first one and everytime I try to play I find it confusing and awkward. x-x;

fat_moogle
04-27-2015, 04:39 PM
I would quite like a Dark Alliance III on PS4. Those games were fun back on PS2 (I know you're probably talking about the PC games here but whatev).

Vyk
04-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Diablo 3 is probably as close as you're going to get. The company/companies behind Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath have been absorbed/disbanded. It was a great line of couch co-op fun while it lasted though

escobert
04-27-2015, 08:48 PM
I have't played BG or Icewind Dale for soo long. I saw my icewind Dale disk the other day.

Zelfina Ai'ada
05-13-2015, 11:14 AM
I absolutely love Baldur's Gate I and II; Icewind Dale I and II are great games as well. One of my favorite aspects of those games is the uncertainty. You never knew what kind of curveball was going to be thrown your way in a dungeon or area, and the loot in those games is amazing. Speaking of these games, I still really need to try Pillars of Eternity.