PDA

View Full Version : Spam mail

Chibi Youkai
04-23-2015, 08:44 PM
So, I was looking through my piles of spam mail to be shredded, and noticed that 95 percent of it comes from three companies- American airlines, United airlines, and Alaska air. Does anyone else have spam mail that runs in like-minded directions? For that matter, is spam mail even a worldwide thing, or a plague centered upon the United States?

noxious.sunshine
04-23-2015, 08:54 PM
My bf gets credit card offers.

Pretty lol considering his credit is shit.

I don't ever get mail period (unless I order something) 'cuz I can't seem to stay in one spot for longer than a year and have never bothered to update my address with the post office.

I'm not even sure which address is on file with them lulz.

Freya
04-23-2015, 09:48 PM
Capital one. I get an offer like every week. It's like, you're the reason trees are being murdered at an alarming rate. I don't want your stupid credit card. Stop sending it every freaking week.

Ayen
04-23-2015, 11:39 PM
I don't pay much attention to my spam folder. I look at it and move something to the inbox when it's something I recognize and delete the rest. Unlike my dad who clicks on the links found in them and wonder why his computer is infected.

escobert
04-23-2015, 11:59 PM
Besides the fliers for the grocery market we don't really get any un-wanted mail at our apartment.

Denmark
04-24-2015, 12:18 AM

you realize that's the exact reason he gets credit card offers right

we get junk mail. i try to give it to sam but she yells at me so i just throw it away.

Shiny
04-24-2015, 01:19 AM
I get credit card offers too and several Chase people try to get me to get a credit card in person, but I refuse and just keep my debit card. I realize my credit isn't as amazing as it could be but it's still good especially consideing I sm in student loan debt. I also get a ton of mail from Sprint telling me I should switch over from Verizon. Why does Sprint know my business?

noxious.sunshine
04-24-2015, 01:27 AM

we get junk mail. i try to give it to sam but she yells at me so i just throw it away.

XD

It's a no win situation. My dad had near perfect credit for ages (767 score) and got credit cards in the mail practically errday

Chibi Youkai
04-24-2015, 02:10 AM

XD

It's a no win situation. My dad had near perfect credit for ages (767 score) and got credit cards in the mail practically errday

It's a conspiracy. I bet the credit card companies have some sort of under the table deal with the paper and lumber companies. They're keeping each other in business. There's no other logical explanation. Either that or they're in bed with the usps/ postal companies to keep them in business, since no one else except the people that send out bills send regular letters anymore.

Kalevala
04-24-2015, 05:51 AM
It's a big hassle in Canada, as well. I've received an offer to switch to a TV/Home Phone/Internet package that I've had the entire time I've lived in this house about five times now.

Bubba
04-24-2015, 10:37 AM
YOU NEED TO CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY ABOUT YOUR PPI CLAIM.

I have never taken PPI on any product in my entire life.

Loony BoB
04-24-2015, 11:20 AM
Let's see...

Many of the "Uncertain" ones are for "ED" or just people saying "hello" in the title. I don't know what ED is and I haven't bothered to open any of the spam mails I got, so I don't know what they're about.

CimminyCricket
04-24-2015, 03:25 PM
I am ED. Please forward my mail to me. I want to tell you that not doing so will result in stiff penalties, but lately I've been a bit soft on those around me.

Loony BoB
04-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Oh, they're not addressed to ED. They are advertising ED Online or ED in general. You must be hot stuff.

CimminyCricket
04-24-2015, 03:30 PM
We're talking about erectile dysfunction right? Because the second half of my post was a joke about how I can't get it up anymore.

Loony BoB
04-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Ohhhh, that's what that stands for. *dumb*

CimminyCricket
04-24-2015, 03:33 PM
At least you know you aren't suffering from it!

​lucky

Jess
04-24-2015, 08:48 PM
When I used to live in a village, I got zero spam mail. Now I live in a city, I bin several peices a day! Takeaway menus & advertising leaflets, mostly.

Denmark
04-25-2015, 12:08 AM
of course loony boober has a spreadsheet (and associated pie chart) about this

it would be better if it were a junk mail (as in what you ukers call "post") spreadsheet (and associated pie chart)

Kalevala
04-25-2015, 05:43 AM
I actually guffawed when I saw the pie chart.

Richard
05-05-2015, 03:21 PM
I get spam mail all of the time and I just toss it in the trash. LOL!

BlackFire
05-05-2015, 07:17 PM
I get it from time to time. None of it from airline companies tho.
I just throw it away. Spam mail is everywhere.