PDA

View Full Version : What happened to them?

Shiny
04-24-2015, 03:44 AM
Do you ever wonder what happened to people, specifically certain EoFFers?

Wtf happened to Tempest and Meat Puppet? :(

Ayen
04-24-2015, 03:50 AM
Not really. Mainly because I already know the answer.

Denmark
04-24-2015, 04:18 AM
whatever happened to roostos

Psychotic
04-24-2015, 07:13 AM
whatever happened to roostoswhere is Fiend

Old Manus
04-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Levian
Cz
Neel
charliepanayi
scrumpleberry

More to come.

Loony BoB
04-24-2015, 10:19 AM
I can probably get a few of these names to post for you guys. Keep the names coming and maybe I'll do it this weekend or something.

I Took the Red Pill
04-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Resha
Psyde-Kick
oddler
kikimm
Rengori
Sergeant Hartman
Zeldy
Avarice-ness

Lonny BoB sumon u all

CimminyCricket
04-24-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one missing some of these people :C

Shorty
04-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Linus :nonono:
Halan ;-;

Chibi Youkai
04-24-2015, 05:50 PM
I can probably get a few of these names to post for you guys. Keep the names coming and maybe I'll do it this weekend or something.

Lol, you are good at tracking people down.

noxious.sunshine
04-24-2015, 06:09 PM
The people I wonder about most are people from chat....

Jake / demondude

I know he got banned, but still.

parker used to make up stories about how he died (at one point it was he got a horn up his ass from a bull. Then it was getting killed during a gambling match or something and the list goes on).

Unbreakable_Will but I have him on Facebook.

I'm sure there's other people, but most of the ones y'all miss are before my time, so idk them.

I occasionally facebook stalk people I knew at some point IRL though 'cuz I'm Nozy Rozy and I can't help it.

escobert
04-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Do you ever wonder what happened to people, specifically certain EoFFers?

Wtf happened to Tempest and Meat Puppet? :(

Meat Puppet is on a quest to own every game that has ever been on steam.

yes I often wonder what happeend to people I haven't seen on here. I've made and lost many many friends here over the years. Mainly back when I frequented chat a lot. Now i have a hard enough time keeping up with the people I see irl.

Shiny
04-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Resha
Psyde-Kick
oddler
kikimm
Rengori
Sergeant Hartman
Zeldy
Avarice-ness

Lonny BoB sumon u all
Oh yes, where is oddler and kikimm?

I'm friends with Rengori on Facebook. He's been being a badass and traveling. I'll see if he can post. Resha has been being Resha and I believe she finally graduated from Oxford University. I'll ask, she's also on my FB.

escobert
04-24-2015, 08:11 PM
Aww I wonder what Zeldy is up to. Also HOOTERS and Mik.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-25-2015, 01:13 PM
G_Sp0tz or something similar.

Loony BoB
04-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Tried to get in touch with a few of them. Will have to wait and see if any reply!

Meat Puppet
04-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

Sergeant Hartman
04-25-2015, 01:48 PM
Reporting in.

Shauna
04-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Welcome to EoFF! :3

Mirage
04-25-2015, 03:17 PM
be sure to read the faq and be a happy poster!

Madame Adequate
04-25-2015, 04:08 PM
iamagod

Shiny
04-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Reporting in.
I'm Old Gregg!

MissH
04-25-2015, 05:21 PM
AliveGirl

Sergeant Hartman
04-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Desperately trying to bring back old members to increase activity, are we?

Shauna
04-25-2015, 06:24 PM
It's the only way we know. :(

Madame Adequate
04-25-2015, 08:10 PM
We tried pics of members in skimpy outfits, but eugenebikini.jpg put paid to that.

Shoeberto
04-25-2015, 08:18 PM
The last that I heard of him was that he was making a career as a fairly popular e-sports commentator.

Mirage
04-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Primus.

Kalevala
04-25-2015, 09:25 PM
We tried pics of members in skimpy outfits, but eugenebikini.jpg put paid to that.

bootay.jpg

-N-
04-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Hi y'all :-)

I have many feelings swirling through my head, most not appropriate for this sort of thread.

On topic - I think a lot about other people, especially those I haven't seen in a long time and who were part of my life in some way. People at EoFF fit this criteria. But for some reason I never actually take the obvious step of reaching out and contacting them - I need to be prodded. Some day I will overcome that, until then I remain deficient in this essential human aspect.

Cheers!

Ayen
04-25-2015, 11:35 PM

Otherwise they have to deal with me monopolizing the top posters list.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-25-2015, 11:37 PM
I was on the top posters list once... About 8 days ago.

escobert
04-26-2015, 12:15 AM
Hi y'all :-)

I have many feelings swirling through my head, most not appropriate for this sort of thread.

On topic - I think a lot about other people, especially those I haven't seen in a long time and who were part of my life in some way. People at EoFF fit this criteria. But for some reason I never actually take the obvious step of reaching out and contacting them - I need to be prodded. Some day I will overcome that, until then I remain deficient in this essential human aspect.

Cheers!

:love:

Crop
04-26-2015, 12:57 AM
Mel and GooeyToast.

Linus
04-26-2015, 01:05 AM
In 2009, you all helped me win my first job out of college via voting! I saved up some money from that 1-year contract and made a YouTube channel for fun: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy

I was commentating competitive games of StarCraft II because I loved the game, had beta access, had radio experience, and video editing experience. I had a blast being my own boss and turned the channel into a profitable one. At my peak in 2011, I was getting ~600,000 views per month and hit 56,000 subscribers!

In 2011, my game knowledge and marketing degree landed me a job at IGN.com working on the "IGN Pro League," a professional StarCraft II tournament series. We eventually added other games like League of Legends and in August 2012, I sealed a huge deal with a new game called ShootMania that didn't end up becoming popular. However, it did earn me a trip to Paris which was awesome. I commentated two live tournaments in Las Vegas and San Francisco before IPL closed its doors in April 2013.

But all was not lost! Blizzard Entertainment, the studio that makes World of Warcraft, Diablo, and of course StarCraft, hired 25 or so IPL folks and I ended up as an Associate eSports Manager there. This month I celebrated two years with the company, and it's the job that I've held longest.

As I write this, I am sitting in a rehearsal for a collegiate Heroes of the Storm tournament called "Heroes if the Dorm." It will make television history on Sunday when it is broadcast live on ESPN2! http://www.heroesofthedorm.com

If you want to follow along with the cool eSports stuff I get into, follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AskJoshy

Next month I am hoping to meet fellow EoFFer eestlinc at a Magic: the Gathering tournament in Las Vegas! : D

Ayen
04-26-2015, 01:11 AM
In 2009, you all helped me win my first job out of college via voting! I saved up some money from that 1-year contract and made a YouTube channel for fun: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy

I was commentating competitive games of StarCraft II because I loved the game, had beta access, had radio experience, and video editing experience. I had a blast being my own boss and turned the channel into a profitable one. At my peak in 2011, I was getting ~600,000 views per month and hit 56,000 subscribers!

In 2011, my game knowledge and marketing degree landed me a job at IGN.com working on the "IGN Pro League," a professional StarCraft II tournament series. We eventually added other games like League of Legends and in August 2012, I sealed a huge deal with a new game called ShootMania that didn't end up becoming popular. However, it did earn me a trip to Paris which was awesome. I commentated two live tournaments in Las Vegas and San Francisco before IPL closed its doors in April 2013.

But all was not lost! Blizzard Entertainment, the studio that makes World of Warcraft, Diablo, and of course StarCraft, hired 25 or so IPL folks and I ended up as an Associate eSports Manager there. This month I celebrated two years with the company, and it's the job that I've held longest.

As I write this, I am sitting in a rehearsal for a collegiate Heroes of the Storm tournament called "Heroes if the Dorm." It will make television history on Sunday when it is broadcast live on ESPN2! http://www.heroesofthedorm.com

If you want to follow along with the cool eSports stuff I get into, follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AskJoshy

Next month I am hoping to meet fellow EoFFer eestlinc at a Magic: the Gathering tournament in Las Vegas! : D

Holy trout, that is awesome!

escobert
04-26-2015, 01:21 AM

start commentating the DayZ Survivor gamez :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOdVw0fdaiM

Shorty
04-26-2015, 01:23 AM
WELL LOOK WHO IT IS

bootay.jpg

how dare you

Halan
04-26-2015, 02:17 AM
Halan ;-;

Pssh, you're friends with both of us on Facebook. :shobon:

Denmark
04-26-2015, 03:38 AM
esports are fucking terrible

hello people with pre-2003 joindates

Colonel Angus
04-26-2015, 07:49 AM
Whatever happened to Lockharted & shion?

theundeadhero
04-26-2015, 09:13 AM
Hey, look at that, a Mexican Princess.

kikimm and I became friends on lastfm a little while ago so she's still alive but neither of us really use it often. I know a little why she doesn't come around here anymore and it's not likely she'll be back.

Mirage
04-26-2015, 11:36 AM

they changed names, dickbutt

Colonel Angus
04-26-2015, 03:01 PM

Kalevala
04-26-2015, 07:08 PM

bootay.jpg

how dare you

I couldn't resist.

Mirage
04-26-2015, 07:09 PM

No :(

Lawr
04-26-2015, 07:35 PM
I miss scrumpleberry and all the other people I used to talk to on MSN!

Mirage
04-26-2015, 09:08 PM
where's aisha?

Levian
04-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Levian
Cz
Neel
charliepanayi
scrumpleberry

More to come.

Got a real job and a relationship at the same time, both turned out to be (time) demanding sluts. Different job and different relationship now, but not much time to spare nonetheless.
I still check EoFF multiple times a week though, even if I don't really post.

Good job on sticking around :up: nice to see so many familiar faces still.

theundeadhero
04-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Quick, whily you're hear put a Wakka avatar back on!

Freya
04-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Oh man, So many familar faces! Sargeant Hartman! Linus! AHHHHH

Shiny
04-27-2015, 07:27 PM

Nope, just wondering where certain people are but now that you're here you can leave. *shows you the door*

Creamy, creamy beige

Levian
04-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Quick, whily you're hear put a Wakka avatar back on!

only if you put on the 8-bit skeleton thing with the biceps.

theundeadhero
04-28-2015, 03:01 AM
It's almost always there. Just changed it this week for Game of Thrones.

Big D
05-01-2015, 11:40 AM

Holy trout, that is awesome!Awesome indeed! That's the kind of thing people mean when they talk about turning hobbies into careers, and doing what you enjoy for a living. We should all be so luck.

I miss this place often. Every now and then I even come back. I think this is going to be one of those times... too many good people on here to let it fall by the wayside.

Freya
05-01-2015, 03:18 PM
YAY! I love it when the oldbies pop in for a bit. :3

Masamunemaster
05-02-2015, 07:53 AM
I try to keep posting, but everything I do the thread(no matter how big) tends to flitter away.:(

escobert
05-02-2015, 01:57 PM
you guys will never get rid of me :p

Lawr
05-03-2015, 05:30 PM

Ugh! So that arsenic I sprinkled in your drink had no effect?!

escobert
05-03-2015, 05:44 PM

Ugh! So that arsenic I sprinkled in your drink had no effect?!

it only make me stronger :love:

Avarice-ness
05-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Resha
Psyde-Kick
oddler
kikimm
Rengori
Sergeant Hartman
Zeldy
Avarice-ness

Lonny BoB sumon u all

Hiiiiii~

Edit: JEEZ, I'm clicking around all stupid like an old person cause the formats changed... obviously. HOW DOES I INTERNET?

Mirage
05-04-2015, 07:20 PM
my gods, avariceness

did you know my psn ID is inspired by you?

Avarice-ness
05-05-2015, 01:18 AM
my gods, avariceness

I knew you did like a livejournal or something that had ness in it but not your PSN. XD You're welcome friend!

Sephex
05-05-2015, 02:48 AM
Man, I haven't seen edczxcvbnm in forever! edczxcvbnm come back! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I have a feeling that if you came back, it would feel like splitting a flask of Captain Morgan Private Stock right before we went to go see Avengers last Friday night!

Shiny
05-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Resha
Psyde-Kick
oddler
kikimm
Rengori
Sergeant Hartman
Zeldy
Avarice-ness

Lonny BoB sumon u all

Hiiiiii~

Edit: JEEZ, I'm clicking around all stupid like an old person cause the formats changed... obviously. HOW DOES I INTERNET?
What a pleasant surprise. What have you been up to?

Mirage
05-09-2015, 12:27 AM
my gods, avariceness

I knew you did like a livejournal or something that had ness in it but not your PSN. XD You're welcome friend!

I had no idea i had made an lj with -ness in it...

Chris
05-09-2015, 10:37 AM
I became Sarah, and Sarah came. :shrug:

Christmas
01-15-2023, 06:51 AM
Is it time for the occassional oldie jenova reunion email fest reminder? :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
01-26-2023, 03:31 PM
imho set them on a monthly email drip. "Top 10 posts from this month" update.

I'll write an ebook. Christmas can do an online course. Let's monetise this bitch.