PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rather swim?

Pumpkin
04-29-2015, 05:01 PM
I just love swimming so I'd swim almost anywhere :flirt:

noxious.sunshine
04-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Lakes and rivers are my shit.

I've swam across the Hiwassee near my hometown... Like a mile.

I love swimming. So much. I used to be on my hometown's swim team and I was good at it in spite of being short. :D

Vermachtnis
04-29-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't like being wet.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-29-2015, 09:36 PM
I don't like being wet.

Does is make you sprout/bud off gremlins?

Spooniest
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
MrV6exi1WlM

escobert
04-29-2015, 10:49 PM
indoor pool. I dislike swimming.

Ayen
04-29-2015, 11:15 PM
I never learned how to swim so I have no idea if I'd like it or where I would prefer to swim in.

Loony BoB
04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Outdoor pool - Favourite on a hot/sunny day. And as I favour hot/sunny days, my favourite overall. Private pools are amazing when you get them on holiday.
Indoor pool - Favourite on a cold/rainy day.
Ocean (beach) - This is my favourite of the natural waters of the world.
Lake - I don't mind lakes.
River/Creek/Stream - This really depends on the current, depth and how clean the water is.
Ocean (ocean) - This idea scares me a fair bit, but at the same time I bet it would be really nice to swim with whales or manta rays. I don't think I could ever do it though.

Richard
05-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Both indoor and outdoor. Oceans and Lakes creep me out.

blackmage_nuke
05-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Depends on the water and the weather conditions, I like the ocean when the waves arent breaking too far from shore, I like an outdoor pool if its not to crowded and an indoor pool if its raining outside and I like a river that's not too fast (Im not a very strong swimmer). I've never swam in a lake but I have no objection to it, streams and puddles tend to be too muddy.

Shiny
05-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Lakes, outdoor or indoor pools. I dislike swimming in oceans because the waves make it really difficult and I dislike the saltiness and because they have jellyfish and giant squids. No freaking thank you. I never swam in a river but that sounds like a bad idea because of the current. Man made lakes are safer.

Mirage
05-02-2015, 05:13 PM
I like swimming, but I suck at it. I'll swim anywhere if just the water is warm enough. Below 23C and I'm out.

Laddy
05-03-2015, 05:04 AM
Swimming is great. I swim pretty much every day in the summer and I'll just walk around in a swimsuit all day sometimes and the next day....get a another swimsuit. I have an absurdly large amount of swimsuits. It's embarrassing how much I love anything about water.

Living in a landlocked state the only natural bodies of water are usually murky lakes surrounded by rednecks playing loud music. I like a nice pool myself but public pools aren't any fun. Besides that, the ocean is lovely. Love me that sand and sun.

Growing up my sisters and I were pretty hip because we had a pool and deck and we'd have friends hang out until like 2 am whilst listening to music. It's commonly over 100 Fahrenheit not accounting for humidity or heat index in the summer so it's borderline required to swim at least a bit if you want to go outside for more than a couple of hours.

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 04:39 AM
I would swim in any man-made swimming pool and nowhere else.

Shorty
05-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Pools in which I can see the bottom of and absolutely nothing else. I have spent too much time studying creatures of the ones to be comfortable swimming in it. Lakes and rivers are rarely see-through and the have leeches and parasites and horrible little fish and there is always the story of gators popping up in places where they don't belong. No thank you.

MissH
05-04-2015, 09:44 AM
I love swimming!!!

Obviously in England we are not blessed with weather that enables outdoor swimming, so it would have to be an indoor pool. But on holiday, I like outdoor pools!!

I hate the thought of swimming anywhere where I can't see what lurks beneath. I've been stung by a jellyfish twice and convinced I've stood on a shark or some other creature a million times so for me- it has to be a pool!

Pheesh
05-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Either in the ocean or in an outdoor pool that I own. Public pools are nasty.

Chibi Youkai
05-04-2015, 02:21 PM
I love deep sea swimming. The Marianas trench in early spring is the best. The water's about 80F, and just salty enough to have some positive bouyancy. The downside is that the current is strong, and you're tired after about 15 minutes. But swimming at a beach is awesome too, and good for your skin.

Jess
05-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Anywhere there isn't any jellyfish. :jess: