PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of Yuffie?

Pumpkin
05-01-2015, 05:00 PM
I liked her okay but I think that's because she reminds me of my boyfriend. She wasn't my favourite though. Could take her or leave her really

sharkythesharkdogg
05-01-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm sure in real life I'd want to kill her, but in story form (where characters are always exaggerated) I looked at her as the mischievous scamp/unpredictable rouge character.

I really liked her in that role, and she has one of the better limit breaks as far as damage output goes.

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of her prosthetic leg, but I admittedly haven't paid much attention as to why. It might have something to do with it being her character in prequels and she hadn't lost it yet.

I still think it was a good move to have a character with a prosthetic limb out there kicking ass, and especially good that they had it be a "pretty girl" character.

escobert
05-01-2015, 05:27 PM
I hate that she steals my materia and I'm forced into a side quest that I usually don't want to do at the time. But otherwise she's okay.

Bubba
05-01-2015, 05:36 PM
I still think it was a good move to have a character with a prosthetic limb out there kicking ass, and especially good that they had it be a "pretty girl" character.

Yuffie had a prosthetic limb? Are you sure?

sharkythesharkdogg
05-01-2015, 06:48 PM
I always thought it was because FF7's character sprites are pretty basic and it looks prosthetic, but it's probably not. Maybe it's just some weird calf protection chain-mail thing. I thought Bugenhagen was able to levitate on his own, but apparently that ball he sits on does all the work for him? Stuff always gets ruined.

http://cdn.instructables.com/FY9/IC94/G6MPPUCD/FY9IC94G6MPPUCD.LARGE.jpg

It's probably not, but I'm going to keep saying that it is.

Kalevala
05-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Okay, so that's awesome. This is my new headcanon.

Vermachtnis
05-01-2015, 07:19 PM
She's in my team in every playthrough of the game I've done.

Richard
05-01-2015, 07:55 PM
She was okay....other than being a pick pocket and a thief. She was a pretty good character and could hold her own. :D

Spooniest
05-01-2015, 09:01 PM
The real question is, what happens if Yuffie tries to Steal from Locke, or vice-versa?

I'm going to say that the Universe would implode

escobert
05-01-2015, 09:38 PM
The real question is, what happens if Yuffie tries to Steal from Locke, or vice-versa?

I'm going to say that the Universe would implode

considering they're in probably different universes and most definitely in different time periods I don't see how it would happen in the first place.

Ayen
05-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Indifferent. Yuffie was an optional character you didn't have to mess with and it shows. A lot of her dialog in various areas had nothing to do with the story and she just felt out of place. I don't remember having much use for her in battle, either. The only time she really gets to shine is in her own side-quest, which I vaguely remember doing.

maybee
05-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Love her ! She's cute, annoying and entertaining. She's flawed, but not too flawed. If that makes any sense ?

Shiva95
05-03-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't really like her.

Snap Jumper
05-09-2015, 04:16 AM
I always gave her the Conformer with Double Cut. It would make her a powerhouse hitting for over 6,000 damage a turn. For defense, set her limit breaks to level 1 and feed her a Hyper, and use Clear Tranquil every time. With that setup, it doesn't matter who else is in the party!

black orb
05-09-2015, 05:35 AM
>>> I Like her, she has the most original ninja outfit I have seen..:luca:

MJN SEIFER
05-10-2015, 01:26 PM
I liked her, she was a good character to use in battle, and I liked her Limit Breaks. I didn't mind the Materia side quest, as it was kind of fun to do, and I like Wutai.

Her personality was fun, but I have to say that once I noticed how obvious it was via dialogue that she was an optional character, I couldn't not notice. What I mean is, most of her lines seem like they were added in at the last minute, unless the scene has something to do with her storyline - like she makes a comment, that no one really pays any attention to, and it seems like it was added on. .

Randy
06-06-2015, 01:35 AM
Loved using her in battle. The throwing spikey wheel thing (yeah I can't bothered to find out what those are called) is a pretty cool weapon.
As for her as a character......hmmmm. Bit annoying and she doesn't really have much input into the story.
Although I guess that could just be cos they wanted her to remain optional (although it was insanely hard to miss her). That's what FF needs to bring back: optional characters.

Sephex
06-08-2015, 01:06 AM
No strong opinion. Don't really get why she gets heat sometimes, but I don't find her spectacular, either.

Lazerface
06-08-2015, 01:10 AM
I didn't like her.
Annoying Ninja chick who thinks she's slick. If she existed in real life it's gonna be a strife, not talking about clouds but she is a dumb busta lookin like she never bathes probably smell like mustard.
If Naruto were here he'd feel really annoyed, I connect one punch on fox boy and he's out for this trip, then coming up to Yuffie she won't be overjoyed, I connect one kick to crotch and she'll wish she had a dick.
In that forest I ignored her and Gold saucer the same, but then she stole my materia and now I'm bringing this harpy pain.
I roll up in Wutai ready to bust some caps, but she got kidnapped by Corneo then we had to fight his pet Rapps.
Wish I coulda left her and let Corneo have his way, but we wouldn't have gotten that matty back and that won't make our day.
So she's now back in the party and I'm still pissed off, she steal my trout again I'm getting my sawed-off and a body's getting hauled off.

Break down: If she existed in real life I'd slap the narutard out of her and tell her she ain't a ninja and to give me back my materia before I go Riki-Oh on her ass.

Strider
06-12-2015, 06:28 AM
Yuffie shadowboxing dot gif

But really, she wasn't anywhere near as grating as Cait Sith. She's not bad.

BlasterDarkRen
06-17-2015, 01:54 AM
I like Yuffie a lot, she is a prime example of a character who wants to do good (brong honour back to Wutai) but she's just going about it wrong.

Plus I love the challenge of being without materia for a bit.

Laddy
06-17-2015, 02:48 AM
Yuffie is p decent character in combat who is versatile. Storywise, she's interesting enough and has some funny moments but isn't well developed and has that damn sidequest.

Saber
06-17-2015, 05:08 AM
She was an awesome character! I remember running around a forest and she showed up for the first time. It took me some time to recruit her without a guide but now everytime I recruit her just before you go to Fort Condor.

In battle she was automatically better due to the fact she was long ranged and a damage dealer. She wasn't that bad with materia either and showed a real interest in it in game. She was the second character that healed your parties HP. Doom of the living was imo one of the best limit breaks in the game.

Later in the films she returns as a guest and for short times. She has been in Crisis Core, FFVII, Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Last Order and Before Crisis I don't think she was in but those weren't released in america. She stands always as a true protector of the planet with less dirt on her hands then anti-shinra main man Barret. As Cait Sith points out, people died from the reactor Barret blew up. Yuffie steals but she isn't much of a killer outside of Shinra.

Her side quests on the game were interesting. She takes away your materia and you are forced to get it back from her shortly afterwards. When that is done she also has a fighting match with her father and his council. You get Leviathan summon and All creation limit break.

Pwnt! No one is better with the morph materia.

Jowy
06-18-2015, 11:32 AM
Her kissing Cloud is really cute and awkward.

Load her up with Materia when you get the Conformer and break the entire game. :)

Mercen-X
06-20-2015, 06:27 AM
I wish she ended up with Cloud.

Saber
06-20-2015, 06:23 PM
I wish she ended up with Cloud.

If you recruit her right away with selecting the right choices along the way, she'll be clouds date in the gold saucer. W3Zdqipa3js

Mercen-X
06-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Yeah, but she doesn't spend the night with him at the end of the game.

Bubba
06-21-2015, 10:17 AM

Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Yuffie sleeping with Cloud and Barret sleeping with Red XIII are just parts of the story that just go "untold" That's the way i like to think of it.

I feel this can be better explored in the remake.

Saber
06-21-2015, 10:47 AM

He was skipping out on Tifa in Advent Children. He could have hooked up with the mysterious ninja during that time. I mean, he is trying to avoid Tifa and the church has a ghost ya know.

Formalhaut
06-21-2015, 10:47 AM

Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Yuffie sleeping with Cloud and Barret sleeping with Red XIII are just parts of the story that just go "untold" That's the way i like to think of it.

I feel this can be better explored in the remake.

Bubba's clearly up for some HD boning.

And given that Vincent and Red XIII have this sort of meet-up pact thing every year, if we're going down this route surely VincentxRed would be a better fit? They both have this intelligent, broody side to them.

cingur the kuporiffic moogle prince
08-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Liked her a lot!
http://wigunpics.science/9/g.png

Rin Heartilly
08-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Yuffie...that girl got game. She kissed Cloud like it was nobody's business.

*Tifa sobs alone in distance while ringing Cloud, who does not pick up his phone...*

Ixtli
10-15-2015, 03:05 PM
I thought she was okay. She was just an extra character to use to get through the game....pretty much. Maybe with the remake, they'll give the players a little bit more opportunity to get to know her character more. She didn't get many lines in the original game and she got very little screen time in Advent Children. Not sure about Dirge of Cerberus.