PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch game shows?

Pumpkin
05-03-2015, 05:01 PM
I like a few of them, but I don't usually go out of my way to watch any other than the Family Feud

Shorty
05-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Nope. I would rather do anything else on the world than watch game shows.

escobert
05-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Not really, just rare occasions when noting else it on. TV is just background noise to me. I could just as easily have the radio with NPR going and not notice any difference.

Colonel Angus
05-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Sometimes. I really like Jeopardy, but they show it early here. Sometimes I'll watch Celebrity Name Game. I used to love watching Match Game reruns on GSN.

Spooniest
05-03-2015, 06:49 PM
I like playing video games more than I like watching game shows, but the price is right is pretty cool - I like when they play Plink-O.

And Drew Carey is acceptable at any time.

Ayen
05-04-2015, 12:41 AM
I used to watch The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Family Feud, and Deal or no Deal all the time. Now I don't care so much. I played the Millionaire game on PS1 once.

I am not cutout for trivia game shows. But Deal or no Deal? Won the million dollars on my first go.

Shame that was a flash game.

BlackFire
05-05-2015, 07:22 PM
I used to watch a lot of them on Game Show Network and G4TV. Now I rarely watch them at all.

SuperMillionaire
05-05-2015, 07:27 PM
I watch game shows. I recently made two topics about game shows in this forum.

Del Murder
05-05-2015, 10:37 PM
I like game shows but I don't have much time to watch them. There's other things I'd rather be doing. I do try to watch a couple reality game shows like Survivor or Amazing Race.

Depression Moon
05-06-2015, 04:10 AM
I haven't legitimately in years.

Bubba
05-06-2015, 12:52 PM
The only ones I watch are the fun ones before teatime. Pointless and The Chase. That's about it though.

I used to love Catchphrase when it was on though. When I was off work with a broken leg years ago, I used to watch Catchprase at 1pm. When my ex got back from work about 5pm I'd watch it (it repeated at 5pm) with her again and pretend that I was a Catchphrase legend.

I is a bad monkey.

Kalevala
05-07-2015, 04:12 AM
Every time my sister and I are both home for the holidays we watch Jeopardy together and try to answer more questions correctly than the other.

It sucks because with my current work schedule I'm always getting home just as it's finishing, and I'm really out of practice.

Agent Proto
05-08-2015, 12:27 AM
I really like game shows. I wanted to be a game show host myself considering I hosted a couple events here with game shows in mind, but eh, that dream got shot down immediately. :greenie: But I do like game shows. A couple I will watch if I happen to catch them on tv.

Pike
05-08-2015, 09:22 PM
I used to watch Who Wants to Be a Millionaire pretty religiously back in the early 00's when Regis was still the host. Before that, I used to watch Wheel of Fortune and The Price Is Right as a youngster.

I haven't watched a game show in years, though, although it's primarily because I haven't watched TV in years (aside from Netflix.)

Nothing worse than knowing the answer to the $1 million question and knowing you could be $1 million richer :argh:

Richard
05-12-2015, 10:09 PM
I'm not much for reality tv or game shows. I'd have to pass.

blackmage_nuke
05-13-2015, 12:36 PM
I like UK panel shows like QI or anything that has David Mitchell on as a regular, but if it just involves normal people playing for money then Im not really interested. The Australian Thank God You're Here was also wonderful.

If Um Actually (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qam4iiya1q0)was a regular half hour show I'd probably watch that frequently

Kalevala
05-14-2015, 05:25 AM
I like UK panel shows like QI or anything that has David Mitchell on as a regular, but if it just involves normal people playing for money then Im not really interested. The Australian Thank God You're Here was also wonderful.

If Um Actually (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qam4iiya1q0)was a regular half hour show I'd probably watch that frequently

Ah, yes. You mentioning David Mitchell reminded me of the Big Fat Quiz specials. I do enjoy those.

Araciel
05-14-2015, 05:45 AM
Wheel&Jep with my mom was always a great time.

Loony BoB
05-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Panel shows definitely. Game shows, when I'm bored.

Vincent Valentine
05-14-2015, 12:43 PM
I think it's been nearly a decade since I sat down and watched actual live TV. Games shows tend to go over my radar a little bit as a result.

Based on the quality of the random stuff I have caught a glance of here and there, I'm not missing much...

Kalevala
05-14-2015, 06:17 PM
Just watched Pointless on BBC One, and I'm intrigued. Giving the right answer, but the right answer that the fewest of those polled were able to answer? That's an interesting premise.

Bubba
05-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Just watched Pointless on BBC One, and I'm intrigued. Giving the right answer, but the right answer that the fewest of those polled were able to answer? That's an interesting premise.

Pointless is the best gameshow on TV in my opinion. Trying to find a correct answer that 100 people couldn't find is is a fantastic premise. Also, Richard and Alexander are brilliant.

Crop
05-18-2015, 12:41 AM
I watched them in the 'golden age' of game shows, that is the late 80's early 90's, with such classics as Dale's Supermarket Sweep and Catchphrase (with Roy Walker, the finest game show host of all time).

Since I've seen the best, I'm no longer interested in the newer stuff. Same stuff but done worse.