PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Message from the Big Giant Head

Scotty_ffgamer
04-27-2015, 07:02 AM
So I've been getting really into 3rd Rock from the Sun lately. I used to like seeing bits of this show when I grew up, but my mom didn't think it was very appropriate for me to watch as a kid so I rarely got to see any of it.

Let us discuss this great show.

blackmage_nuke
04-27-2015, 10:54 AM
It's an amazing show, I watched it all some time last year and going in I was concerned it would just be nostalgia tinted glasses that made me think it was a good show, but I was very pleased to discover it's aged very well and I found it funnier now than I did as a child. It does become a bit dull towards the end as they start to become more human (appropriate really).

I prefered the alternate ending. It's a more accurate representation of what we know and love about Dick and leaves the series with a sense of adventure and symetry rather than a sombre note like most sitcoms tend to end on.

Loony BoB
04-27-2015, 11:07 AM
I always loved that episode when Dick and Harry get stuck down a hole. I might re-watch the show sometime.

Ayen
04-27-2015, 11:48 AM
I shared a name with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character. We both had long hair that made us look like a girl, and we both cut our hair around the same time.

Harry was the best character, though.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-27-2015, 01:22 PM
"Incoming message from the big, giant head!"

"We all know he only got that position because he was kissing the big, giant ass."

"SSSHHH!!!!"

I'm sure it's not word for word accurate, it's been years. That bit always made me laugh though.

Calliope
04-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Harry Solomon is my style icon (http://harrysolomonsweaters.tumblr.com/).

Pumpkin
04-28-2015, 06:02 PM
I very vaguely remember it from when I was very little. I've actually been meaning to give it a try so I could see if I like it because I barely remember a thing