PDA

View Full Version : If there had to be a romance...

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Who would you make the happy couple in this game?

Colonel Angus
05-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Balthier & Fran :love:

Vyk
05-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Should not have added Balthier and Fran. Should have made it less easy for people to actually choose xD Though Vaan and Penelo are a pretty obvious choice as well since they already have that street urchin bond going on. So to go against the grain I'd probably have to say Ashe and Balthier

Edit: Then I somehow accidentally voted for Baltheir and Vaan lol... Good enough I guess

FFIX Choco Boy
05-10-2015, 10:11 PM
I always thought that Ashe and Balthier were a canon couple... I guess it's probably because there's so much gameplay between story segments that you forget entirely what was going on by the time you get to the next scene. :shrug:

Ayen
05-10-2015, 10:35 PM
I think Ashe and ToriJ would be pretty happy together.

Fynn
05-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Balthier and Fran are canon, though. So they shouldn't even be an option.

http://static.zerochan.net/Final.Fantasy.XII.full.1638414.jpg

I also always saw Ashe and Basch getting together, for some reason.

Big D
05-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Fran and and Balthier are just the cutest. They (and their relationship) should've had a much bigger role in the story :)

Carl the Llama
05-14-2015, 11:19 PM
Clearly the only option here is Ashe and Fran... *cough*

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2015, 07:56 AM
I've been waiting for this type of thread to post this:

Mr. Carnelian
05-17-2015, 05:07 PM

Are they? I never really got that vibe from them, to be honest.

I'm not familiar with the extra stuff related to XII, such as Revenant Wings, so it could be made explicit there, for all I know.

But from the game, I just got the impression that they were good friends whose friendship transcended the bounds of species, like Han Solo and Chewbacca from Star Wars. I can't really see them being romantically involved.

Personally, I voted for Balthier and Basch. Basch could do with some loosening up, whilst Balthier could do being a bit more responsible. I think they'd complement each other well. If they were actually attracted to each other, of course.

Okay, so there's not really any romantic chemistry between them in the game, but to be honest I didn't think there was ANY romantic chemistry between ANYONE, really.

Formalhaut
05-17-2015, 05:29 PM
The only romantic chemistry I saw was between Vaan and Penelo, personally and even then it was made slightly more obvious in Revenant Wings​. It wasn't really a game for cliche love romances. I also didn't really see Balthier and Fran getting together: for me they are just to tightly bonded to be nothing else but really close, trustworthy friends.

Fynn
05-17-2015, 05:58 PM

Are they? I never really got that vibe from them, to be honest.

I'm not familiar with the extra stuff related to XII, such as Revenant Wings, so it could be made explicit there, for all I know.

But from the game, I just got the impression that they were good friends whose friendship transcended the bounds of species, like Han Solo and Chewbacca from Star Wars. I can't really see them being romantically involved.

Personally, I voted for Balthier and Basch. Basch could do with some loosening up, whilst Balthier could do being a bit more responsible. I think they'd complement each other well. If they were actually attracted to each other, of course.

Okay, so there's not really any romantic chemistry between them in the game, but to be honest I didn't think there was ANY romantic chemistry between ANYONE, really.

Oh my God. That reminds me of that one drawing I made in the past... Can I find it?

Yes I can.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image-60.jpg

Also, no. Both of you. Shh. Fran and Balthier is the canon OTP. I had some evidence somewhere... Dammit Wolf, help me out! :onoes:

Ayen
05-17-2015, 11:58 PM
The Big Bad Wolf isn't here. He's currently in a battle of wits with the Crooked Man.

Wait, that's a completely separate wolf. My bad.

Galuf
05-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Basch and Vaan. hey when has there ever been a gay couple in FF history... i just relized this..

Mr. Carnelian
05-24-2015, 06:10 AM
Basch and Vaan. hey when has there ever been a gay couple in FF history... i just relized this..
Good point. Has there been a single non-heterosexual couple in Final Fantasy?

Pumpkin
05-24-2015, 06:12 AM
I don't think so if you don't count Fang and Vanille, but I haven't double checked

Mr. Carnelian
05-24-2015, 06:48 AM
I don't think so if you don't count Fang and Vanille, but I haven't double checked
I'd say Fang and Vanille are a grey area. On the one hand it could be argued that they are romantically involved. There's definite possibility for that in the subtext. But, on the other it can be argued that their bond is more sisterly than romantic.

I was thinking more about confirmed non-heterosexual couples. Of which I don't think there are any.

Forsaken Lover
05-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Larsa x Penelo is the only right choice.

There's also a very devoted slash community to older guy and younger guy though. I've seen a lot of Gabranth/Larsa and Snow/Hope.

Galuf
05-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Good point. Has there been a single non-heterosexual couple in Final Fantasy?
if there has im sure it wasnt between 2 main characters.

maybe short guard and tall guard?