PDA

View Full Version : Do you play visual novels?

Pumpkin
05-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I like the idea but I haven't found many I like. I still try some though

Freya
05-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Yes. I've played a few. My favorite is Yo-Jin-Bo. It's pretty funny which I love. It makes a lot of pop culture references. I wish there were more english translated ones and not just fan ones. I like Otome ones personally.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6m8ubbKOn1r3ubimo1_500.png

Ayen
05-11-2015, 11:02 PM
I've played a few. Mostly Phoenix Wright games. I'd be all over that Utena VN if it ever had a US release.

Karifean
05-11-2015, 11:16 PM
*points at sig*

Suffice it to say they're my favorite genre of video games. My favorite storytelling medium in general, actually.

Fynn
05-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Yes. I've played a few. My favorite is Yo-Jin-Bo. It's pretty funny which I love. It makes a lot of pop culture references. I wish there were more english translated ones and not just fan ones. I like Otome ones personally.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6m8ubbKOn1r3ubimo1_500.png

That looks like a bara game.

But yeah, i enjoy VNs, although I haven't played too much. So far it's been Radical Dreamers, 999, the first two Phoenix Wright games (started Trials and Tribulations and I intend to come back to it), and both Dangan Ronpa games. I do want to try more in the future.

escobert
05-12-2015, 04:04 PM
No. Unless The Banner Saga and Valiant Hearts: The Great War are considered visual novels. But I don't think they are.

Rez09
05-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Visual Novels aren't a genre I have particularly strong feelings towards in either direction, and it is one I explore the least often due to the heftier time investment required to determine if I like the game or not. That said, the genre's track record is generally solid for me, as I've liked most of the VNs I've played through (like Snatcher and Tsukihime), but I was also specifically directed towards these titles and none have ever been appealing enough to make me delve deeper into the genre on my own accord.