PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else NOT care about Wonder Woman?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2015, 03:39 AM
I don't care about the Wonder Woman character. I don't care about the Lynda Carter version or the various comic book versions. It's not that I hate the Wonder Woman character or anything like that but she just doesn't do anything for me. The same goes for the Gal Gadot casting of Wonder Woman, it just doesn't do anything for me. (At least so far.)

Ayen
05-02-2015, 03:51 AM
I like Wonder Woman enough. She isn't high up on my superhero list, but I enjoyed the animated short WB made about her, and I enjoyed her inclusion in other animated shorts I've seen. I even enjoyed what little I saw of the Lynda Carter version.

Mirage
05-02-2015, 04:03 AM
i don't, but that's mainly because i am largely indifferent to anything from DC other than batman

Ayen
05-02-2015, 04:07 AM
i don't, but that's mainly because i am largely indifferent to anything from DC other than batman

Mirage
05-02-2015, 04:11 AM
sounds about right to me

Pike
05-02-2015, 10:20 AM
I don't mind her but I'm also not a particularly huge fan. But then again I've always been more of a Marvel person.

Bubba
05-02-2015, 10:22 AM
I honestly don't know much about Wonder Woman. Did she have any special powers or was she just generally... wonderful.

maybee
05-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I honestly don't know much about Wonder Woman. Did she have any special powers or was she just generally... wonderful.

She has the... whip of truth thing.

Yeah, I'm not too keen on her either. She's seen as this big feminist icon, but honestly ? There's better and stronger female comic heroes out there.

Psychotic
05-02-2015, 11:04 AM
During World War II the evil Nazi, Baroness Paula von Gunther, had a plan to defeat the United States of America by stealing its entire milk supply. In just twenty years, the children of America would grow up weak, puny, and powerless to stop the jackboots of the Third Reich stomping through Times Square, Hollywood Boulevard and someplace in Iowa or something. One woman, one wonderful woman, stopped this scheme at great personal cost.

The taint of disgrace will follow her to her grave. Future generations will revile her. In America, as a despicable traitor with no sense of honour. And in Germany, as a monster who unleashed a milky catastrophe. She will go down in official history as a war criminal. And no one will ever understand her. That... was her final mission. And like a true soldier, she saw it through to the end.

No one will ever learn the truth. Her story... her debriefing... will endure only in your heart. Everything she did, she did for her country. She sacrificed her life and her honour for her native land. She was a real hero. She was a true patriot.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Ayen
05-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Don't worry, guys. Shorty will see this thread and explain in length what WW is all about and what she can do, judge us, call us nerds, and then ride off into the sunset.

blackmage_nuke
05-02-2015, 11:17 AM

I came to post this.

LunarWeaver
05-02-2015, 11:55 AM
She has some kinky equipment, so I personally find her relatable.

MissH
05-02-2015, 01:24 PM
I did a piece of writing on superheroes with my class (4 and 5yr olds) last week and I was kinda saddened that not a single one knew of a female superhero. They all talked about the usual-Batman,spiderman,Captain America,Hulk etc- but when I asked about girl superheroes they just didn't have a clue.

I think we should have more female superheroes.

Let's start off with a girl who's superpower is that she's growing a human inside her and is surrounded by stress and idiots and managed not to kill anyone,have any kind of nervous breakdown and still manages to be pretty pleasant to people. We'll call her, I dunno, SuperSophie?! :blush::shifty:

Jinx
05-02-2015, 01:28 PM
I don't care about her. I don't dislike her her, I just didn't grow up seeing anything that she was on or a part of. Most of my favorite superheroines come from X-Men.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2015, 01:41 PM
I think I like Rogue from the X-Men more than I like Wonder Woman. But I don't like the shy teen Rogue that Anna Paquin played, anymore than she does, I like the bad-ass flying Rogue from X-Men: The Animated Series, better.

escobert
05-02-2015, 01:48 PM
I don't care about any super hero.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Yeah, my brother is that way too. He thinks the whole superhero thing is played out.

escobert
05-02-2015, 01:59 PM

Yeah, my brother is that way too. He thinks the whole superhero thing is played out.

Don't get me wrong, I had TONS of comic books as a kid. I just always liked the bad guys better. They had cool masks! Like Carnage is my all time favorite comic book character. I also loved Transformer and G.I Joe comics. Just wasn't really ever into the super heros.

Richard
05-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Eh...I could do with or without her. There's so many super heroes being displayed on film that it doesn't matter anymore.

Shauna
05-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Eh...I could do with or without her. There's so many super heroes being displayed on film that it doesn't matter anymore.

It would be nice if any of the female superheroes would get their own movie though.

Ayen
05-03-2015, 01:02 AM
I did a piece of writing on superheroes with my class (4 and 5yr olds) last week and I was kinda saddened that not a single one knew of a female superhero. They all talked about the usual-Batman,spiderman,Captain America,Hulk etc- but when I asked about girl superheroes they just didn't have a clue.

They didn't even know about Supergirl? Batgirl? Or any of the X-Men ladies?

Their parents have failed them.

It would be nice if any of the female superheroes would get their own movie though.

Why I'm nervous about the Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel movie. Their success/failure is going to have a strong impact on whether or not we get any more. I'm not too worried on the Marvel front considering their track record.

On the topic of Wonder Woman, guess what's playing on my TV right now >.>

Mirage
05-03-2015, 02:35 AM

They didn't even know about Supergirl? Batgirl? Or any of the X-Men ladies?

Their parents have failed them.

Yeah, for real. Mystique, Rogue and Phoenix are all pretty cool.

Big D
05-03-2015, 04:11 AM

I came to post this.Pretty much this, except that I'm heartily indifferent to basically everything DC's doing lately, in TV or movies, on account of how utterly joyless, soulless and sterile it all feels. I do truly hope that Gal Gadot's run as Wonder Woman is a success and has well-written stories, but I'm not getting my hopes up since she'll be following in the footsteps of bloated, self-absorbed cinematic turds like The Dark Knight Rises.

I understand they'll be introducing Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman Vs Superman: The Dark Justice of Rising Darkness Dawns Darkly from Darkitude, but the trailer for *that* film actually lowered my interest in it. I went from thinking I probably wouldn't bother seeing it, to being pretty darn certain I'm not going to. Long story short: unless the Wonder Woman films show a clear break from the recent DC ouvre, it'll be extremely hard for me to even slightly care.

DMKA
05-03-2015, 04:35 AM
Aside of Batman and the cast that surrounds him, I'm pretty indifferent to DC characters. :p

Ayen
05-03-2015, 04:45 AM

I came to post this.Pretty much this, except that I'm heartily indifferent to basically everything DC's doing lately, in TV or movies, on account of how utterly joyless, soulless and sterile it all feels. I do truly hope that Gal Gadot's run as Wonder Woman is a success and has well-written stories, but I'm not getting my hopes up since she'll be following in the footsteps of bloated, self-absorbed cinematic turds like The Dark Knight Rises.

I understand they'll be introducing Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman Vs Superman: The Dark Justice of Rising Darkness Dawns Darkly from Darkitude, but the trailer for *that* film actually lowered my interest in it. I went from thinking I probably wouldn't bother seeing it, to being pretty darn certain I'm not going to. Long story short: unless the Wonder Woman films show a clear break from the recent DC ouvre, it'll be extremely hard for me to even slightly care.

Their thought process for the last decade has basically been: "People only like Batman. Make every superhero like Batman."

BlackFire
05-03-2015, 09:23 PM
I actually think that she's a strong character (even after becoming the God of War) and yes I have read many of her comics. I have even drawn her a few times. I don't have anything against her.

Mr. Carnelian
05-18-2015, 02:37 AM
I think it's strange how much Wonder Woman has dropped off the radar.

Her comics used to be very popular, years ago, and she definitely punched above her weight in terms of impact on popular culture.

I'm all for a Wonder Woman movie. It will be interesting to see how they handle such an iconic character.

Plus, DC could really do with the variety. Any break from the endless tirade of Superman and Batman reboots would be good.

Freya
05-18-2015, 02:46 AM
I am excited to she gal gadot playing her. I have a girl crush on her.

WW herself I think has the problem many other characters do. While she may have a lot of comics, nothing has done her justice in big media. We haven't had a good representation of her in movies or shows. She's only really been a side character in many cartoons. People don't know her or like her because they haven't seen her.

And yah, DC is all over the place with their movies and shows. Nothing is cohesive like MCU. So people just don't follow it as well.

Colonel Angus
05-18-2015, 04:45 AM
J'adore Wonder Woman. Even as a Marvel Guy, I think she's the best female Superhero. IDK why DC can't figure out what to do w/ her in the movies. Frankly, though, they can't figure out what to do w/ anything outside of Batman in the movies.

I think she was portrayed well in the Justice League cartoon. Her live action show was more part of the zeitgeist. People praise the old Batman for it's odd campiness, while Wonder Woman, which wasn't as campy, gets crap for being campy. :shrug: