PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thinking of getting the 3D FFIV: After Years?

Zelfina Ai'ada
05-02-2015, 05:05 AM
Just curious if anyone else is considering getting the Steam release of the 3D remake of Final Fantasy IV: After Years. I'm thinking about it, but not sure yet.

PROS
- I like Final Fantasy IV and its characters a lot, and I really enjoyed the new characters that AY added and would enjoy having a reason to play the game again

- While I prefer 2D FFIV to the 3D one, replaying in 3D does give a fresh new element to it on a replay, so the same would apply to AY

CONS
- I found AY to be fun, but it's obvious that not a whole lot of time/effort was put into the game

- The remake is in the DS graphics... meh :(

All in all, though, I'll probably end up picking it up anyway.

maybee
05-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Nope !

The 2D version of the game on the PSP was good enough. It wasn't that strong of a sequel to buy it again.

Fynn
05-02-2015, 01:15 PM
I actually have it on iOS. It's okay, but they left out the challenge dungeons :/ But otherwise, I love how it looks like FFIV DS - it's definitely my favorite version of the game.

VeloZer0
05-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Interesting, this is the first I have heard of this. The whole reason I never got the PSP version is that I thought the art style of the new sprites looked terrible. This alleviates that issue.

Ayen
05-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Can't say it's very high up on my list of games to get.

Elpizo
05-03-2015, 02:13 PM
They removed the cameo bosses in the Moon (so the bosses from FF I, II, III, V and VI) in the iOS version and replaced them with palet swamps of the FF IV summons. =/

Mirage
05-03-2015, 02:25 PM
I prefer it in 2D.

Spooniest
05-07-2015, 05:13 AM
Welllllllllllllllllllllllll if it's 3d