PDA

View Full Version : Avocados

Jinx
05-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Let us talk about this most godly of fruits.

I've been eating avocados like crazy recently. GIVE ME AVOCADOS ON ALL THE THINGS, PLEASE. I've only in the past month discovered the beauty of sticking an avocado in the blender and using it (along with some olive oil and spices) as a pasta sauce or salad dressing.

I LOVE GUACAMOLE. And I'm really excited Subway just brought it back, because it makes my already delicious veggie sub way more delicious.

How do you like to take your avocado?

Psychotic
05-02-2015, 04:57 PM
I eat a lot of avocado smuggled away with other stuff. It doesn't really taste of much so I like to eat it with things that do!

noxious.sunshine
05-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Blend up an avocado with a few fresh tomatillos, a serrano pepper or 2, lime juice, cilantro, a garlic clove, and a bit of onion......

Best salsa for tacos ever.

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Meh. I am not a really big fan of them.

Lonely Paper Star
05-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Loooove avocados. I tend to do this (http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/baked-eggs-avocado/) with them and eat it with some kind of bread.

I'll take them in any form though. :D

Agent Proto
05-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I don't particularly like avocados. I don't mind it in small doses, but when given a large dosage, I get an upset stomach. Especially since I've gone ten years without avocados, I was offered to have chips with an avocado dip. My chip had a large amount of avocados, that my stomach couldn't handle it and I threw up moments later. :( Sorry.

Chris
05-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Avocado smoothie or milkshake. :jess:

Shorty
05-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I ate an entire avocado yesterday. Love avocados. Give them to me.

Night Fury
05-11-2015, 02:15 PM
I ate a whole avocado today. It was scrummy. I mixed it up with about a tsp of natural yoghurt and had it on toast with a boiled egg. Oh wait, here is a photo of the scrummy...

I love making guacamole as that is possibly one of the yummiest things. I also like avocado on chicken burgers or in a chicken sandwich. Also, avocado california rolls yassss please.

http://www.cestlavegan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Sushi-Roll1.jpg

Freya
05-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Oh man they are great if you're making chicken salad. Instead of mayo, use avacado. So nom!

noxious.sunshine
05-11-2015, 07:38 PM
^ I've done that. I did an avocado/olive oil/lemon juice blend with a bit of salt & pepper. Was really yummy.

Jessweeee♪
05-12-2015, 01:55 AM
Every day I have oatmeal and an avocado for lunch. I just twist it in half and go at it with a spoon :p