PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this game? FF Type - 0

Richard
05-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Okay. I've seen the trailer....and I do have a PS4....actually not getting why it wasn't just released for PS3 too. But any way. I've heard good and bad.

The thing about FF games that gets me is that there is a lot of grind and I'm very slow at FF games because I like perfection which takes me months. What made me cringe is there are a lot of characters....which means....a lot of time grinding each and every one of them.

So would any of you recommend it?

Aulayna
05-02-2015, 10:46 PM
The grind isn't really bad in this one as it's a New Game+ style game, so you naturally level up just through multiple play throughs. Also as you do certain things, you get accessories which you can equip that increase XP gained.

Plus grinding isn't really hugely necessary in this game.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-04-2015, 10:12 PM
I loved playing this game and found the New Game + to be rewarding.

The game is more about the gameplay and the lore than it is heavy character development. This didn't keep me from enjoying the characters by any means, as you still get a feel for everyones unique personality. I'd recommend going all in and having fun.

Considering you have 14 characters to choose from, I really wouldn't get wrapped up in max leveling everyone. If you did that, you'll be playing this game for a very long time. But hey, nothing wrong with that.

Noctis Caelum
09-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Personally I entered this thread because I am asking the same question. I have had a PS4 for less than 3 months now, and I want to buy Type-0, but it's only for the Episode Duscae demo. But, there are things I like about Type-0 that has prevented me from just buying the Duscae demo code for $20 off eBay. I think I may just buy the game, and give Type-0 a chance after I finish with Witcher 3. But... if I did that, it's still primarily due to the fact that I want to try XV for myself, as it is my most anticipated game.

Saber
09-28-2015, 06:36 AM
1. Get the game.
2. Understand that it is about getting killsights (300 for each character) and harvesting 800 phantomas too (again for each character).
3. Beat the game.
4. Do missions and gain 100,000 SP. (you can do this is the main menu)
5. Beat Gilgamish with all 14 characters.
6. Get ready for the next final fantasy title.