PDA

View Full Version : How often do you talk to family?

Pumpkin
05-16-2015, 05:01 PM
I call my mom regularly to talk to my son. He rarely wants to talk to me on the phone, but he did call me once! I don't really talk to the rest of my family though

Shauna
05-16-2015, 05:08 PM
I do keep fairly close contact with my family - I see my Dad almost every day, and my Mum every week (or two weeks depending on our social weekend activities).

Ayen
05-16-2015, 10:43 PM
Everyday. Seeing that I live with them it's kind of hard not to.

escobert
05-17-2015, 04:34 AM
Every day-ish.

Night Fury
05-17-2015, 05:14 AM
I talk to my Dad a lot. My Mum... not so much. She has my phone number here but never calls, she's really stopped messaging me a lot and will now only really reach out to me if she wants something or if she needs to bitch about someone and stuff I don't care about. She is there for me when I need a help with money or something but she never just asks me how I am.

Shorty
05-17-2015, 08:44 AM
I talk to one of my sisters a lot, almost every day. I talk to my mom a couple of times a week, and the other two sisters a couple of times a month.

noxious.sunshine
05-18-2015, 12:21 AM
I make sure to call my dad at least once a week.

I would call him more often, but sometimes it's hard to find things to talk about, so I just call once a week when I have a few things to tell him about. I love my dad to bits though. I miss him a lot.

I FaceTime with my little girl now that we've got an iPad mini. Sometimes she calls me on there 2 or 3 nights in a row! It's so awesome that we can do that now. Being able to see her gorgeous face makes being away from her a bit easier.

I text with my sister some and we communicate through Facebook but we never talk on the phone just to chit chat anymore. She did drunk dial me last weekend and we talked for an hour and that was awesome. It was just like old times. Before we stopped getting along.

I don't talk to my brother if I can help it. He's a terrible human being and it's emembarrassing for me to admit that we're even related.

That's about it.

Crop
05-18-2015, 12:24 AM
I talk to my parents quite a lot, especially my Mum. I speak to my Grandparents fairly often too and one Aunt and Uncle. Other than that I have absolutely no interest in speaking to any of my other family members at all, even though I love them dearly!

Formalhaut
05-18-2015, 12:29 AM
Oh wow, this is embarrassing.

I haven't spoken to my mum in over a month. I imagine the next time I see her I will get a right bollocking. As for my older three brothers, I've not spoken to my brother in Japan for years, so I assume he's doing fine. My oldest brother I haven't spoken to properly since Christmas and I rarely speak to my third oldest brother when I'm back in the family house in the first place, so I've not spoken to him at all either.

Kalevala
05-18-2015, 01:00 AM
I try to call my parents once a week or so. One of my sisters and I text regularly. Anything else is limited to family get-togethers. Although, I'm moving to Toronto in a few months and more of my family lives there.

Shaibana
05-23-2015, 05:10 PM
other then mt imediate family (mom, dad, sis)
i pretty much dont talk to my family at all. i dont like them and i stop
givin smurfs about them a long time ago.
i only speak the them when they come over here (wich is not that often luckely).
then the conversations is short and ill be doing my own thing

Chibi Youkai
05-27-2015, 02:11 AM
Mom and Dad, once or twice a week. Extended family, maybe once or twice a year.

Sephex
05-27-2015, 03:01 AM
I picked the varies option because I see my mother and father a few times a week (though that will probably not happen as often once my girlfriend moves in soonish) since I live a short drive away. I talk to my sister online pretty often. Other family members I correspond with on Faceebook or whatever for the most part.

Bubba
05-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Vary rarely. I rang my Mum the other night for the first time in about two months. I will make more of an effort with everyone once Baby Bubba has arrived... and our house is finished!

zackk
05-28-2015, 03:46 AM
I talk to them for the most part of the week. Family first, as they say.

TrollHunter
06-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Ever since my parents moved across the country I've tried to make it a point to call them once a week at least.
I dont talk to my sister much really, and she apparently just moved to Texas so I should start calling her. I never really know what to talk about with her though so it's a wee bit awkward.
Me and my brother don't really need to talk. Our relationship is essentially us sending eachother weird gifs and anime recommendations. This has actually been our relationship since we were little kids. We were never super involved in eachother lives, but our taste in everything is so similar that we show eachother everything that we find.

The rest of my family is essentially full of a bunch of hypocritical and judgmental pricks so I talk to some of them maybe... once every few years.

Freya
06-09-2015, 09:49 PM
My dad is my boss so I see him everyday.

I have an ongoing fb chat with my sister and mother. And I call my mom everyday on my way home from work.

FFNut
06-09-2015, 10:08 PM
My Dad and I have become really good friends as I've gotten older. I talk to him the most out of all my family, next would be one of my sisters. Not often but we do chat and I enjoy it every time we do. My other sister never. I'm still waiting on a apology from her and let her know that I won't talk to her until she does. My mom I usually give a quick hello to when I talk to my dad.