PDA

View Full Version : What would the female version of James Bond be like?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2015, 01:58 AM
I think if there was ever a James Bond in chick form, she would probably be like Mary-Jane Watson from the Spider-Man comics. Except stronger, tougher, and an alcoholic, she probably have a taste for the finer things in life such as beluga caviar, she'd spend all her time in the bathroom like Daniel Craig's Bond, and it goes without saying that she'd have an accent of some kind.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-06-2015, 02:38 AM
I can dig this idea.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2015, 03:06 AM
I can dig this idea.

The only thing is, I can't imagine what it would be like to be seduced by a female type of James Bond.

Night Fury
05-06-2015, 03:41 AM
Maybe she'd be seducing women

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2015, 03:45 AM
Maybe she'd be seducing women

Maybe. Or maybe she's bi-sexual.

Ayen
05-06-2015, 03:55 AM
I demand she wears a suit because women are damn sexy in a suit.

krissy
05-06-2015, 03:59 AM
Jane Bond

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2015, 04:13 AM
I demand she wears a suit because women are damn sexy in a suit.

If she wears a suit, I wonder if she wears it like the Daniel Craig Bond, with disdain.

Old Manus
05-06-2015, 08:13 AM
That's just how I wear my suits!

Mirage
05-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Jane Bond

This is literally what I was gonna say

Bubba
05-06-2015, 12:39 PM
She'd be a woman for definite.

Mirage
05-06-2015, 03:19 PM
The only problematic thing about this to me, would be how they would market a movie by the title of "james bond" without having a main character named james bond in it. "Jane Bond" on the movie cover or cinema poster is going to make it sound like it is a spin-off of the James Bond franchise.

I would certainly welcome a jane bond, if they just figured out a cool way to market the movie.

maybee
05-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Jane Bond

Basically this. The same character, expect female.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2015, 04:54 PM
The only problematic thing about this to me, would be how they would market a movie by the title of "james bond" without having a main character named james bond in it. "Jane Bond" on the movie cover or cinema poster is going to make it sound like it is a spin-off of the James Bond franchise.

I would certainly welcome a jane bond, if they just figured out a cool way to market the movie.

Who says it has to be a movie? How about a comic book series about a female type of James Bond?

Mirage
05-06-2015, 05:25 PM
I says.

Doesn't change things though. Marketing something as james bond without having a james bond in it makes it seem like a spinoff. i want it as a main dish

Spooniest
05-06-2015, 05:34 PM
I agree with this idea

But she has to order her martini shaken, but not stirred. ;)

DMKA
05-06-2015, 11:59 PM
I'm all for some sort of spinoff where it's a female equivalent to James Bond. Making a female "James Bond" would just be silly though. :p

krissy
05-07-2015, 04:41 AM
i dont see why not
some agree that the name and the designation 007 is passed on through people regularly
"007's don't have a long lifespan" i think something like that came up in the movies
fleming would probably spin in his grave or whatever but i mean

BlackFire
05-08-2015, 05:16 AM
It sounds like a cool idea. But not as a spin-off to James Bond and not in the Bond universe.
A female spy heroine who is a badass and a really goid fighter.
Now who do we know of who is like that?

Ayen
05-08-2015, 05:22 AM
It sounds like a cool idea. But not as a spin-off to James Bond and not in the Bond universe.

Black Widow. Seriously don't know why this movie hasn't been made yet.

BlackFire
05-08-2015, 05:33 AM

Black Widow. Seriously don't know why this movie hasn't been made yet.

The MCU is slacking. Of all the Marvel heroes in the MCU, Black Widow should really have her own film. But at this point only a little of her back story has been explained.

Miriel
05-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Did none of you watch Alias? Sydney Bristow was the most badass spy around.

Also, not sure if y'all are aware but traditionally male names for girls is totally the trendy thing these days. Ryan Renolds and Blake Lively named their baby girl James. James as a middle name for girls was also pretty popular amongst a certain crowd last year. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard named their girl Lincoln. I think Jessica Simpson named her daughter Maxwell. So yeah, there's gonna be a generation of girls with traditionally male names so a female "James Bond" isn't that much of a stretch.

BlackFire
05-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Did none of you watch Alias? Sydney Bristow was the most badass spy around.

Also, not sure if y'all are aware but traditionally male names for girls is totally the trendy thing these days. Ryan Renolds and Blake Lively named their baby girl James. James as a middle name for girls was also pretty popular amongst a certain crowd last year. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard named their girl Lincoln. I think Jessica Simpson named her daughter Maxwell. So yeah, there's gonna be a generation of girls with traditionally male names so a female "James Bond" isn't that much of a stretch.

Oh yea. I forgot about Alias. It has been a few years since I watched it. Seen all episodes.
Sydney is the perfect equivlent of a James Bond type character.

As for girls taking on male names more and more. There's bound to be confusion.
"My friend James is AWESOME!"
"What is so awesome about him?"
"Him? He is a she!"
"A She?!?!?"

See what I mean?

Ayen
05-08-2015, 08:24 AM
I always forget that show existed until I see a cast member on something else.

Leigh
05-10-2015, 11:45 PM
For no objective reason what so ever, the idea of this makes me face plant. Make a super cool spy character, with no relation to the 007 franchise and I'm all good for it. But simply making some artificial reconfiguration of a pre-existing movie-verse just reeks of Generation X and Y's inability to invent an idea from scratch, instead of bathing in the richness of an older and more creative generation of folks.

We got James Pond in the late eighties, that's enough. :p

Ayen
05-11-2015, 12:27 AM
For no objective reason what so ever, the idea of this makes me face plant. Make a super cool spy character, with no relation to the 007 franchise and I'm all good for it. But simply making some artificial reconfiguration of a pre-existing movie-verse just reeks of Generation X and Y's inability to invent an idea from scratch, instead of bathing in the richness of an older and more creative generation of folks.

You mean the same generation who gave us Supergirl, Batgirl, and a bunch of other female versions of popular characters to appeal to a female demographic instead of making a new superhero from scratch?

That generation?

Leigh
05-11-2015, 07:00 AM

You mean the same generation who gave us Supergirl, Batgirl, and a bunch of other female versions of popular characters to appeal to a female demographic instead of making a new superhero from scratch?

That generation?

At least they created the original vision in order to invent the bastardised derivatives. ;) Making everything dark and brooding is the early 21st century equivalent of the 1980s ambition to have a Pepsi trademark in every frame of a motion picture.

Make a character that works. A female James Bond would just be cringeworthy, and belongs on fanfiction.net, where the rest of the internets bad ideas exist. :p

I'm not a fan of the baby boomers, but they invented the Web, so I exclude them from severe lambast...despite screwing up every other facet of life. :p

Ayen
05-11-2015, 07:09 AM

That generation?

At least they created the original vision in order to invent the bastardised derivatives. ;) Making everything dark and brooding is the early 21st century equivalent of the 1980s ambition to have a Pepsi trademark in every frame of a motion picture.

Make a character that works. A female James Bond would just be cringeworthy, and belongs on fanfiction.net, where the rest of the internets bad ideas exist. :p

I'm not a fan of the baby boomers, but they invented the Web, so I exclude them from severe lambast...despite screwing up every other facet of life. :p

Considering both Superman and Batman were created in the thirties before the Baby Boom period, no, they didn't.

Leigh
05-11-2015, 07:16 AM

That generation?

Considering both Superman and Batman were created in the thirties before the Baby Boom period, no, they didn't.

I wasn't relating to the baby boomers as being the hallmark of creative genius. I was referring to the earlier generations of Flemming, Tolkien, etc. It was more of a tongue in cheek dig at my parents mostly knackered cultural heritage, but at least they did one thing okay-ish...even though it may or may not allow a paedophille superhighway to grace the world. :p

Richard
05-12-2015, 10:02 PM
I'm wondering what a female James Bond would look like.

Araciel
05-14-2015, 05:50 AM
I'm wondering what a female James Bond would look like.

Yes, they've already made several.

Vincent Valentine
05-14-2015, 12:40 PM
Wouldn't a female James Bond just be the exact same character with a different gender? Seems slightly redundant.

She would drink fine spirits, use her good looks and charm to seduce men (because Bond is straight), and drive expensive cars lots of expensive cars. She would wear a dress, not a suit, because that's the sort of outfit that would attract the attention of the kind of people she's been sent to deal with.

Hypocritical misogynists would then proceed to call her a "slut" because she sleeps with men to get the job done, while radical feminists would call her "sexist", because she sleeps with men to get the job done. Despite being the exact same character as the male Bond, and doing the exact same things he does.

blackmage_nuke
05-14-2015, 03:54 PM
The question is as the series goes on would they use an older woman in her 30s/40s or would they keep replacing her with someone young with smooth skin. We dont usually see many older female protagonists unless it's a comedy. The only older woman as an action actor I can think of is Helen Mirran and I havent seen her as a protagonist in any such movie.

Loony BoB
05-14-2015, 04:03 PM
I know it's not exactly the same, but I can't help but be reminded of an old series called La Femme Nikita. I didn't pay it too much attention, but my Mum watched it often and it always struck me as a female Bond kind of thing.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2015, 12:07 AM
Could you imagine what it would be like to be in either Vesper or Tracy's position, except the gender roles are reversed, you have a female James Bond type of spy confessing her love to you, shortly before you're about to be killed by something or someone?

I don't know about you, but I could die peacefully knowing that I was loved by a female James Bond.

Ayen
05-15-2015, 12:11 AM
Wouldn't a female James Bond just be the exact same character with a different gender? Seems slightly redundant.

She would drink fine spirits, use her good looks and charm to seduce men (because Bond is straight), and drive expensive cars lots of expensive cars. She would wear a dress, not a suit, because that's the sort of outfit that would attract the attention of the kind of people she's been sent to deal with.

Hypocritical misogynists would then proceed to call her a "slut" because she sleeps with men to get the job done, while radical feminists would call her "sexist", because she sleeps with men to get the job done. Despite being the exact same character as the male Bond, and doing the exact same things he does.

All of this. You hit the nail on the frigging head, my friend.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2015, 12:25 AM

You know, an old guy working at my school asked a question like that. He said, "Why is a woman who sleeps with a thousand guys called a slut? And a guy who sleeps with a thousand girls called a stud?"

And I didn't say this to him at the time, but I think what Hypocritical misogynists believe about a woman who sleeps with that many men, is that she's "easy," and that she has no high standards when it comes to sleeping with men. And that's probably a common misconception.