PDA

View Full Version : Persona

Pages : [1] 2

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 03:56 AM
So I am now playing Persona 3 Portable and I thought it might be a good time for another one of these threads. I just fought the bosses with the lover and whatever the other one was

I really really like the social aspect of the game, but I do not like the dungeon at all. There's just too much of it. So I try to get it done in one day but it's pretty not fun at all. And it takes like 3x the time as the social aspect. The days go pretty fast

So I had some questions:
-Does rescuing the people do anything? Because if not I'm not going to bother. I hate the dungeon and I don't want to have to keep going back
-When it's summer and school is out, can I still interact with the people from school? How does that work? I'm kind of worried because I don't have my school social stuff maxed out :ohdear:

My favourites so far are Saori and Fuuka. Saori is super sweet and pretty :flirt:

I plan to try Persona 4 on the Vita at some point. Feel free to discuss all the Personas! Any tips and advice are appreciated :jess:

Ayen
05-09-2015, 04:08 AM
I only played a little bit of the beginning of the first one when I was testing to see if it would work. I'll probably pick up the later titles when I can. I like the whole psychological thing the series has going for it. My aunt was explaining the premise of the games while trying to remember what it was called and kept looking at me and I had no idea what she was talking about. My cousin's a big fan of them. I guess you can even talk to the monsters and whatnot in the older games. That's cool.

Skyblade
05-09-2015, 05:34 AM
So I am now playing Persona 3 Portable and I thought it might be a good time for another one of these threads. I just fought the bosses with the lover and whatever the other one was

I really really like the social aspect of the game, but I do not like the dungeon at all. There's just too much of it. So I try to get it done in one day but it's pretty not fun at all. And it takes like 3x the time as the social aspect. The days go pretty fast

This is what I meant when I said the game has terrible pacing.

The game is built around you visiting the dungeons over and over again over time. But the game heavily rewards rushing the dungeon in a single visit (because the dungeon takes away time that you could use to socialize more). So you wind up stuck in the dungeon for hours before finally getting back to the writing. Even if you like the dungeons, it is HORRIBLY paced.

So I had some questions:
-Does rescuing the people do anything? Because if not I'm not going to bother. I hate the dungeon and I don't want to have to keep going back

Most of them are minor rewards, but you have to rescue Bunkichi in order to unlock the Hierophant Social Link. And there's another Social Link member who gets lost in Tartarus later.

-When it's summer and school is out, can I still interact with the people from school? How does that work? I'm kind of worried because I don't have my school social stuff maxed out :ohdear:

Yes and no.

You can interact with some of the school individuals, but most of the Social Links in school clubs or sports can't be progressed.

Worry not. You still have the entirety of the fall semester to go.

My favourites so far are Saori and Fuuka. Saori is super sweet and pretty :flirt:

Both are awesome, but there are some you don't have yet that I like even better!

I plan to try Persona 4 on the Vita at some point. Feel free to discuss all the Personas! Any tips and advice are appreciated :jess:

If you like Persona 3, you'll probably like Persona 4 Golden as well. The dungeons are FAR more interesting than Tartarus (on a theme and style level, at least, the structure doesn't change a lot), and less tedious thanks to some improvements (like the ability to choose what abilities a fused Persona inherits). And there are some more fantastic Social Links.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-09-2015, 05:36 AM
To answer your questions, Pumpkin:

Yes, you get some pretty hefty rewards for rescuing the people. Plus some of the people you rescue are Social Link members, so if you leave them in the dungeon, that link is permanently stuck at whatever rank it was at before they disappeared. I would recommend waiting until near the end of the month to go into the dungeon, that way you can rescue everyone at once AND do the dungeon progression all in one trip. Makes it much simpler.

No, you can still interact with your party members, but most school-specific social links are suspended during the summer, with the exceptions being that sometimes they'll ask you out on a date, which will raise their relationship with you, but won't result in an actual link up, as well as Chariot. You will go away for a few days for a competition, after which your relationship will go up quite a bit, but again, no rank up. Also, one of the playable characters from P4 makes a brief cameo during this, since you're playing as the female character. In reality, unless you're playing with a guide, you likely won't max out all your social links on your first playthrough. But that's what New Game + is for!

I really love the Shin Megami Tensei series as a whole, but the Persona games stand out to me more because I enjoy the stories and connecting to the characters on a more personal level, which is something you don't get AT ALL with other SMT games. Persona 3, though, is DEFINITELY my favorite RPG I've ever played so far, and I'd really recommend getting fully invested in it. Let yourself fall in love with the characters and storyline, etc, because the emotional payoff with it is amazing. I know I shed more than my fair share of tears playing it.

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 05:37 AM
sharky has actually taken a liking to it watching me. He says it seems really interesting. But he also doesn't like the dungeon because all the floors look relatively the same so it gets repetitive. He might end up giving it a try!

He says Saori is creepy though and she's not creepy she is awesome :nonono:

Oh and thanks for answering my questions guys!

Ayen
05-09-2015, 05:41 AM
After a while every dungeon starts looking the same.

I'm just saying.

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 05:42 AM
This one is worse than most I've seen. It's like 30 floors of the same darn thing. THIRTY

And then you get to do another 30 floors yaaay

I want to at least max out my relationship with Saori and Rio(? I think is her name? Volleyball girl) and the old couple because they're sweet. I guess they'll still be available in summer though

Skyblade
05-09-2015, 05:44 AM
This one is worse than most I've seen. It's like 30 floors of the same darn thing. THIRTY

Don't worry. Persona 4 makes that aspect much less repetitive.

I want to at least max out my relationship with Saori and Rio(? I think is her name? Volleyball girl) and the old couple because they're sweet. I guess they'll still be available in summer though

Ok, so you already rescued Bunkichi. Good. Yeah, you can progress their Social Link during the summer.

Not Rio or Saori, though.

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 05:45 AM
I didn't think I rescued him. He's just kinda been there :shrug:

I'll be sure to rescue him if he goes missing though. Maybe I missed it somehow :lol:

Ayen
05-09-2015, 05:45 AM

Jesus Christ! That is ridiculous.

Fynn
05-09-2015, 05:47 AM
The dungeons will start looking a tad bit differeńt soon... But yeah, they're a drag :monster: Glad you enjoy the social aspect so much, though.

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 06:04 AM
Oh I also enjoy Fuuka's comments while I'm in battle

"There are 3 enemies!"

Thank you Fuuka, I can count.

"You defeated an enemy. Two enemies remain!"

Thank you Fuuka, I passed first grade math.

"Junpei-kun defeated an enemy!"

I know Fuuka, I was right there

Not complaining too much, it's actually pretty funny. Both me and sharky are just like "thank you Fuuka" every time she talks now

Ayen
05-09-2015, 06:07 AM
Not complaining too much, it's actually pretty funny. Both me and sharky are just like "thank you Fuuka" every time she talks now

Scotty_ffgamer
05-09-2015, 06:11 AM
I want to reiterate what other people have probably said, but don't worry about maxing out all of the social links on your first play through. Unless you are following a guide, it is pretty impossible. Just pick the ones that seem most interesting to you to follow.

I agree with the dungeons. They eventually feel a little different, but not by much. From what I remember, it always just felt to me like the same thing just with different colors and maybe slightly different looking textures eventually. There are aspects I like of it over Persona 4's dungeons, but Persona 4 gives a bit more variety in how the dungeons look at least.

I hope you enjoy the game as you play though! It's one of my favorites.

Fynn
05-09-2015, 06:32 AM

Oh, it is. The actress's flat delivery really causes the voice to be much maligned in the fandom. She's voiced by Paula Tiso, BTW, who voiced Lulu in FFX. I much prefer her Wendee Lee voice in Persona Q :monster:

Ayen
05-09-2015, 06:38 AM
I agree with the dungeons. They eventually feel a little different, but not by much. From what I remember, it always just felt to me like the same thing just with different colors and maybe slightly different looking textures eventually.

Makes me think of the first Zelda, except that game actually has an excuse for the dungeons being that way.

Fynn
05-09-2015, 06:40 AM
To be fair, Zelda was about dungeon crawling almost exclusively. It's only one of the elements for Persona.

Mirage
05-09-2015, 12:10 PM

"There are 3 enemies!"

You're gonna love P4's support character.

I agree with the dungeons. They eventually feel a little different, but not by much. From what I remember, it always just felt to me like the same thing just with different colors and maybe slightly different looking textures eventually.

Makes me think of the first Zelda, except that game actually has an excuse for the dungeons being that way.
Persona has an excuse too!

Fynn
05-09-2015, 12:47 PM

"There are 3 enemies!"

I LOVED HER SO MUCH!!!

Don't worry. I'll make certain mister J will have no choice but to evaluate that first-hand.

Mirage
05-09-2015, 12:55 PM

I LOVED HER SO MUCH!!!

I wasn't having her in mind.

Fynn
05-09-2015, 12:59 PM

I LOVED HER SO MUCH!!!

I wasn't having her in mind.

Oooh... Him... He's okay too :D I can actually do a perfect impression of his voice from Golden!

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Can't tell if sarcastic about me liking character? Are they similar to Fuuka or not at all?

Mirage
05-09-2015, 01:29 PM
not at all

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Oh I see!

Fynn
05-09-2015, 06:19 PM
I think you're gonna like them too.

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 06:58 PM
I am on floor 79 now and I saw this persona I want to fuse but I have to be level 30 and I'm level 25!!!!!!!!!!

Fynn
05-09-2015, 07:38 PM
What Persona is it?

Pumpkin
05-09-2015, 07:55 PM
I don't remember what it's called but it looks like a pretty lady!

Fynn
05-09-2015, 09:12 PM
A lot of them are pretty ladies.

Personally, I'm a big fan of cute Personas. Like Neko Shogun

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090313085055/megamitensei/images/5/57/Neko_Shogun.png

And then there's Mara.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111001020039/megamitensei/images/a/ab/Mara.JPG

Ayen
05-09-2015, 11:29 PM

Laziness isn't an excuse. :mymelbert:

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 12:24 AM
I really liked Jack Frost but I had to move on :(

It's a persona I get by combining Naga and Principality

Mirage
05-10-2015, 01:40 AM
A lot of them are pretty ladies.

Personally, I'm a big fan of cute Personas. Like Neko Shogun

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090313085055/megamitensei/images/5/57/Neko_Shogun.png

And then there's Mara.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111001020039/megamitensei/images/a/ab/Mara.JPG

Don't forget belphegor (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080806040210/megamitensei/images/4/42/Belphegor2.jpg).

Fynn
05-10-2015, 05:38 AM
Ah, the toilet demon!

I also always really liked Cthulhu's peek-a-boo dick.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080806040825/megamitensei/images/0/0e/Cthulhu2.jpg

Skyblade
05-10-2015, 06:58 AM
I am on floor 79 now and I saw this persona I want to fuse but I have to be level 30 and I'm level 25!!!!!!!!!!

There are only 3 Persona at level 30. Yatagarasu, which is a bird, King Frost, which is a giant Jack Frost type guy, and Oumitsunu, which is a large golem.

Let me think for a bit...

There's Leanan Sidhe at level 33. Or Sarasvati at level 27.

But unless I know what level Naga and Principality are at, I can't figure out which one comes from fusing them.

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 07:00 AM
It was Sarasvati but it says level 30 for me

I'm at 27ish now!

Ayen
05-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Ah, the toilet demon!

I also always really liked Cthulhu's peek-a-boo dick.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080806040825/megamitensei/images/0/0e/Cthulhu2.jpg

Now I can't unsee it. Thanks.

Skyblade
05-10-2015, 07:04 AM
It was Sarasvati but it says level 30 for me

I'm at 27ish now!

You're playing Portable, right? Sarasvati is supposed to be level 27 in that game. You get Sarasvati's Skill Card, Posumudi, once Sarasvati reaches level 30.

Fynn
05-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Don't the levels vary by difficulty level?

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Eh I probably looked at it wrong. I wrote it down this morning and I was still tired

Good news that it is 27 though so I can get the character now :flirt:

I'll double check tomorrow. Not super important anyway, just excited for the Persona!

Skyblade
05-10-2015, 07:21 AM

I don't think so. It would mess things up if you changed the difficulty mid-game.

But even if they did, I'm almost certain Pumpkin is playing on the lowest difficulty. There's no reason not to, higher difficulty doesn't change the story, and she doesn't like the dungeon sections.

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 07:22 AM
I am indeed on the easiest setting. If there's a difficulty setting, you can bet I'm on the easiest.

Anyways I probably just took my notes down wrong. It happens

Fynn
05-10-2015, 09:29 AM

I don't think so. It would mess things up if you changed the difficulty mid-game.

But even if they did, I'm almost certain Pumpkin is playing on the lowest difficulty. There's no reason not to, higher difficulty doesn't change the story, and she doesn't like the dungeon sections.
I don't think you can change the difficulty mid-game here. I think that's Persona Q only.

Bright Shield
05-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Persona 4 improves many of the things that annoy you in 3. Story and characters are a matter of taste, but 4 fixes pretty much all of your gameplay issues.

It's one of my favorite games ever. Get the improved Golden version if you can, if not P4 on the PS2 still holds up just fine. :)

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
I almost got P4 Golden yesterday but I bought a fighting game instead because I already have a lot of RPG's going. I do plan to try it at some point

I am at the point where we went to girly's dad's house at the beach and got the robot girl. Haven't played since last night. They threw a lot of scene at me there all at once. The story is pretty interesting and I like the characters.

Fynn
05-10-2015, 08:44 PM
I almost got P4 Golden yesterday but I bought a fighting game instead because I already have a lot of RPG's going. I do plan to try it at some point

I am at the point where we went to girly's dad's house at the beach and got the robot girl. Haven't played since last night. They threw a lot of scene at me there all at once. The story is pretty interesting and I like the characters.

It'll be a while before you beat P3P anyway, and even if the physical copies of Golden are out of stock, you can always get it off PSN ;)

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 08:54 PM
They had two copies at our tiny GameStop where they hardly sell any Vita games, so I think it'll be okay! It's pretty affordable, which is nice

Pumpkin
05-11-2015, 03:31 AM
Saori and my relationship is in a rut :G:G:G:G:G:G

Ayen
05-11-2015, 04:55 AM
Buy them flowers?

Fynn
05-11-2015, 05:49 AM
Just give it time. Don't worry ;)

Pumpkin
05-12-2015, 01:35 AM
So I feel like I'm doing the dating sim wrong because there hasn't been any romance :(

Also, random question: I'm playing the girl and all the girls sleep on the 3rd floor and the boys on the second. If I had played the boy would my room be on the 2nd floor or would it be switched so that boys sleep on the 3rd floor?

Aigis is at level 29 and I'm at 27, I hope I'm not too under levelled for the upcoming boss

Mirage
05-12-2015, 04:25 AM
I think your room would have been on the 2nd.

Kalevala
05-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Mitsuru is my waifu.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-12-2015, 06:02 AM
WaiFuuka. Nothing more.

Wolf Kanno
05-13-2015, 01:14 AM
So I feel like I'm doing the dating sim wrong because there hasn't been any romance :(

Romances don't really kick in until you're a sufficient rank. The Girl also has to do some special choices to get some of the relationships to open up.

Also, random question: I'm playing the girl and all the girls sleep on the 3rd floor and the boys on the second. If I had played the boy would my room be on the 2nd floor or would it be switched so that boys sleep on the 3rd floor?

They're on the second floor.

[qutoe]Aigis is at level 29 and I'm at 27, I hope I'm not too under leveled for the upcoming boss[/QUOTE] Farm the glowing Red Shadows to level up quickly, but really all you need are the right personas to overcome most bosses. The story bosses are also more gimmicky/puzzle base than the ones in Tartarus where levels do matter.

Pumpkin
05-15-2015, 06:06 PM
How important is having the newest equipment, because I'm kind of poor >.>

Fynn
05-15-2015, 06:12 PM
I don't think it's that necessary. Especially on your difficulty.

Pumpkin
05-15-2015, 06:13 PM
that's a relief then!

Pumpkin
05-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Another Persona I want at level 35, and I am level 34. On floor 110. Almost done the next bit and then more free time yaaay:dance:

Skyblade
05-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Another Persona I want at level 35, and I am level 34. On floor 110. Almost done the next bit and then more free time yaaay:dance:

Which one? You should post your Persona list whenever you do an update so we can see which ones you like. They're kind of like Pokémon: Everyone has their own favorites.

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2015, 04:06 AM
Unless it's changed since FES, since I know P3P uses a lot of Persona from P4, it's likely to be Ganga.

Skyblade
05-16-2015, 04:22 AM
Unless it's changed since FES, since I know P3P uses a lot of Persona from P4, it's likely to be Ganga.

Given that Ganga IS the only level 35 Persona in P3P... Yeah, you're probably right. Should have checked first, I guess.

Pumpkin
05-16-2015, 04:44 AM
Yeah, but turned out to be a bit of a disappointment since I'm not a huge fan of snakes :/. Didn't see the shadow well enough. Oh well, can just fuse it in to something else!

Pumpkin
05-16-2015, 04:54 AM
Oh also, I'm almost done the not-Tartarus part again because that part goes by in like 20 minutes and the dungeon goes by in NEVER IT NEVER ENDS :nonono:

But I did take Akihiko to some festival and he was all "You looking fine :smug:" and I was like "You know it :smug::smug:"

Ayen
05-16-2015, 05:42 AM
They're kind of like Pokémon: Everyone has their own favorites.

So you wanna be a Master?
Persona!
Understand the secrets and
Have some fun
So you wanna be a Master?
Persona!
Do you have the skills to be
Number one!?

Pumpkin
05-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Defeated September boss and up to block 4 of Tartarus

Saori and Rio are up to social link 9 but Akihiko is only 4 because I had to wait for my charm to go up enough :( Fuuka is at level 6 I think

Also I love Koromaru! I haven't been able to use him in battle yet though because his level is too high. Soon though! I think he's at 44 and I'm at 36 and a few characters are at 33? So I can use him when one of them levels up

Fynn
05-18-2015, 04:07 PM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/fe8bfbc79354429baf51609ba310ab79/tumblr_n7nj2wM4H31r0vexjo1_250.png

FFIX Choco Boy
05-18-2015, 08:36 PM
I'm going to be starting up P3P... again. I'll be trying to catch up to you, but this time I'm playing the male MC. I already 100% the female side, but now I want to see how the male side changes things.

Pumpkin
05-18-2015, 08:42 PM
It probably won't be hard for you to catch up, I'm going pretty slowly!

I do like the game, but not enough to go back and do the male story. I just... the dungeon stuff is just not worth it to do again :(

Skyblade
05-18-2015, 09:19 PM

I do like the game, but not enough to go back and do the male story. I just... the dungeon stuff is just not worth it to do again :(

The game does have a New Game+ feature. You carry over your level, all items and equipment, and once you get access to the Compendium, you can resummon any Persona you already registered.

Honestly, had I known you were starting this ahead of time, I would have volunteered to send you a NG+ file with my end-game equipment. Give everyone an Omnipotent Orb, and you are invincible to almost everything.

Fynn
05-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Where's the fun in that, though? ;)

Who knows? Maybe someday Pumpkin will for some odd reason feel compelled to replay it. Honestly, I didn't feel I would replay it the first time around either.

Still, even if she doesn't, she can always look up the boy route on Youtube ;)

Mirage
05-18-2015, 09:45 PM

In NGP, you'll burn through the dungeons really fast. You can even start a normal game from an easy "game cleared" file, if you want to do that. Only the main character keeps their levels, but don't worry, 2-3 battles in Monad and they'll be way overleveled compared to what's required for the first few dozen floors anyway.

Fynn
05-18-2015, 09:51 PM
I don't think that's possible in Portable.

Mirage
05-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Hm. Well that's a shame.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Was just telling Fynn that I've had an easier time wooing people in real life than I have Akihiko in this game

Fynn
05-19-2015, 06:40 PM
You'd have an easier time wooing a nun than Akihiko.

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Akihiko is pretty tough to date actually, not quite as difficult as Shinjiro and Ryoji but he's pretty tough since I don't think the dating option opens up until late in his social link and assuming you said the right things leading up to it.

Also I double checked and I think I misinformed you Fynn, you do get access to Monad in New Game + right off the bat. The difference now is that in the console versions, Monad unlocked automatically if you were on the path to the true ending on a first playthrough. Whereas P3P changed it so you had to beat the the Death Shadow first, which unlocked Elizabeth/Theodore's final request and Monad. So she can totally power through a second playthrough if she wanted.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 06:43 PM
I have no idea what a Monad is but I'm probably not interested

Fynn
05-19-2015, 06:47 PM
It's an additional layer of Tartarus.

Just think of it this way - you get to keep your character's level and Compendium on New Game +, so you could technically breeze through the game when replaying as a boy, but what about your teammates? You take them to Monad, power through once, and see those levels skyrocket. The rest of the game is no effort, only taking in the dating sim elements, and only entering tartarus sometimes for quests, and those stages become substantially shorter.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 06:48 PM
The boy looks dweeby though

Fynn
05-19-2015, 06:51 PM
He looks like I did in high school... :G

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image-171.jpg

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't even have a response

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2015, 06:55 PM
He's actually pretty sarcastic.

He's generally more aloof than the FemMC, but I feel it makes the ending have more impact actually as it comes across as more of a surprise where the FemMC's personality makes it obvious how the situation is going down.

Fynn
05-19-2015, 06:57 PM
He's actually pretty sarcastic.

He's generally more aloof than the FemMC, but I feel it makes the ending have more impact actually as it comes across as more of a surprise where the FemMC's personality makes it obvious how the situation is going down.

SHHHHHHHH :stare:

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Maybe I'll try it in a few years

No promises

Fynn
05-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Encouraged by Pumpkin, here's an interesting article on P3 I found today!

http://kotaku.com/5598679/what-i-discovered-from-gaming-like-a-girl

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 07:14 PM
I thought it was a good read, even if I don't agree with all of it. Like the author mentions trying to be likeable and sweet because she was playing a female character because those are the social expectations on women. She said when she plays a man, she felt more free to pick different options.

I try to be that character because it's who I try to be in real life and it's who I try to be in game when playing both male and female protagonists. I've played plenty of male characters and I choose responses to try and be likeable and sweet because I just want to make people happy. And for me personally, that has less to do with being female and more to do with being mistreated growing up and never wanting others to be made to feel like crap like I was. When I'm playing, I'll often say the nicer, more comforting things because I think it's just a nicer thing to do. The only thing I've been rude on his with the french exchange student because I find him creepy as all heck and that's where my line is drawn.

I've often wasted my free days spending time with someone I didn't want to (when I would rather be doing something else) because they called and I have a hard time saying no to people.

That isn't to say that some women don't face that issue when playing a female protagonist (obviously the author does) or that some of these issues don't exist, but from my own personal experience playing games, I find it easier to play a female, whereas the author seems to find it more challenging.

Also her spot on the tension of being leader vs Junpei, while real issues exist in the world as far as female authority go and how well they're respected, I didn't feel it boil down to a gender issue in this game. I got the impression Junpei would have been threatened either way because he feels so insignificant. Meanwhile the other males, like Akihiko, have no problem with me being a leader and show no disrespect towards having a woman leader.

This isn't to minimize actual gender issues, which do exist obviously, just comparing our different view points when playing the game. I haven't felt the same issues or pressure by playing a female. It is kind of bum that in a lot of dating sims, you'll only be able to play as a male or as a female with LESS romantic options. I am disappointed by that.

Fynn
05-19-2015, 07:19 PM
You don't like Bebe!? :onoes:

Also, if you're a boy, Junpei is upset too, but considerably more when you're a girl. And I also felt Yukari is much nicer when you're a girl.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm not huge on Yukari. She's a bit too aggressive for my tastes. I can see why but I can only handle that personality type in moderation :lol:

Fynn
05-19-2015, 07:24 PM
She and Junpei are my favorites because they feel the most human, but I've said that so many times already :monster:

Honestly, though? I don't think there's a single character that I dislike in this game. In the party at least.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l917z4a2vp1qd6x5to1_500.jpg

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 07:43 PM
I don't like emo dude we just picked up

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2015, 07:43 PM

Fynn
05-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Emo dude is best dude.

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2015, 07:46 PM
He's also the guy most people ship FemMC with.

Fynn
05-19-2015, 07:47 PM
YES!!!

Scotty_ffgamer
05-19-2015, 07:50 PM
I really want to play this again now, but I have too many other games I need to play. Maybe I'll pick up P3P next time it's on sale and try out FeMC.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 07:52 PM
Also, if you couldn't tell, I'm bad with names xD

We have me
Akihiko
Dog I really like
Yukari
Other girl
Fuuka
Emo dude
Junpei
Ken
Aigis

Umm old couple
Saori
Volleyball girl who might be named Rio
Student Counsel people
French exchange student
Girl who wants something I don't have
Elizabeth
Creepy Persona Fusing Guy
Girl who picked on Fuuka
Study Wolf
Dorm Manager Guy who I am Highly Suspicious Of
Teacher 1
Teacher 2
Teacher 3
Crazy Teacher
Volleyball Girl's Friend
Volleyball Girl's Friend's Boyfriend
Volleyball Girl's Boyfriend

Cop Guy
Girl in Store

Creepy Shirtless Bad Guy
Other Bad Guy
Junpei's Girlfriend
Creepy Kid I kind of want to stab

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2015, 07:54 PM

Skyblade
05-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Girl who wants something I don't have

If that is Maiko, the little girl in grade school, you need to buy some Takoyaki from the strip mall. One of the shops on the bottom floor, the same floor as the bookstore.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 08:17 PM
I bought a whole bunch of stuff for her but apparently not the right thing :nonono:

She can just starve now. Spend all that money for nothing :colbert:

Fynn
05-19-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm sure you'll love her once you get to know her.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm not actually going to let her starve, but I AM UPSET FOR NOW!!!!

Mirage
05-20-2015, 12:01 AM
I have no idea what a Monad is but I'm probably not interested

It's like the basement of tartarus, where they keep all the real mean monsters

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm not actually going to let her starve, but I AM UPSET FOR NOW!!!!

I'm pretty sure you'll love her when you actually do her SL. She hit pretty close to home for me.

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm about to do the October boss(es) and I'm expecting stuff to go down soon because A) I've almost defeated all of the shadows and still have like half a year left and B) everyone is going on about how awesomely awesome the story is and so far, while good, it hasn't been anything remarkable. So we will see~

Also Akihiko take off that stupid band-aid it's been like 6 months you're not Nelly

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2015, 07:27 AM

Fynn
05-20-2015, 10:00 AM
Did you do the Moon social link like I told you?

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
I think so? Not the whole thing, no, but some of it

Fynn
05-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Okay, good :)

Concerning the article, I actually had it the other way around when it comes to romances. When I was a boy, I had no girlfriend, because every girl I got closer to started developing feelings for me and I didn't want anyone feel hurt, so I just spent more time with the girls. As a girl, I had three boyfriends. Minako was a player.

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Ahahaha

I've actually been avoiding most men because I don't want to be a player. Might be because I was cheated on like a bajillion times

Fynn
05-20-2015, 03:19 PM
I find the very idea of cheating repulsive. Perhaps it's just easier to role play someone you're not when you play the opposite gender.

The female links are cool in that you can go either lovers or friend route in them (though Akihiko is pretty risky in that regard). In P4 you can only play as a guy, but that system stays. The P3 boy HAD TO romance a girl to max the link.

Mirage
05-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah, that was the dumbest part of p3

I just pretended like we had broken up before maxing the next girl...

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Saori left me :(

Fynn
05-20-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry, Pumpkin :( Sometimes it's for the best.

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 06:14 PM
:G

Fynn
05-20-2015, 06:24 PM
You still have Rio!

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 06:28 PM
No, I maxed that one out too :(

She didn't leave but I mean the whole thing is kinda done now

Fynn
05-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Well then you still have Bebe :D

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 06:41 PM
:stare:

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Finish helping Fuuka with her cooking club. ;)

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 06:45 PM
I plan to but then she's just going to get old and die and leave me anyway not that any of it matters because in the long run, none of this means anything to anyone and we all die alone in the end

I do like the cooking club though :D

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Caught some apathy syndrome did we now?

Fynn
05-20-2015, 06:47 PM
I see Pumpkin finally got in the Persona mood :D

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 06:50 PM
On the brightside the Akihiko seduction is coming along. I wish I could have just seduced Saori instead and she'd be all "I'm going to another school" and I'd be all "NO WAIT" and we'd have a big scene in the rain with some 90's pop playing in the background and she's be totally okay with me stopping her last minute instead of being all "You had like 4 months, why wait until I'm leaving and have my ticket and everything?" like a normal person would and then the credits would roll

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Pumpkin
05-20-2015, 09:50 PM
I am sad because my first favourite Persona was Jack Frost but then he fell behind so I had to replace him. Then I got my second favourite Persona Sarasvati and now it's time to replace her too :(

Any other pretty ladies with ice abilities I can get in the early 40's level range?

Fynn
05-21-2015, 05:10 AM
Well, you can use Black Frost at level 34, and at level 47 you'll be able to fuse Parvati who is a very pretty lady.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080701232955/megamitensei/images/b/bc/Parvati.png

Pumpkin
05-21-2015, 05:14 AM
How do I fuse her :o

Fynn
05-21-2015, 05:17 AM
Ganga + Kikuri-hime

Or

Unicorn + High Pixie + Sarasvati = Gagna
High Pixie + Sarasvati + Gagna = Parvati

Pumpkin
05-21-2015, 05:19 AM
thanky

Scotty_ffgamer
05-21-2015, 05:19 AM
I always hated when I got attached to certain Persona and then had to move on to others. I think I kept Sarasvati for way too long.

Also with regards to romances, I like that P4 actually makes you feel like a terrible person if you romance multiple people. I also wish you could just be friends with girls and still max them out in P3. I couldn't help but feel a little bad the last time I played because I went for maxing all social links in one playthrough and had multiple girlfriends.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-21-2015, 05:26 AM
My favorite Persona is Alice. I had her until level 80 something...

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2015, 05:29 AM
My favorite Persona is Alice. I had her until level 80 something...

Pumpkin
05-24-2015, 09:47 PM
I got Persona 4 Golden! I'm going to wait until I finish up Tales of Hearts R or Persona 3 before I play it though.

I'm mostly excited because I like the little buttons you get on your PS Vita with each new game and I only have 2 so far >.>

Mirage
05-24-2015, 11:36 PM
that is a perfectly valid reason to be excited

Fynn
05-25-2015, 05:45 AM
If say don't start it until you finish P3. You might run into some spoilers.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-25-2015, 07:12 AM
There aren't really any spoilers in P4 for P3 except for references to and cameos of minor characters - which are to be expected anyways. You can honestly play them both side by side and it'll be perfectly fine.

Fynn
05-25-2015, 09:54 AM
There aren't really any spoilers in P4 for P3 except for references to and cameos of minor characters - which are to be expected anyways. You can honestly play them both side by side and it'll be perfectly fine.

Those things are still there. Plus, since the gameplay flows better, P3 might be more difficult to finish when playing side by side, considering how daunting Tartarus is. Plus, she's almost done.

I'd advise against it, but Pumpkin will do what she pleases.

Pumpkin
05-25-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm in November now, got some scenes and stuff and they wouldn't let me save for a while after a horribly long boss fight

Fynn
05-25-2015, 12:05 PM
You're nearly there, Pumpkins. Remind me, what exactly happens in November?

Pumpkin
05-25-2015, 12:08 PM
what's his name betrayed me to everyone's surprise somehow, despite being totally sketchy from the beginning. Probably other stuff, I dunno yet. I was tired

Mirage
05-25-2015, 12:12 PM
what was his name?

Pumpkin
05-25-2015, 12:13 PM
I can't remember. Hippy-Haired-Turtle-Neck-Guy

Fynn
05-25-2015, 12:23 PM
Ikutsuki. Smurf that guy.

Pumpkin
05-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Any good electric and fire personas? I have Saki Mitama and Samael, and Saki Mitama has been very useful, but they only attack one enemy and I'd rather be able to attack multiple enemies

Oh at level 50ish

Mirage
05-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Oh, that guy. I forgot that he even did that.

Fynn
05-25-2015, 12:57 PM
There's Hikuri-Hime (53) with fire:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141211080634/megamitensei/images/9/96/Kikuri-hime.png

Also with fire is Ose (44):

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080704190120/megamitensei/images/b/bf/Ose.png

Yaksini (50):

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080803032645/megamitensei/images/c/c5/YaksiniSMT.jpg

Oukuninushi (44):

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080708180553/megamitensei/images/0/05/Okuninushi2.jpg

Suzaku (51):

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110928000041/megamitensei/images/a/af/Suzaku.jpg

Dionysus (48) has thunder!

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110928004322/megamitensei/images/a/a2/Dionysius.jpg

Skyblade
05-25-2015, 01:31 PM
I got Persona 4 Golden! I'm going to wait until I finish up Tales of Hearts R or Persona 3 before I play it though.

I'm mostly excited because I like the little buttons you get on your PS Vita with each new game and I only have 2 so far >.>

Definitely finish Persona 3 first. But I hope you like the game!

Pumpkin
05-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks Fynn, I just got Ose so I'll see if he has what I need and I see the um... colourful man pop up often during fusion so I think I can figure out how to get that one.

The dungeon is getting hard and I don't like being on super easy mode and having it be hard :(

Fynn
05-25-2015, 04:41 PM
The easiest mode in P4 is even easier, so just rest assured that you'll have an even easier time in the next one ;)

Do you have anyone to grind for you, if you find it tiresome? Think Sharky would help you out?

Pumpkin
05-25-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure really. He doesn't know how to play so he'll probably just be worse off than me xD

I switched my party up so maybe it'll be easier. I'm going through SP really fast, I only make it about 4 floors before I have to go back and pay ridiculous amounts of money to heal. But I want to use each character to keep them all at around the same level and my last party was Aigis, who just throws he HP away like it's yesterday's trash, and Junpei, and Konomaru, who went through his SP incredibly fast. And they both do similar things. So I was also stuck being the healer, which I don't really like. I prefer being a backup healer.

Anyways my party now is Akihiko, Yukari, and Ken, so I have a healer and a backup healer so hopefully my SP can mostly be used for attacking now. We'll see how it goes

Fynn
05-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Megido spells are your friends ;)

Jessweeee♪
05-26-2015, 02:50 AM
I always hated when I got attached to certain Persona and then had to move on to others. I think I kept Sarasvati for way too long.

Neko Shogun. So cute. So adaptable to many situations :(

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2015, 02:57 AM

Skyblade
05-26-2015, 04:16 AM

It should have ended with him swiping wildly at a blue butterfly.

Pumpkin
05-26-2015, 04:30 AM
I had him in my roster to improve my relationship with Akihiko, but I never used him :shobon:

I'm still upset that the game is getting hard. If I put it on the easy mode, it should not be hard at all! If I wanted it to be hard, I would have put it on hard. I can't even afford to heal right now and I am quite frustrated and upset :colbert:

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2015, 05:20 AM
What's been the problem for the most part?

Scotty_ffgamer
05-26-2015, 05:35 AM
So I just want to say that I was watching some Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and it almost kind of bothers me right now that Edward has Junpei's voice. It's really making me want to play Persona 3 again.

Anyways, I remember P3 having a couple of troublesome spots even on easy mode. I will say that P4Golden's easiest mode is a complete walk in the park compared to P3's easy mode.

Mirage
05-26-2015, 11:58 AM
I had him in my roster to improve my relationship with Akihiko, but I never used him :shobon:

I'm still upset that the game is getting hard. If I put it on the easy mode, it should not be hard at all! If I wanted it to be hard, I would have put it on hard. I can't even afford to heal right now and I am quite frustrated and upset :colbert:

Easy doesn't exist in these games.

Easy is in fact normal, normal is hard, and hard is insane.

Fynn
05-26-2015, 12:14 PM
P4 Golden's normal mode is the easier shade of normal, while the easiest mode is the babiest of baby modes.

Pumpkin
05-26-2015, 03:39 PM

I have no money is the main thing and I'm almost out of SP and I don't want to go back out and come back in and I'm only at floor like 172 or something. I got more money in the dungeon and went back to heal but then it cost more to heal and I still didn't have enough money. I go through SP really quickly and can only do like 4 floors at a time before I need to heal, which is incredibly expensive to do

Skyblade
05-26-2015, 03:49 PM

I have no money is the main thing and I'm almost out of SP and I don't want to go back out and come back in and I'm only at floor like 172 or something. I got more money in the dungeon and went back to heal but then it cost more to heal and I still didn't have enough money. I go through SP really quickly and can only do like 4 floors at a time before I need to heal, which is incredibly expensive to do

I wonder...

Can you put your save file on your computer and upload it to the site? Maybe we could do some grinding for you.

Also, don't be afraid to grind on lower floors. You should be able to get through weaker battles with just auto attacks, and grind up money that way.

Pumpkin
05-26-2015, 03:52 PM
I don't think I can, my PSP isn't the most cooperative PSP in the world and it refuses to connect to the internet, but I appreciate the offer

I guess I might have to grind I just really don't want to. I just want to be finished with this stupid dungeon already :(

Fynn
05-26-2015, 04:28 PM
You're really near the top, though. Hang in there! :plumcheer:

Pumpkin
05-26-2015, 05:00 PM
Thank you :)

Also I really want a new weapon for Koromaru because I feel like I'm committing animal cruelty with the current one and it makes me sad :/

Skyblade
05-26-2015, 05:04 PM
I don't think I can, my PSP isn't the most cooperative PSP in the world and it refuses to connect to the internet, but I appreciate the offer

I guess I might have to grind I just really don't want to. I just want to be finished with this stupid dungeon already :(

You don't need to connect it to the Internet. You just need a cable to plug it in to the USB port on your computer. One of the cables for the PS3 controllers works perfectly.

Download the free program Media Go on your computer, it's a system Sony created to manage data on your PC. Plug in your PSP, transfer the files over, then save them somewhere you can upload them.

Pumpkin
05-26-2015, 05:05 PM
I will think about it. I'm not used to doing stuff like that so it makes me nervous. I'll use it as a backup plan if I just get too frustrated and want to quit or something

Mirage
05-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Are you exploiting weaknesses properly? And using the cheapest aoe spells to knock things down?

Pumpkin
05-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Yes and I do when I can. I don't have the lower level spells for some of them. I use the ones that attack multiple enemies if I have them because then it knocks them all down for one cost and the we do the big group thing and they die.

Oh also I installed P4 Golden on my Vita to get the little button and watch the little movie that plays when you start it up. It's ummm

it's quite loud and yellow

Skyblade
05-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Yes and I do when I can. I don't have the lower level spells for some of them. I use the ones that attack multiple enemies if I have them because then it knocks them all down for one cost and the we do the big group thing and they die.

Oh also I installed P4 Golden on my Vita to get the little button and watch the little movie that plays when you start it up. It's ummm

it's quite loud and yellow

I'm not a huge fan of the new opening movie. But if you just leave the game alone for a bit, it'll cycle around and play the original Persona 4 opening, which I think is much better overall.

Mirage
05-26-2015, 05:58 PM
You might want to look into making a persona that has all the cheap aoe spells, just for the purpose of mowing down things fast. Also remember that you don't always have to fight all the enemies on a floor

I like the original p4 intro better too. The yellow theme contrasts the blue of p3, I think. It was probably done on purpose.

Pumpkin
05-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I ended up leaving, selling some stuff, and taking my party off of auto-battle so they'll stop throwing SP away. So far it's been going much better but I just started, so we'll see how it turns out. I'll also see about making a persona like that

Fynn
05-26-2015, 06:02 PM
I quite liked the new Persona 4 opening :) The only thing I disliked about it is that they spoil all the party members with clear names for you. I mean, the original did that two, but we only got silhoutettes and blurred names in the background.

Pumpkin
05-28-2015, 04:30 AM
So far it's been much better with taking direct control of the party. I don't like it as much because the fights take longer and require I pay more attention, but it has gone more smoothly knock on wood

I've also found a party I really like using so I dunno if I should just keep them or keep switching it up. Probably be smarter to switch them all up but I can't even use Junpei and what's her name right now anyway

Skyblade
05-28-2015, 06:02 AM
So far it's been much better with taking direct control of the party. I don't like it as much because the fights take longer and require I pay more attention, but it has gone more smoothly knock on wood

I've also found a party I really like using so I dunno if I should just keep them or keep switching it up. Probably be smarter to switch them all up but I can't even use Junpei and what's her name right now anyway

Yeah, the AI is not the best in this game. Direct control really is the way to go. If you want to make things go faster, just Rush if you're over leveled.

If you have a team you like, use it. You can usually cover the team's weaknesses with your main character's persona regardless of what you go with, so just use your favorites. There are very few battles (if any that late in the game) that restrict your party.

Pumpkin
05-29-2015, 06:56 PM
I finished the stupid annoying dungeon finally AND I have just successfully seduced Akihiko :jess:!!!!

Fynn
05-29-2015, 07:02 PM
He's adorable, isn;t he? :3:

He was my boyfriend after Shinjiro got in a coma, so it was kind of a cool narrative, what with the additional loss of Shinjiro bringing the two lovers together :flirt:

Also, maybe it's for the best if you don't max Shinjiro. Akihiko's Persona upgrade scene is much more poignant when Shinji's actually dead instead of comatose. There's something about a hospital room that just sucks out all the drama out of that.

Skyblade
05-29-2015, 07:13 PM
He's adorable, isn;t he? :3:

He was my boyfriend after Shinjiro got in a coma, so it was kind of a cool narrative, what with the additional loss of Shinjiro bringing the two lovers together :flirt:

Also, maybe it's for the best if you don't max Shinjiro. Akihiko's Persona upgrade scene is much more poignant when Shinji's actually dead instead of comatose. There's something about a hospital room that just sucks out all the drama out of that.

Personally, I think it's the other way around. With Shinji dead, Akihiko finally comes to terms with it and gets closure. With him in a coma, he's hanging on forever, always waiting and never actually resolving that relationship or his feelings. It's crushing to realize that he's forever waiting for someone to wake up who never will.

Pumpkin
05-29-2015, 07:15 PM
I totally forgot Shinjiro exists

he didn't make much of an impression on me

It's even funnier because Akihiko just finished talking about him and I was like "Who? Ah whatever"

Skyblade
05-29-2015, 07:35 PM
I totally forgot Shinjiro exists

he didn't make much of an impression on me

It's even funnier because Akihiko just finished talking about him and I was like "Who? Ah whatever"

World's best girlfriend. :D

"My best buddy is in a coma in the hospital after trying to protect a kid."

"Who? Ah, whatever."

Mirage
05-29-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm actually playing this as well. Dug up a save i started last year. I am at floor 42 there. Where were you again, Pumps?

Pumpkin
05-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Umm floor 214 or something

Mirage
05-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Let's race to the end!

Pumpkin
05-29-2015, 07:40 PM
nooooo

Fynn
05-29-2015, 07:52 PM
You're gonna win, Pumpkin! Why pass up such an easy win?

Mirage
05-29-2015, 07:54 PM
I also play on normal. I have played the game before though so I know what to do. Maybe. If I remember.

Pumpkin
06-01-2015, 06:43 PM
I have been given some time to decide if I want to try and fight death or just go peacefully

I know what the game wants me to pick, but I'm seriously debating the bad option so I don't have to do anymore fights :shobon: Could just watch the better decision online or something. I dunno, knowing me I'll probably go all the way and kick myself for it the whole time

Mirage
06-01-2015, 06:57 PM
save, and do both

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Do both.

Pumpkin
06-01-2015, 07:01 PM
I'll probably do both eventually. But right now? No. I'm pretty worn out on this game tbh

Fynn
06-01-2015, 07:02 PM
It's really worth going the true ending route. You get to start one of the best social links, and you can actually not go to Tartarus until the very final day when the game makes you go.

Pumpkin
06-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Well I have a month to decide!

Which means about 10 minutes after I pick the game back up

Fynn
06-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Well, just keep in mind that there's really little of Tartarus left, that you can just skim through anyway, and then you can do it all on January 31st, so you actually get a whole month of uninterrupted socializing :monster:

And seriously, this is IMO the best part of the game and you'll miss out on it if you don't go the true route.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Do. Both. I can't stress it enough. You REALLY want to do the true ending.

Pumpkin
06-03-2015, 04:22 PM
I should be done this in a day or two. Maybe three

Pumpkin
06-04-2015, 06:59 AM
Alrighty, I finished the game! This is what I managed to accomplish:

Got up to level 73.
Revived Chidori which is apparently a thing that might not happen
Social interactions:
Junpei level 7
Fuuka maxed
Mitsuru level 6
Student council level 6
Old couple max
Yukari max
Rio max
Saori max
Ryoji level 2
Koromaru max
Girl at shrine max
Bebe level 3
Akihiko max
Aigis level 9

Also wanted to share this for Persona 3 fans :D
http://ancret.deviantart.com/art/How-Not-to-Play-Persona-3-167314327

So overall I enjoyed it although not going to lie, I was pretty ready to be done by the end of it. The social aspect part is really great and I enjoyed it, but the dungeon was difficult and long as all heck. And by the end of it I had done most of the social interactions I cared about and was pretty bored with that part as well.

But it was a fun game and I don't regret playing it at all. I don't know if I'm going to play it a second time though. As for Persona 4, I will play it when I finish the game I currently have going on the Vita and I'll revive this thread then! Probably a few weeks

Thanks for all the help and tips you guys :love:

Fynn
06-04-2015, 07:07 AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/RenaKazama/ryojiventures.jpg

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2015, 08:50 AM

FFIX Choco Boy
06-04-2015, 09:22 AM

:stare: Stop this. You're not allowed to make me feel my own feelings.

Fynn
06-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Looks like Wolf just unloaded a motherlode of pent-up Persona memes :D

Sephex
06-04-2015, 10:35 AM
I hear they are going to make a spin off series that tied in with Christian themes very closely.

It will be called Your Own Persona Jesus.

Fynn
06-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Persona 3 technically already has Jesus.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080701231312/megamitensei/images/2/22/Messiah.png

Sephex
06-04-2015, 12:48 PM
I have a confession to make. I never played any of the games and swung by the thread for a bad joke.

Fynn
06-04-2015, 12:54 PM
I figured as much.

You should definitely try it, though.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Burn my bread!

Pumpkin
06-04-2015, 03:49 PM
you guys are weird

Fynn
06-04-2015, 05:33 PM
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/Azure_Haseo/Ryojiventures.png

Pumpkin
06-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Yeah I was pretty much thinking I don't want that guy in my room

Also, I went back and read Fynn's entries on the Pearsauna games on his top games list and everyone was like they like both but P3 is better and now I'm like what if I like P4 better and then everyone will judge me and say I'm wrong :ohdear:

Or I could hate it, who knows :shrug:

Fynn
06-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Get, they're both excellent and there's a lot of people who prefer P4!

FFIX Choco Boy
06-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Get, they're both excellent and there's a lot of people who prefer P4!

Of course, those people are what I like to call... "Wrong". :colbert:

Mirage
06-04-2015, 08:38 PM
P4's story is just so... idk. The game never really tries to go more than skin deep in most things,

Pumpkin
06-04-2015, 08:42 PM
SEE IT'S ALREADY STARTING

Fynn
06-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Don't listen to them. That's the Apathy Syndrome talking.

Mirage
06-04-2015, 09:07 PM
It's good as a game, though. Maybe even better. The game just drops the ball on any character development that could have been interesting.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-04-2015, 10:21 PM
I still love P4, don't get me wrong. I just love P3 more. Especially as the female MC. And without Bebe.

Skyblade
06-04-2015, 11:59 PM
You probably will prefer Persona 4, Pumpkin. It's easier, and it's sillier.

Pumpkin
06-05-2015, 12:15 AM
And then Ill be persecuted for it :colbert:

Wolf Kanno
06-05-2015, 03:18 AM
P4 isn't bad, it's just that P3 dealt with heavier themes whereas P4 pulled back and focused more on the social link side of things. The game is really more about party becoming friends and dealing with realistic high school problems. P3 handled it's themes better but frankly the P4 fanbase seems larger because most Persona fans I've met missed out on P3 and really started with P4 due to Atlus' usual problems of making 100,000 copies.

I honestly feel you'll like P4 way better than P3 because it's more focused on the characters and doesn't take itself as seriously as P3 did. Besides, you must experience the awesomness that is Nanako.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-05-2015, 04:31 AM
I agree with everyone that says that you'll probably like P4 better. I like P3 much better personally for different reasons, but P4 plays better, has some great characters, makes the dungeon crawling have a little more variety visually at least, is easy, and has a lighter tone generally. It's an excellent game.

Pumpkin
06-05-2015, 04:32 AM
I like all the "P3 is better but you'll like P4 better" posts

Are we implying I have bad taste?

Oh and anyway, I'm further along in Hyperdevotion Noire than I expected so it will be maybe a week or two before I play, not 3 weeks to a month. Unless something comes up of course

Wolf Kanno
06-05-2015, 04:42 AM
It has more to do with this forum just having an abnormally large group of P3 fans. Most of the people I know irl prefer P4. P4 does a lot of interesting things, just not the type of things I care about which P3 did, but it comes down to personal needs and wants rather than saying one is objectively better than the other.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-05-2015, 04:49 AM
I just think you'll enjoy P4 more because while it has dark things in it, it's much less dark than P3 for the most part. I just remember you saying you don't like some of the darker games as much when discussing some of your issues with delving into Digital Devil Saga (or maybe one of the other Shin Megami Tensei games in Fynn's list of games thread).

I like P4 A LOT, so me saying you'd like it better while saying I prefer P3 is saying nothing about you having bad taste. I just think you have different tastes than me in things. P3 is something with themes and an overall story I enjoy more, but it's not necessarily the better game. They're both about even for me for different reasons.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-05-2015, 04:52 AM
The only reason I prefer P3 to P4 is because I weigh story heavier than I do gameplay. P4's Gameplay blows P3's out of the water. But, in my opinion, P3's characters, story, and music are the superior. (Though the music is hard to compare. P4's is much pop-ier, while P3's is darker and more alternative style.)

Pumpkin
06-05-2015, 04:53 AM
I don't mind dark stories and rather like them in some cases, but I dislike dark environments

Skyblade
06-05-2015, 05:10 AM

Oh and anyway, I'm further along in Hyperdevotion Noire than I expected so it will be maybe a week or two before I play, not 3 weeks to a month. Unless something comes up of course

What does taste have to do with anything?

Persona 3 is the better story. It's better told, has more solid theme work, uses characterization better, has better dramatic moments, etcetera.

Persona 4 is the better game. It gives you more control over your characters, has better combat flow, MUCH better dungeons, and streamlines a lot of the quirks of its predecessor.

And neither of these points have anything to do with what you like.

I mean, let's look at movies. I like Street Fighter The Movie (because Raul Julia is the best M. Bison ever). I don't like Citizen Kane (at all). Would I EVER pretend that Street Fighter is a better film than Citizen Kane? Heck no.

You can like a film, or a game, regardless of it's overall quality. You can also like it for different reasons. I adore Persona 3 because of it's overall brilliant writing and some of its characters. But I admit that it has its share of problems.

Persona 4 utterly destroys it in terms of gameplay. Even in terms of writing, it can hold its own. The relationship between Yu, Nanako, and Dojima in Persona 4 is an utterly brilliant family drama that I would put just as high, if not higher, than any relationship in Persona 3. The Social Links are far better written than the ones in the original Persona 3.

Persona 4 is actually probably the better overall game, if I'm analyzing things as objectively as possible. But Persona 3 is definitely the better piece of literature, because it has a main story that is basically FLAWLESS, and for that reason, I prefer Persona 3.

Also, you are absolutely going to love Nanako.

Pumpkin
06-05-2015, 05:13 AM
I was joking, I just thought it was funny that everyone was saying P3 was better but I'd like P4 better

Fynn
06-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Because you like adorable bubbly anime characters :exdee:

Mirage
06-05-2015, 08:28 AM

we're implying you like cute things

Pumpkin
06-05-2015, 12:05 PM
I do like cute characters!

Skyblade
06-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Behold: Chibi Persona characters! Because they weren't cute enough already!

That said, I don't think Pumpkin would like Persona Q. To dungeon grind heavy. But I think she'd like the chibis.

Pumpkin
06-07-2015, 05:12 AM
I'm actually going to start P4 now because I'm playing 2 strategy games and I need a break from one of them. So I'll play until I get my SRPG drive back up and then put this one on hold

Oh the girl who voices Chie is the same voice of the main character from the game I'm taking a break from :omgomg:

I love coincidences like that

Fynn
06-07-2015, 05:43 AM
Chie actually has a different voice in Golden than in the original. This was a big controversy.

Mirage
06-07-2015, 06:44 AM
Yes it was terrible

Fynn
06-07-2015, 06:56 AM
Erin Fitzgerald makes a fantastic Chie.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-07-2015, 08:12 AM
New Chie is WRONG. Just WRONG. Old Chie > New Chie any day.

Fynn
06-07-2015, 09:30 AM
You are wrong :colbert:

Old Chie is flat in comparison. And Chie isn't even that great a character, while we're at it.

Mirage
06-07-2015, 09:35 AM
ur dum

Fynn
06-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Your face is dumb

Skyblade
06-07-2015, 02:36 PM
I got used to new Chie within fifteen minutes of Persona 4 Arena. The actress does a perfectly acceptable job, and I have no idea what any of the fuss is about.

Mirage
06-07-2015, 03:05 PM
It's got nothing to do with how good a job she does. Jack bauer did an acceptable job with big boss as well, but I still don't like the actor change, just like i don't really like any actor changes. It's easier to ignore it if there was absolutely no other way, such as if one of them died or something. Dumbledore, for example.

Fynn
06-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Gambon!Dumbledore was way more awesome than Harris!Dumbledore, IMO. There's nothing wrong with a cast change from time to time.

Pumpkin
06-07-2015, 03:23 PM
I was most interested in black haired girl but I dunno. So far there's been aspects I like and some I don't and her character could go either way for me

Fynn
06-07-2015, 03:28 PM
You mean Yukiko?

Like I mentioned before, the characters are much more anime-y than P3, but that's not a bad thing! I genuinely like all of the party members (sans, as it turned out during my second run, Yosuke), especially the navigator (the voice is much better this time!) and another guy I'll keep quiet about for now ;)

Skyblade
06-07-2015, 06:18 PM
The characters in Persona 4 are great, and the stories they get are really fun.

But I miss S.E.E.S.

Pumpkin
06-07-2015, 09:43 PM
sharky and I were laughing about the "meteorologists predict a lot of fog over the next year" thing because he's a trained meteorologist and he says fog is one of the hardest things to forecast for. Plus no one forecasts that far in to the future. Then we were just making jokes about how apparently they should have used the murder trends to help them predict it more accurately

Also it is waaaay too yellow it gives me a headache

Fynn
06-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Pumpkin's nitpicking on P4 so far!

Who could have known! XD

Pumpkin
06-07-2015, 10:10 PM
I like the murder mystery aspect of it so far, I find that pretty interesting, and I like umm clumsy guy more than I thought I would. I feel bad because he keeps getting hurt and game is like "maybe you should leave him alone" and then I feel like game is making me a jerk.

But I haven't really started the social aspect part which was my favourite part of P3. tbh the story was fine in P3 but it was nowhere near my favourite video game story and I wasn't all that invested (sorry :shobon:) so I still can't tell if I'll like this game more or less

Fynn
06-07-2015, 10:15 PM
We'll see.

And yeah, I liked Yosuke a lot more the first time around. It's interesting - I didn't really care about Junpei at first, and later he became one of my favorite characters of all time. Yosuke went the opposite route for me, despite being basically the same archetype.

I just kinda think he deserves all that shit now, you know? :p

Mirage
06-08-2015, 12:16 PM
in somewhat related news, I've just started playing the answer again, and this time I'll not forget to finish it!

Pumpkin
06-09-2015, 05:16 AM
You should tell us how it goes Mirage!

So here are some general thoughts:

-Camera is terrible. I don't like staring at walls believe it or not!
-Yosuke has kind of gone down for me again
-Yokiko has gone up. She's quite adorable too
-Yes I had to Google these names
-I'm finding it rather overwhelming compared to the more point and click style of P3, having to walk around everywhere to see if there's someone new or something. I feel like I'm missing out on a ton of stuff
-Kou is quite adorable
-The girl from the drama club and the girl from the music club look like that style of the SMT and earlier Persona games that creep me the heck out. I don't know why, but they do
-I had a huge dilemma with music club girl about whether I should pick "effort is what matters" or "you are talented". WHICH ONE IS THE NICER THING TO SAY I DON'T KNOW IT WAS VERY CONFLICTING
-It really is overwhelmingly yellow
-I'm wondering what the number 5 over the fog day meant? 5 levels? 5 days? 5 hours? 5 gold rings?

Scotty_ffgamer
06-09-2015, 05:25 AM
I keep forgetting that P3P didn't have you physically running around the locations outside of the dungeon when you are doing the social link stuff.