PDA

View Full Version : >> What is so great about FNAF?

black orb
05-09-2015, 04:40 AM
>>> I played a bit of it and I was like.. Is not scary is not funny, playability sucks, WTF?
I must admit I have never been a fan of horror games because they dont scare and are boring as trout..:luca:

Ayen
05-09-2015, 04:56 AM
I would assume the animatronics, the isolation, the creativity, the jump scares, and the story. I think only one person made them, too, but I could be wrong about that. Not sure why you bothered to play it at all if horror games aren't your thing.

black orb
05-09-2015, 05:05 AM
I think only one person made them
>>> If thats true then kudos to the creator.. :luca:

Not sure why you bothered to play it at all if horror games aren't your thing.
>>> For the same reason I played Minecraft (i didnt like it either lol), is a popular game that everyone talk about so I have to give it a try..:luca:

Fynn
05-09-2015, 05:38 AM
Yeah... I learned I enjoy horror games, but FNAF was as scary as a sack of potatoes for me. Maybe it's because animatronics aren't really a thing here?

black orb
05-09-2015, 05:42 AM
>>> Want true Horror? make a game where your girlfriend gets a positive pregnancy test..:luca:

Fynn
05-09-2015, 05:50 AM
>>> Want true Horror? make a game where your girlfriend gets a positive pregnancy test..:luca:

That's actually a dream come true for me, bo.

Ayen
05-09-2015, 05:50 AM

That's actually a dream come true for me, bo.

black orb
05-09-2015, 06:12 AM
>>> Thats great :erm:, I would rather have Jason chasing me with a chainsaw.. :luca:

Fynn
05-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Horror is subjective! :monster: I guess if you're not in a long committed relationship and planning kids, that could be scary.

escobert
05-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Someone suggested a fnaf theme for our names in Town of Salem the other day. I had no idea what they were talking about.

Sephex
05-09-2015, 09:20 PM
The atmosphere and sound design really do it for me. I get that people hate jumpscares, and I usually think they are dumb, but I like they are used to show that the player screwed up instead of just having them there. The third game has them there without screwing up, but they are still there for "warning shots" so I still say the mechanic works. Oh, and the lore is fun to follow, as well.

This is one of those things where the hardcore fanbase really makes it tough for outsiders to get into it. People come up with their own theories and get really weird if you don't agree with them. The games also attract a lot of people who have to make Rule 34 artwork out of everything, despite the really screwed up reason why the animatronics are the way they are. Just overzealous fans in general. Not going to stop me from liking it, but I hate it when something I'm into has the be qualified with, "Don't worry, I'm not one of THOSE people."

black orb
05-11-2015, 02:49 AM
This is one of those things where the hardcore fanbase really makes it tough for outsiders to get into it. People come up with their own theories and get really weird if you don't agree with them. The games also attract a lot of people who have to make Rule 34 artwork out of everything, despite the really screwed up reason why the animatronics are the way they are. Just overzealous fans in general. Not going to stop me from liking it, but I hate it when something I'm into has the be qualified with, "Don't worry, I'm not one of THOSE people."
>>> Same here I never give a smurf about fanbases, if I think the game is good I will like it no matter what (which not the case here :shobon:)..:luca:

Sephex
05-11-2015, 03:37 AM
>>> Same here I never give a smurf about fanbases, if I think the game is good I will like it no matter what (which not the case here :shobon:)..:luca:

It's all good, man. Again, I'm not one of THOSE people. As much as I love the series, I can see the other side of the coin in terms of someone not being into it. I think the timing of it for me is why I got into it. I discovered the series just before it exploded all over the internet, so it helped that none of said fans were around by the time I was into it.