PDA

View Full Version : Blog Stats

Ayen
05-10-2015, 01:19 AM
I know there are several people here who have a blog, or had one. How often do/did you check your stats? I check mine regularly to see what kind of traffic I'm getting and what's getting the most views. I also enjoy seeing who's coming from which country. Just today I got visits from America, the Ukraine, United Kingdom, Poland, Australia, China, France, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Ireland. Though it's impossible to tell if these are real people or bots.

How about you?

Scotty_ffgamer
05-10-2015, 01:26 AM
I've always just assumed that most out of the country views I got was from bots, but I did start getting comments and emails from Russia (I think) from someone who wanted to translate my blog so people in Russia could read it. Unfortunately, that came at a bad time and I wasn't really writing anymore.

Colonel Angus
05-10-2015, 02:09 AM
I've always just assumed that most out of the country views I got was from bots, but I did start getting comments and emails from Russia (I think) from someone who wanted to translate my blog so people in Russia could read it. Unfortunately, that came at a bad time and I wasn't really writing anymore.
And that person is none other than Vladimir Putin. If it weren't for these turn of events, he would've found a career in translation instead of politics. Thank you, Scotty, for making the world a much worse place.

Ayen
05-10-2015, 02:18 AM

I like to think I have a loyal cult following in the Ukraine that parrot my opinions to alienate other gamers. The poor inFAMOUS community.

Pike
05-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Yeah I did it a lot to see who was linking to me or if someone "major" linked to me that day.

escobert
05-11-2015, 03:17 PM
I had a livejournal once when I was a angsty teen. does that count?

Pumpkin
05-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Often enough

Shorty
05-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Ah, I don't pay too much attention to countries of users; I pay more attention to the referring sites and keywords. If I got a huge boost from Russia or India or something, I would assume it's all bot business, as Scotty said.

escobert
05-12-2015, 04:05 PM
And that person is none other than Vladimir Putin. If it weren't for these turn of events, he would've found a career in translation instead of politics. Thank you, Scotty, for making the world a much worse place.

Hmm so Scotty gave Putin the old Hitler art treatment eh?

Drift
05-14-2015, 08:02 PM
I only check stats the day I do a post. Otherwise I forget xD