PDA

View Full Version : Illusion of Gaia

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 08:56 PM
I think this goes here because I think it's an Enix game

Anywho, I am just starting this game now as given to me by my boyfriend because Ico didn't work out! I haven't done much but it seems fun so far!

I've never actually played a super nintendo. I've played emulations and stuff but not really used the SNES before. Maybe for a few minutes. So this is all new to me!

I've heard about this game before. Has anyone here other than NeoCracker played it?

Colonel Angus
05-10-2015, 09:56 PM
I never played it.

The SNES era was great, though. One of the best in gaming history.

Spooniest
05-10-2015, 10:25 PM
I have.

When you get the Memory Melody, the music that plays always makes me get all misty eyed for my misspent childhood.

It's really a great story.

Del Murder
05-11-2015, 03:24 AM
This was a fun game and I liked switching the forms. I also got really sad when Hamlet sacrificed himself for the party.

Sephex
05-16-2015, 05:52 AM
As Pumpkin already know, I coincidentally started to play this game for the first time too (I did not see this thread before I started)! I knew about the game since the release, but it fell in the cracks of time until now. I am very much enjoying this game.

Randy
05-27-2015, 08:46 PM
This was actually the first RPG I ever played. I know it's a bit more actiony than most JRPGs but I think it still counts.

For some unknown insane reason, this was released in Europe back in the day despite the fact that we didn't get FF4, FF6 or Chrono Trigger. Weird set of priorities coming from Japan there.

Sephex
05-28-2015, 04:18 AM
Sweet, someone replied! So I beat this game a couple of weeks ago and I enjoyed it immensely. I plan on playing Terranigma next sometime (busy playing other games at the moment). But yeah, very enjoyable story, music, sound design, game design, and general atmosphere. I wish I would have played this when I was younger, but I might now have appreciated it as much because I could see some things in the game going over my younger head or just being too challenging for me.

Anyway, man, great game. It made me feel like I was playing a brand new SNES game even though I knew about it since the original release.

Pumpkin
05-28-2015, 04:19 AM
I'm at like the third dungeon :shobon:

Vyk
05-28-2015, 04:40 AM
I think Terranigma is the last in the series. Anyone planning on playing the first one? :P I think it's called Blazing Soul or something. It's quite a bit more dated. Very Zelda'esque if I remember correctly

Edit: Soul Blazer

NeoCracker
05-28-2015, 05:01 AM
Technically there was a fourth game they made on PS1 that didn't do well. It followed all the themes of the series, though I never played it.

I couldn't get into Soul Blazer though. Doesn't hold up to Illusions and Terranigma.

Sephex
05-28-2015, 06:35 AM
I think Terranigma is the last in the series. Anyone planning on playing the first one? :P I think it's called Blazing Soul or something. It's quite a bit more dated. Very Zelda'esque if I remember correctly

Edit: Soul Blazer

I do, and I have played a bit of that one. It has a lot of reused assets from ActRaiser (as did Illusion of Gaia, but with Soul Blazer the reused stuff is WAY more obvious). It is much more simplistic, but that's another one I do plan on playing fully eventually!

Pumpkin
06-03-2015, 07:25 PM
I SUCK SO MUCH AT THIS GAME IT IS GOING TO TAKE ME FOREVER

sharkythesharkdogg
06-03-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry. I forgot I was supposed to help. :(

Sephex
06-04-2015, 03:24 AM
I'm sorry. I forgot I was supposed to help. :(

More like Disillusioned of Gaia. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
06-04-2015, 03:42 PM
The game seems fun. I bought it around a year ago at a flea market, and never got around to hooking up the SNES to try it. :shrug: