PDA

View Full Version : What did you think was the worst Final Fantasy game?

Lazerface
05-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Which do you think was the hands down worse Final Fantasy game you ever played? To me it was XIII. Just an all around disappointment in my book. Good graphics but I think that's the only thing that barely save it.

Shiva95
05-12-2015, 01:33 PM
For me, it's Final Fantasy X-2. I loved FFX so much, so when I played FFX-2 I was pretty disappointed because it's really not as good as FFX.

Psychotic
05-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Depends. I mean, obviously something like the NES Final Fantasy titles aren't as good as anything that followed. No story, tinny and short songs, the barest minimum graphical representation. The gameplay is decent, although it's not the most intuitive or user friendly. I stress making a game user friendly is not the same as making the game easy!

However, if you look at the titles relatively as products of their era, the NES titles are comfortably some of the best games of their time with the technology available to developers. FFXIII is probably the worst by those standards. I would not find a place for it in the top 10 or probably even top 20 games of that console generation while I easily could for most of the other Final Fantasy titles.

Pumpkin
05-12-2015, 03:52 PM
I'd go with Crisis Core or Dissidia

escobert
05-12-2015, 04:07 PM
There is only one Final Fantasy game that I genuinely dislike. That is Final Fantasy X. I've never played X-2 but I'd probably hate that too. I couldn't stand a single character in X.

Ayen
05-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Final Fantasy XIII was the worst one out of the ones I played. It was just boring.

VeloZer0
05-12-2015, 05:14 PM
FF8. I wasn't particularly fond of the character/battle mechanics, but it was the story and characters that made me despise it.

Richard
05-12-2015, 10:10 PM
I thought XIII-2 was total crap.

Karifean
05-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Final Fantasy XIII was the worst one out of the ones I played.

^ This ^

I still liked it though and consider it a good game.

Fynn
05-12-2015, 10:35 PM
I kinda wanna say it, but I kinda don't wanna spoil my list, so... :erm:

Wolf Kanno
05-13-2015, 01:24 AM
Gee... I wonder. (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/161120-Wolf-Kanno-s-Bottom-Ten-JRPGs?p=3509804&viewfull=1#post3509804) :wcanoe:

Philosoraptor
06-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Main series wise, I enjoyed 8 the least. Of all the games in the franchise I've tried, though, the only one I've outright hated was FFIV: The After Years. I did the first three stories and thought each was worse than the last. Yang's blew goats with such panache that I've never gone back since beating the boss in the forest maze.

Fynn
06-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Since my list got blown up along with my hard drive, I guess I can say it already...

Worst numbered game: X and XIII (for different reasons, which is why I can't ultimately choose between the two)
Worst from the overall franchise: Dirge of Cerberus. God damn, that game was stupid.

Hollycat
06-27-2015, 10:51 AM
13 easily, followed by 3 and 4.

Egami
06-27-2015, 02:39 PM
XIII is the worst and the only FF I have played that I actually dislike.

theundeadhero
06-27-2015, 02:50 PM
XIII-2. It was so horrible. The excitement of a new FF game wore off quickly in that game, and it's the only one I ever just stopped playing and never picked back up. It was so bad I didn't even attempt to pick up Lightning Returns.

Electroshock Therapy
06-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Of the few that I've played, I enjoyed IV the least. It didn't have the charm that I - III or that V had. You were also constantly restricted to what felt like the worst party formations for most of the game. Also, I hear it's usually a bad idea to level up past 70, so I felt I unnecessarily worried about my levels through the entire game.

Mr. Carnelian
06-27-2015, 03:09 PM
I've only played a few - X, X-2, XII and the XIII trilogy - but my least favourite so far was probably XII.

I really liked it, but it felt like it went on a BIT too long.

Also, quite a lot of grinding was necessary to defeat the final boss. I don't mind having to grind to defeat optional bosses, but you ought to be able to defeat the main storyline boss pretty much by just playing the main storyline.

The combat system did start to bore me a bit in the last quarter, as well.

All that being said, I still think it's a really good game, which I very much enjoyed playing.

Fynn
06-27-2015, 03:52 PM
I've only played a few - X, X-2, XII and the XIII trilogy - but my least favourite so far was probably XII.

http://theblacksphere.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pearlclutching.jpg

FFNut
06-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Hands down XIII just sucked. I couldn't stand a second of it. I have a collectors issue of XIII-2 sitting in my place with the plastic still on it, not because I want to keep it mint, but because I hated XIII so much I have zero desire to even try that poor excuse of a square title. It was the only one I couldn't stand to finish besides VIII, which I may have been unfair to and will get back to it with a new look.

DMKA
06-28-2015, 12:08 AM
If we're talking about the mainline numbered games, I'd have to say Final Fantasy III.

Otherwise, Final Fantasy: All the Bravest is hands down the worst.

Ayen
06-28-2015, 03:55 AM

http://theblacksphere.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pearlclutching.jpg

How does it feel?

Elly
06-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Final Fantasy IX... i just really hated it's game-play, the story was alright, but the game-play was just bad in my opinion... and Trance was the biggest robbery in the game, never getting a chance to use it, since by the time someone went into Trance another character just landed the killing blow... by not allowing it to roll over into the next fight was just wasting it...

Fynn
06-28-2015, 08:33 PM

How does it feel?

ToriJ never forgets.

Sephiroth
06-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Worst in comparison?

Final Fantasy

Bad Final Fantasy?

Blasphemy.

Bolivar
06-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Definitely FFI - it was just so rough around the edges from being made when developers were still discovering what works and doesn't work in a game. Even in all the wonderful remakes, a lot of its failures still rear their ugly heads.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
06-29-2015, 08:09 PM
There isn't a single game I've disliked. Least favorite is probably Final Fantasy III, it felt the least interesting to me, still a fun game.

Depression Moon
06-30-2015, 12:17 AM
Dirge of Cerberus.