PDA

View Full Version : Do you brush your hair?

Fynn
05-15-2015, 07:06 AM
So here's something I've been wondering about lately. Before I cut my hair short (I never had really long hair - just went from this mid length to a marine cut), I used to brush it everyday after washing it. My hair is naturally straight, but also a bit on the wavy side, so when I brush it, it came out almost completely straight.

Now, when we moved, I lost my brush, so when I decided to regrow my hair, I didn't have anything to brush it with. As it turned out, the way my hair tangles makes it look way better than when I brush it, IMO, so I just decided to stop brushing. Of course, if I decided to grow it out even longer, I would probably need to start brushing again, because they'd get too tangled.

So, what about you guys? Do you brush your hair regularly? Share your hair stories!

Ayen
05-15-2015, 07:10 AM
Yes. Though I don't spend a lot of time on it. Just brush it back from the front and comb through the back a little every morning and I'm good.

Night Fury
05-15-2015, 09:12 AM
If I don't it looks a mess and gets too tangled. I'll probably only brush it once a day though.

Bubba
05-15-2015, 09:56 AM
I haven't brushed my hair since I had a comb in my teens.

My hair is made out of lego and I replace it with a new style every day.

Pike
05-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Nah, I comb it for five seconds after getting out of the shower and then call it good. I didn't even own a brush until like last year.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-15-2015, 12:47 PM
I towel dry it, and let it sort itself out as the day goes by.

zackk
05-15-2015, 12:50 PM
When I need to be formal and classy looking for, lets say an event or a gathering. But when I'm not going anywhere I just use my hands lol

Pumpkin
05-15-2015, 02:43 PM
I do but I don't usually put the most effort in to it

noxious.sunshine
05-15-2015, 03:17 PM
It's very rare for me to actually brush my hair.

I just finger comb it while I'm blow drying to get tangled out.

Lately I've been just letting it air dry and not even bothering with finger combing tho. Kind of beachy wave and all.

Shauna
05-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Yes because my hair is much too thick and unruly for it to be left unbrushed. Only brush it once a day, unless it gets particularly knotted over the course of my day to day life.

escobert
05-15-2015, 03:54 PM
No.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-15-2015, 04:17 PM
My hair isn't long enough to brush. But I do comb it pretty much everyday. Got to have that styling comb-over look, yo.

Freya
05-15-2015, 04:25 PM
No, Not since I learned more about curly hair. I run my fingers through it in the shower to break up any tangles but brushing kills my curls and breaks off more hair when I do it so nope.

Shorty
05-16-2015, 04:19 AM
Yes. When I'm getting ready for the morning, and usually again on lunch.

Sometimes never on the weekends. #pajamalife

Shiny
05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
I try not to touch my hair period because when I do I end up with a fro. I let someone else deal with it.

Formalhaut
05-18-2015, 03:05 AM
My hair is mid-length now so I do pretty much need to brush it everyday just to keep it in order. I do carry a comb around with me in case of windy days. Also, my hair goes really strange after I've washed it. For like a good few hours it becomes so unmanageable.

It needs cutting though. I just keep putting it off!

Kalevala
05-18-2015, 03:54 AM
As it turned out, the way my hair tangles makes it look way better than when I brush it, IMO, so I just decided to stop brushing.

Same here. The only time I brush it is when I'm taking it out of a bun.

black orb
05-18-2015, 04:30 PM
>>> I have long hair so I must do that atleast once a day..:luca:

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-20-2015, 12:43 AM
My hairs curly so if i do it gets all frizzy. so not unless i want to straighten it, I don't.

Depression Moon
05-20-2015, 02:20 AM
I have dreadlocks now, so no. Even before I had them I really couldn't because my hair was long. The last time my hair was short enough to brush was early spring of 2013.

~*~Celes~*~
05-24-2015, 02:41 AM
not often. I usually throw it up in a ponytail after I shower and let it dry on its own. If I want to style it in my favorite way, the mousse I use requires wet hair so i just scrunch/tossle it. I only brush it if I blowdry after I shower.

Mr. Carnelian
05-24-2015, 05:33 AM
Also, my hair goes really strange after I've washed it. For like a good few hours it becomes so unmanageable.

That's totally true, I've often teased him about it. :lol:

My hair's normally fine after a shower, but it can go really weird when I comb it, so I generally don't. It usually turns out fine on its own.