PDA

View Full Version : Natalie Portman as Jane Foster in the Thor franchise.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2015, 06:53 PM
What do you think of Natalie Portman as Jane a.k.a. Thor's love interest? I don't like her. In fact I kind of hate her. Now, I don't hate Portman as an actress, but I hate the way the character was written and I hate the way Natalie plays her. I was kind of hoping for a character who was at least half as interesting as Pepper Potts, hell Peggy Carter was more interesting than Jane Foster, and she tried to shoot Captain America at point blank range when all he had was a shield to defend himself with.

If Marvel Studios decides to use the idea from the comic books that Thor is a woman, and her secret identity is Jane Foster I hope they recast Jane with an actress who can differentiate herself from Natalie Portman and her "performance" as much as possible.

Freya
05-15-2015, 07:18 PM
I love her as Jane Foster. THe Thor movies are actually my favorites in the MCU. Spacyness and viking lore is probably the reason for that.

I would love to see Natalie in a badass more actiony role. I think she could pull it off well. I personally love her as Jane so I think it'll work out great if there was a female Thor movie.

You may want to put more of that under spoilers though because it's very obvious you're already talking about jane in this thread.

Jinx
05-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Natalie Portman is perfection. Everything she does is perfect. Yes, even Padme Amidala.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Natalie Portman is perfection. Everything she does is perfect. Yes, even Padme Amidala.

XVCtkzIXYzQ

:nod:

Shiny
05-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Needs to be in The Professional 2 imo. She has already proven badass status at the age of... whatever age she was when she did The Professional.

Ayen
05-15-2015, 09:57 PM
I like her just fine.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2015, 10:18 PM
I would be very unhappy if Natalie Portman was cast as the new female Thor...For that role, they need somebody who's like Chris Hemsworth in chick form. :D

Jinx
05-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Someone suggested Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica).

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Someone suggested Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica).

I think Katee Sackhoff is probably going to be Captain Marvel.

Raistlin
05-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Natalie Portman is great. She should be all the roles.

Del Murder
05-15-2015, 11:59 PM
She's good but definitely not the most important 'female love interest' in the MCU. Peggy Carter and even Pepper are more interesting characters (not better acted characters mind you, and not even close to being as attractive).

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-16-2015, 12:13 AM
Natalie Portman is great. She should be all the roles.

I just can't see Natalie Portman as the new female, Goddess of Thunder, Thor because I think it's because of how she's drawn in the comics. Now, Natalie Portman is not a tall lady and I think the new female Thor is probably quite tall. And the female Thor probably has some muscle on her.

krissy
05-16-2015, 01:07 AM
she's the best actor in the entire thor franchise so

Colonel Angus
05-16-2015, 01:09 AM
She's good but definitely not the most important 'female love interest' in the MCU. Peggy Carter and even Pepper are more interesting characters (not better acted characters mind you, and not even close to being as attractive).
Peggy Carter knocks those two out of the box.

Ayen
05-16-2015, 01:10 AM
It would be kind of a fun twist, her becoming the next Thor. She's already an established character and even got the Loki stamp of approval. I'd be down for it.

I don't think they'll be getting rid of Chris Hemsworth any time soon, though. He's way too popular among movie crowds. Then again, Marvel has been known to take a lot of risks. Who knows. Depends whether or not Natalie Portman would want to do it.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-16-2015, 01:14 AM
It would be kind of a fun twist, her becoming the next Thor. She's alreadyhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://home.eyesonff.com/) an established character and even got the Loki stamp of approval. I'd be down for it.

I don't think they'll be getting rid of Chris Hemsworth any time soonhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://home.eyesonff.com/), though. He's way too popular among movie crowds. Then again, Marvel has been known to take a lot of risks. Who knows. Depends whether or not Natalie Portman would want to do it.

Natalie Portman is a short lady though and she's probably not muscular enough to be Thor.

Colonel Angus
05-16-2015, 01:17 AM
Somewhere I heard that Kevin Feige said that two of the MCU actors (don't remember if "Avenger" was specified or not) re-upped their contracts. I haven't seen anything else about this, & considering how much pub this stuff get's, it'd be huge news if it were true.

I could imagine Hemsworth being one of the actors to re-up. He still seems to enjoy being Thor & I imagine he might be able to pull in some RDJ type money in a new contract.

Shiny
05-16-2015, 02:32 AM
In all honesty, I just want to see more of her face. Please make it happen.

Also her height doesn't matter at all. Tom Cruise, Taylor Lautner, Sylvester Stallone and Mark Wahlberg just to name a few, are all short dudes. Magic camera trickery makes it so they end up being equal or bigger height than their co-stars, so they can find a way around that. I think she'd have a harder time gaining muscle as she's a vegan.

Jinx
05-16-2015, 02:56 AM

Also her height doesn't matter at all. Tom Cruise, Taylor Lautner, Sylvester Stallone and Mark Wahlberg just to name a few, are all short dudes. Magic camera trickery makes it so they end up being equal or bigger height than their co-stars, so they can find a way around that. I think she'd have a harder time gaining muscle as she's a vegan.

If we're just going off of the way that protein aids muscle gain, it's actually really, REALLY stupidly easy to get all of your protein needs from a vegan diet. Huge misconception that vegans don't get enough protein, or don't have enough protein sources, or have a hard time gaining muscle because lack of protein. Seriously, eat a Tofurkey sausage and some beans and you're probably going to be over your protein macro fro the day.

Ayen
05-16-2015, 03:00 AM

To add to this, RDJ himself is only 5'9. So Marvel have already been doing these tricks since their first film.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-16-2015, 03:10 AM
Also her height doesn't matter at all. Tom Cruise, Taylor Lautner, Sylvester Stallone and Mark Wahlberg just to name a few, are all shorthttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://home.eyesonff.com/) dudes. Magic camera trickery makes it so they end up being equal or bigger height than their co-stars, so they can find a way around that. I think she'd have a harder time gaining muscle as she's a vegan.

Okay, nevermind what I said about her height. I just checkedhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://home.eyesonff.com/) to see what Scarlett Johansson's height was, and she's about as tall as Natalie Portman. The only difference is, she's not playing the Goddess of Thunder.

Tyson
05-17-2015, 10:33 AM
My biggest problem with Jane Foster's character in both Thor movies is she spends alot of time standing next to Kat Dennings.

What's Thor smoking, they're the first two women you meet on Earth and you pick Jane??????.......each to their own I guess.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-17-2015, 05:07 PM
My biggest problem with Jane Foster's character in both Thor movies is she spends alot of time standing next to Kat Dennings.

What's Thor smoking, they're the first two women you meet on Earth and you pick Jane??????.......each to their own I guess.

I have a harder time believing that Jane Foster and Darcy Lewis would actually be friends.