PDA

View Full Version : Share your salad recipes!

Fynn
05-17-2015, 11:43 AM
I sure love salads, as long as I get some decent variety. I recently got tired of my regular, lettuce or cabbage-based ones, so I decided to combine some leftover ingredients and came up with this little thing. It's surprisingly good!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image_42.jpg

What you'll need:

6 sticks of celery
one can of kidney beans (I usually buy dry beans and book them myself, but I can't get them anywhere lately)
cashew nuts (I use about two fistfuls, but feel free to add more or use less)
fresh parsley
1 red pepper
cheese (I used Gouda)
juice of one lemon
salt and pepper
oil

Peel your celery (make sure you get rid of all the stringy stuff) and cut it up, dice your red pepper, shred your parsley, add in the beans, cashews and cheese. Sprinkle it all with the lemon juice, a bit of oil, salt and pepper, and give your ingredients all a good stir.

Hope you enjoy this salad! Also, feel free to post your salad recipes here - I'd really love to see more ;)

Pheesh
05-17-2015, 12:00 PM
I've made some intricate ones before, and Night Fury does a couple of warm salads as well, but our go-to salad is really simple, delicious and goes with anything. Some iceberg lettuce, bocconcini, an orange, some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar; tear up the bocconcini balls, segment the oranges and then add the olive oil, vinegar and some salt to taste. That's the bare bones base of it, from there you add in or substitute various lettuce types that you prefer, along with anything else you feel will work well. It's a summer salad primarily, so cucumber, fennel, red cabbage and other fruits like pomegranate or even passionfruit work really well. It is especially amazing paired with seafood.

Shauna
05-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Salads I make tend to boil down to add whatever you fancy, drizzle with olive oil and vinegar - hey presto a delicious salad. Reading Pheesh's post, I realise how European this must be.

noxious.sunshine
05-17-2015, 01:28 PM
My favorite salad is baby spinach, black beans, thinly sliced red onion, chopped tomato, cucumber, bacon, maybe some hard boiled egg or grilled chicken and maybe some pepper jack cheese.

Dressing? I do a vinaigrette with evoo lime juice, garlic, and jalepeno. And maybe some chopped cilantro.

Pumpkin
05-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Awesome looking! I'll share some when I make some :D

Formalhaut
05-17-2015, 04:22 PM
I really need to start eating more salads. They can be so tasty *yet* healthy at the same time.

Fynn
05-17-2015, 04:41 PM
I really need to start eating more salads. They can be so tasty *yet* healthy at the same time.

Cashews are your friend, Forms.

Kalevala
05-19-2015, 03:31 AM
Just fistfuls of spinach.

Shorty
05-19-2015, 03:53 AM
Okay, you take:

Lettuce
Croutons
Boiled eggs
Italian dressing

and then you throw them into the smurfing trash and get some jack daniels pulled pork instead because

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3c/57/55/3c5755237f123c340f9684cd6c4d0250.gif

Kalevala
05-19-2015, 04:02 AM
RGz5lLot4Q0

noxious.sunshine
05-19-2015, 04:16 AM
Okay today, I made a kind of Greek Salad

I chopped up some fresh romaine lettuce and put it in a bowl with some thinly sliced red onion, pitted/seeded kalamata and black olives, whole cherry tomatoes, and this yummy feta cheese I got from the deli section.

I made a red wine/evoo/garlic vinaigrette to toss it with.

Was mega yummy!