PDA

View Full Version : Destiny - The House Of Wolves

Iceglow
05-18-2015, 05:34 AM
Ok people, the old Destiny thread has rather unceremoniously slipped down the pages so I figured I'd start a fresh one for this. The second expac for Destiny drops tomorrow and frankly it's looking rather tasty! With a new style of activity replacing the raid (I'd rather have had it come alongside a raid but hey, can't have everything right?) as well as a new Crucible combat mode and weapons/vehicles.

Personally I'm looking at this quite positively. I mean, aside from adding Crota himself TDB didn''t actually add any new enemy types just beefed up some current ones. However, this time it's actually added to the tables properly. There's also the new weapon type, the side arm pistol. Sure it takes up your special slot but it could certainly lead to an interesting play style for run and gun types in the not quite shotgun range.

There's also tons of little things getting sorted out too. For example, vendor gear will no longer be identical but with a colour switch from the vanguard or crucible stuff. It comes with a unique and interesting look as does the weapons. Combined with the option to upgrade them to the max level it'll open up a lot of diversity as to the appearance of your guardian compared to others.

The one thing missing so far is the return of some power to the auto rifle class of weapons. Currently they've been hit with the de-buff hammer so much they're all but useless even Hardlight and Suros Regime are terrible options for anything other than messing around.

So discuss your opinions on the House of Wolves, will it bring you back to the Destiny fold? Could it be the end for you?

Bubba
05-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Funnily enough, I've just started a new game of Destiny with a Warlock as one of my friends has just got a PS4. Already have a level 31 Hunter and 26 Titan. I haven't looked at at the new expansion as can't really afford it yet. I may pick it up at some point though depending what everyone says about it.

Regardless of how good it is, I can't see me playing as much as I did during those first 4 months. It was so addictive even when it wasn't really that enjoyable. Can't wait to hate it all over again!

Bolivar
05-19-2015, 12:45 AM
I liked Destiny a lot and have been waiting for an excuse to hop back into it but I don't think this is quite it yet. I think they missed their chance by fumbling the Dark Below, I'm still sour that they tried to pass it off as a $15 expansion. Timing is everything in the games business, especially when there's so damn much to play.