PDA

View Full Version : I Like Pumpkin's New Album

Depression Moon
05-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Today Pumpkin put out her new album today and I have to say I like quite a lot. Pumpkin is a French rapper with two other albums to her name. This new one titled Peinture Fraiche is her second one with producer Vin's da Cuero. Pumpkin's rap style is a blend of 90's era and electronica. I don't speak French in the least, so I change judge it lyrically, but her flow and energy on the tracks are substantial. It's always on synch with the beat and her voice just has a tranquil vibe to it. There is one track from a guest producer, French producer 20syl who adds a electronic dance vibe to Fifty Fifty. The featured emcees are all American and provide a different sound to the tracks their on. I think Dynasty and Mr. J are the best two The production from Vin's is just as good. His choice of instrumentals are heavily drums, cymbals, and guitars. Majority of the album's production is placid in nature which makes it good to either study to at low volumes or to casually lay down and take in. This album also comes with the instrumentals, so it's a pretty good package. It's a pretty decent album and I'll be looking forward to her next project.

7/10

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51iq5uWK%2BXL._SS500_.jpg
Peinture Fraiche (http://store.mentalow.com/album/peinture-fraiche-vinyl-cd-digital)

Favorite tracks: Bye Bye Madeline & Movement

Colonel Angus
05-19-2015, 04:15 AM
I didn't know Pumpkin was a rapper! :cool:

However, I think she's French Canadian, not French.

Kalevala
05-19-2015, 04:16 AM
Thought for sure this was going to be an album by EoFF's Pumpkin.

Ayen
05-19-2015, 04:18 AM
GODDAMMIT BOTH OF YOU I WAS COMING IN HERE TO SAY THAT!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 04:27 AM
I'm flattered that when people saw the thread title they assumed I had talent

Depression Moon
05-19-2015, 05:09 AM
That was the plan Pumpkin, but for real it should be checked out if you have any liking to the genre.

Colonel Angus
05-19-2015, 05:28 AM
You got mad rhymez, yo!

Fynn
05-19-2015, 05:37 AM
That was my first thought as well! I remember she said she can't sing eecently, and I thought "girl, you lyin'l" :p

Ayen
05-19-2015, 05:42 AM
You got mad rhymez, yo!

Everybody stay back! She can freestyle at any moment.