PDA

View Full Version : How often do you wash your hair?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-19-2015, 03:06 AM
Well? I think I read somewhere once that you shouldn't wash your hair everyday. Something about the essential hair oils or such things.
But I shower a lot. So it got me thinking a bit. How much does a normal person wash their hair? Or shower for that matter?

I probably shower twice a day at least four days a week. Sometimes three times a day, if it is a super active day. I usually only wash my hair once a day though. Sometimes less.

Discuss.

Shorty
05-19-2015, 03:44 AM
Every other day because I hate water. I hate it. Dry shampoo and mousse has saved my life.

Sephex
05-19-2015, 05:23 AM
Every day. From the time when I had a full head of hair to these days where my hair in thinning, if I don't wash it every day it will feel greasy and gross. It's not visible, but I can feel it and it drives me crazy.

Pumpkin
05-19-2015, 06:34 AM
shower everyday, wash every second day

Fynn
05-19-2015, 06:37 AM
Shower and wash my hair every evening. I used to wash my hair every other day, but it gets greasy really quick, so I need to wash it everyday.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-19-2015, 08:35 AM
I don't really wash it ever. Instead, I shave my head once a month and try to keep it under a quarter of an inch at all times. So much lower maintenance.

Fynn
05-19-2015, 09:24 AM
I don't really wash it ever. Instead, I shave my head once a month and try to keep it under a quarter of an inch at all times. So much lower maintenance.

:onoes:

Mirage
05-19-2015, 09:26 AM
I shower about 4-5 times a week, depending on what I'm doing, and wash my hair at the same time.

FFIX Choco Boy
05-19-2015, 09:44 AM

Maybe I should clarify. I wash my head every day during my shower. But I don't really use any sort or hair product. Just bodywash.

Fynn
05-19-2015, 09:53 AM

Maybe I should clarify. I wash my head every day during my shower. But I don't really use any sort or hair product. Just bodywash.

Ah, okay. That sounds much less horrifying :)

Kinda jealous, but I'm happy to wash it everyday if that means I get that tangled bishonen hair look every day :smug:

Pike
05-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Every day because otherwise it gets greasy and terrible. I tried doing that every other day thing once because everyone says it's healthier but to no avail. My scalp is just one of those scalps I guess.

Mirage
05-19-2015, 10:28 AM
You should go with that shaved head look that is so popular among women these days

Night Fury
05-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Everyday. I work out everyday and my head gets sweaty and gross which then makes my hair feel sweaty and gross.

noxious.sunshine
05-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Every other day.

I try to go 2 or 3 days without washing it, but I play with my hair so much the roots get oily.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-20-2015, 12:41 AM
Usually every other day :)

Shiny
05-20-2015, 01:42 AM
Once a week. Anything more than that dries my hair too much. I'm constantly putting product in my hair to keep it from drying. Argan oil and deep conditioning treatments seem to be helping.

Formalhaut
05-20-2015, 02:15 AM
Every other day usually, though I have been known to wash it every other other day if I'm just too tired and can't be asked to wash it that day.

Laddy
05-27-2015, 01:58 AM
If I wash everyday my curls start to recede and I lose a lot of my hair's personality. I usually wash every two to three days, but I bathe everyday just so I can be clean.

Curly hair, especially hair with a lot of volume, does better with less washing.