PDA

View Full Version : Have you played a game in the Diablo series?

Pike
06-02-2015, 05:00 PM
If you haven't, you should! They're super fun!

What is your favorite game in the series? Let's talk about it!

escobert
06-02-2015, 05:34 PM
I don't know how many thousands of hours I spent playing D2 and LoD. I primarily ran a meleemancer with golems. I loved the Grim Burning Death Scythe.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-02-2015, 06:52 PM
I've played all three. I used to have a level 99 Trapassin online in D2, but she's gone now. Nowadays, I play D3 when I'm in the mood for a loot mongering game. Unpopular opinion, but I enjoy it more than the other 2.

escobert
06-02-2015, 07:36 PM
I still haven't tried 3. I was stoked for it back when it was first announced 300 years ago. then I had lost interest by the time it actually came out.

Mirage
06-02-2015, 07:58 PM
I played the demo of 2 and 14 day trial of 3 for a little while

Ayen
06-03-2015, 12:56 AM
I only played the first game with my brother on PlayStation. I have the third game, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I hear nothing but good things about the second.

Pheesh
06-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Diablo 3 is probably my main go to game, I have 600 and something hours clocked into it at this point and no matter how sick of it I get sometimes I'll always come back eventually. I remember D2 fondly but was too young to properly understand builds and other intricacies, so it was never as fun for me as D3 is these days.

Vermachtnis
06-03-2015, 02:46 AM
Diablo II was my middle school. My main was a Leap Barbarian. I haven't played much of III though.

LunarWeaver
06-03-2015, 12:10 PM
I have played and loved every single one deeply. III is my favorite even though it's controversial among fans. Nothing gives me my loot and murder fix faster and better. I'm getting hot under the collar just thinking of it. Diablo is sexy like that.

theundeadhero
06-04-2015, 06:50 AM
I spent months of my childhood playing the first Diablo, was very disappointed in the second one, and mostly enjoyed the third. I'll still play the first and third one before ever thinking of playing Diablo II.

escobert
06-04-2015, 05:59 PM
I spent months of my childhood playing the first Diablo, was very disappointed in the second one, and mostly enjoyed the third. I'll still play the first and third one before ever thinking of playing Diablo II.

why didn't you like II?

Ayen
07-18-2015, 10:29 AM
I always been a fan of the Diablo Prophecy (http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Prophecy). Funny story, I read this for the first time in a RP I was on years ago and thought it was something the writer thought up himself, but it was just ripped word for word from these games :roll2 Plagiarism ftw!

I heard 2 is the best in the series and has the best story. Anyone here agrees with that?

Fynn
07-21-2015, 06:00 AM
Haven't beaten the first one because as a kid I was too scared.

Oh boy, did I love 2. To a point. Diablo 2 holds the distinct honor of being the only game ever that I ragequit..

Before that I never got really far. But recently, I replayed it again, planning my Druid character (he was an awesome shapeshifter) well throughout the whole game, assigning the right skill points right where I needed them. But I never used the online component. And then, when the final battle came, Diablo just changed the rules of the game - he regenerates quickly, he's too fast to hit, and one of his hits takes away like half of your hp. And since the game doesn't allow you to quit without saving, I ended up wasting all those huge potions I kept hoarding throughout the game. It's the meanest thing a game can do, being something completely different, requiring a different set of skills for the final battle.

Ayen
07-21-2015, 10:49 AM
If that game would make Fynn ragequit, there's a good chance it'd make me homicidal.

Yet, I find myself respecting the game more now because of this.

Fynn
07-21-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm not as peaceful as I may seem.

And there's nothing respectful about changing the smuRFING RULES OF THE GAME, WANDAAAA!!!

Ayen
07-21-2015, 10:59 AM
And there's nothing respectful about changing the smuRFING RULES OF THE GAME, WANDAAAA!!!

Diablo...

:cool:

Is a game changer.

6YMPAH67f4o

Christmas
07-19-2022, 05:31 AM
Diablo 2 & 3. I was the lightning fury Amazon bitch in 2 and played multiple classes in 3. But mainly a Barbarian because I like old muscular man with axes & maces. :bigsmile:

Garland
01-08-2023, 12:11 AM
I have Titan Quest and Grim Dawn, but none of the Diablos. Sometimes it's tempting.

Christmas
01-08-2023, 10:24 AM
Grim Dawn is pretty good! Enjoyed it! :bigsmile: