PDA

View Full Version : Best Single Sequence In The Game

Formalhaut
05-29-2015, 06:03 PM
My vote goes towards the entire palace subterfuge and escape sequence. Not only are we introduced to Balthier and Fran, I just like how it quickened the pace of the, admittedly slow opening portion of the game. Even the Barheim Passage, probably the most ponderous portion of this sequence had a good share of moments.

I also like the Sandsea. Not so much traversing the Sandsea, but it was cool to finally get all the characters together for the first time.

Mr. Carnelian
05-29-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm torn between Mount Bur-Omisace and The Great Crystal.

The former largely because the plight of the refugees really puts your quest into a global perspective, as well as (for me) tugging on the heartstrings.

The latter mainly because it's marvelously psychedelic. There's endless teleporting and flashing colours and walking on thin air, and suchlike.

Forsaken Lover
05-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Everything at the top of the Pharos. It honest to god feels more like teh climax of the game than the actual climax of the game.

Gabranth shows up and does his thing only for Ashe to swear off her vengeance at last. She and Gabranth served as rather good foils in a way.
Then Dr. Cid shows up and reveals what he's been up to all this time.
Then he dies ad we have a rather touching send off.
Finally, the Sun Cryst is going haywire so Reddas sacrifices himself to destroy it.

So many great lines, so much raw emotion....

THE DEAD DEMAND JUSTICE.
Hadn't you best be off, fool of a pirate...
I, JUDGE MAGISTER, CONDEMN YOU TO OBHLIVION!

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2015, 05:09 AM
Probably the Capital City of Archadia which was just an interesting sequence with a fun mini-game before you dove right into the Draklor Labs and met the sexiest CId in the series. Though I would second the Pharos being both a fun dungeon with probably the climax of the plot which was beautifully done.

Fynn
05-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Oh yes, the top of the Pharos! I especially loved the little exchange between Fran and Balthier and her hand on his cheek and stuff... I ship it so hard.

Pumpkin
05-31-2015, 04:42 PM
I like the point between the point starting at the Ozmone Plains and Mt. Bur-Omisace

Cleric
05-31-2015, 08:29 PM
I really enjoyed Bhujerba for the first time, and also the stretch from Ozmone Plain to Mt. Bur-Omisace...basically any sequence that involes Larsa being in my party :)

Bolivar
06-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Nice variety of answers in here. Probably The Pharos but I liked the sequence in the Leviathan as well. Felt like a nice RPG jailbreak sequence to me.