PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Canada

Skyblade
05-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Does anyone know of a reasonable way to ship a package to Canada? It's only about 3-5 pounds, and I can send it anywhere in the US for $10. But to get it to Canada, the shipping price spikes to $75+. There has to be a reasonable way to ship internationally, especially since it's not overseas, but I can't find it.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-30-2015, 03:28 PM
I just looked up on UPS for shipping via UPS Standard (I estimated the value at 20$ and weight at 5 lbs); it is like 25$.

As long as you don't require anything fancy or getting there fast, there is no reason it should cost so much.

Note: I did this from two locations San Diego, Cal. and NYC, NY (to Montreal, Quebec). Both came withing .50$ of 25$.

Sephex
05-30-2015, 08:56 PM
I just looked up on UPS for shipping via UPS Standard (I estimated the value at 20$ and weight at 5 lbs); it is like 25$.

As long as you don't require anything fancy or getting there fast, there is no reason it should cost so much.

Note: I did this from two locations San Diego, Cal. and NYC, NY (to Montreal, Quebec). Both came withing .50$ of 25$.

I basically came across the same information. No matter what you do the price will be way above normal to ship no matter if the package goes over an ocean or not. UPS and similar companies are usually the way to go. Pack whatever you are packing very well, though, especially if it is fragile. A decade ago I worked at UPS as a loader and when someone has 3000 packages an hour flying down at them for a couple of dollars above minimum wage, they aren't very careful with most packages (I usually did my best to be careful, but the long time workers just didn't care).

Colonel Angus
05-31-2015, 07:40 AM
We get courier packages from UPS @ work & most of the time they look like someone dragged them through the mud. FedEx seems to take better care of theirs. Luckily it's just paperwork & rarely anything of value. FedEx is also more timely.