PDA

View Full Version : Wishes for others

Madame Adequate
06-01-2015, 07:48 PM
So I thought instead of the typical "three wishes" thread, I'd ask it with a twist: You get your three wishes (No wishes that result in more wishes, obviously) but the stipulation is that you may not wish for anything that affects you disproportionately. So you can wish for everyone to have superpowers but not only yourself or your family or something like that.

Basically your wishes must affect either only other people, or large groups of which you are only one member.

What would you wish for given these stipulations? Here's mine;

1) Good health for everyone
2) A gradual, peaceful movement towards a global federated superstate based on equality and compassion over the course of the next decade
3) Nikola Vucevic to evolve over the next two seasons into the single greatest basketball player to ever live, able to outdo Wilt Chamberlain's best on a nightly basis, and to remain that way for the rest of his life

Pumpkin
06-01-2015, 08:10 PM
1) I wish for everyone to be able to do with their life what makes them happy without worrying about finances
2) I wish for everyone to reach a point where they're happy with themselves
3) I wish sharky will like dinner tonight, we're having porkchops

Loony BoB
06-01-2015, 11:49 PM
1) Equality/Tolerance/Understanding - For everyone to have tolerance towards each other's religion (or other such beliefs), race, nationality, gender, sexuality, etc. That should solve a good chunk of problems, I'd imagine.
2) Accessibility - For everyone to have the ability to safely travel to any public place they please, when they please, free of charge. Instantly. I'm talking some form of controlled (the public place thing) teleportation.
3) Chance - For all people to have a fair chance at building a great life for themselves and others. I don't like the idea that there are people who suffer because of the place in which they were born, the poverty level in which their family has lived in or because of mental/physical disabilities. Stuff like that.

Of course, I could probably think of more. These just seem like great all-encompassing things that could work effectively towards promoting peace, free travel (this is something I feel would benefit me but I'm fine with it benefiting everyone else, too) and removing poverty of all kinds. I really want to wish for everyone to be happy and find a perfect life for themselves but that just wouldn't really be life, I suppose.

Mirage
06-02-2015, 12:15 AM
I wish for the world to have a practically infinite supply of extremely easily collectable clean energy that can be converted to whatever form is most useful to them.
I wish for a virtual world as realistic and immersive that it is practically indistinguishable from reality to become a reality.
I wish that human brains become immune to pseudoscience.

Pike
06-02-2015, 12:54 AM
1. Unlimited video games for everyone
2. Working holodecks/holosuites exist
3. Everyone lives forever, so we can enjoy unlimited video games and working holodecks/holosuites

Shorty
06-02-2015, 04:32 AM
1. For people to abandon the monotomies of their lives and live.
2. That if they look hard enough, people might find their Night Cafe (http://www.trunkworthy.com/an-excerpt-from-patton-oswalts-silver-screen-fiend-that-will-have-you-dancing-to-van-gogh/).
3. Tiny pigs for all!

http://i.imgur.com/BguzG.jpg

Sephex
06-02-2015, 04:36 AM
1.) Be excellent to each other
2.) Sustainable/Safe/Clean energy for all
3.) The ability for everyone to do what they want without going to some mind numbing job every day

Crop
06-02-2015, 06:55 AM
Most of these wishes sound great, but some of them are awful.

So now I have to live forever steeped in kittens, puppies and tiny pigs? Thanks guys.:colbert:

Shorty
06-02-2015, 06:57 AM
I only gave everyone tiny pigs out of selfish motivation. I want one for myself, so if that means everyone has to have one, that's what has to happen.

Night Fury
06-02-2015, 07:12 AM
I just wish people would stop being hateful when it comes to things that don't directly affect them at all. I think the world would be a much nicer place.

I also wish that chocolate didn't make people fat or give them diabetes.

Finally I wish that people wouldn't commit suicide.

Wolf Kanno
06-02-2015, 07:43 AM
I wish that every person would know when they would die.

I wish that everyone had the ability to go to any place, at any time, for five minutes as an observer one time in their life.

I wish that everyone could find something absolutely beautiful in their life once and then lose it.

Night Fury
06-02-2015, 08:12 AM
I wish that everyone had the ability to go to any place, at any time, for five minutes as an observer one time in their life.

Can I just say how much I love this wish? I think we as humans should observe more and I believe that through observation we become better people. Even if we were just to observe something from our own past it would help us so much. That's brilliant.

(unless you didn't mean it that way and you meant like, any time in the present.)

Shiny
06-02-2015, 01:57 PM
I wish love and peace and puppies for all and for everyone to shut the hell in Jesus name amen.

LunarWeaver
06-02-2015, 03:06 PM
I wish for everyone to have cute pets: A potbelly sized elephant, a kitten sized gorilla, and two goldfish sized dolphins. (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/137369-The-most-important-decision-you-ll-ever-makehttp://)

Wolf Kanno
06-03-2015, 05:58 AM

Can I just say how much I love this wish? I think we as humans should observe more and I believe that through observation we become better people. Even if we were just to observe something from our own past it would help us so much. That's brilliant.

(unless you didn't mean it that way and you meant like, any time in the present.)

You understood what I meant. ;)

Ayen
06-03-2015, 08:25 AM
World Peace.
End of World Hunger

Not sure what my third wish should be.