PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy Would You Most Like to See Remade?

grantthegreat68
06-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Now I took much thought in this with modern systems. Most of the Final Fantasies would need to use a lot of power to have the modern graphics.

Now if a Final Fantasy game was Remade with dumbed down graphics they might be able to create the vast world. I am stuck between Final Fantasy IX,VII and XII (being the easiest).
---
Final Fantasy IX has a vast artistic world and could work if they made the graphics sort of cartoonish like Dragon Quest. It's probably the one I would like to see the most only because it came out when I became an avid Final Fantasy fan.
-----
The most successful of the 3 would be VII, because well its the most popular. Would it be good I don't know. I elaborate more in a video I made here: https://youtu.be/H9Bey5j6iH8
-----
FFXII was probably my favorite RPG for PS2, and has the easiest type format to make a remake on the PS4. With better graphics and maybe some extras like more back story and new hunts, this game would be awesome.
-----
What Final Fantasy game would you like to see Remade?

VeloZer0
06-02-2015, 06:24 AM
Easy, FF5 done in the same manner as FF3 and FF4 DS.

Shiva95
06-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Final Fantasy VI for sure.

Galuf
06-02-2015, 02:56 PM
FFv could be cool on 3ds or something. FF IX i thinksneed to be remade to sort out the horribe batle system.. and FF XII could be cool. maybe add an online mode? or an option between IZJS and Normal?

Colonel Angus
06-03-2015, 01:28 AM
I'd like to see FFV remade w/ a battle system like FFX (except you have all 4 characters in battle instead of switching out). FFX probably has the best battle system of any of the games.

It'd be cool to see it w/ updated graphics, as long as they don't use Amano's style, but one based on the original sprites.

Vermachtnis
06-03-2015, 01:49 AM
I want to see V too, just cause it's my favorite.

Randy
06-04-2015, 08:04 AM
I think either 7 or 8 in full 3D would be great.

12 just upscaled in HD with some new textures would do too.

Bolivar
06-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Is like to see them do what they did with FFIV Complete on PSP and do it to V and VI on the Vita.

Also FFXII remastered. Overall I'd prefer they keep to the original format of the games rather than any big makeover. As much as I liked FF III DS, I think it only worked because I had never played much of the game in its original form. FFIV DS was just too big of a departure for me.

Formalhaut
06-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I'd really like FFXII to be remastered. Not so much remade, though. I mean, it'd be great if they included the International Version. What I really liked about the FFX-2 remaster was that they added the stuff you couldn't get in the original. If they wanted to add in perhaps a new location to explore as well that would be good. What I loved about FFXII was that it formed such a cohesive world. You could just keep exploring the various environs, often with hidden little nooks and crannies.

Pumpkin
06-05-2015, 07:39 PM
IX as long as they don't ruin it

Wolf Kanno
06-05-2015, 09:12 PM
I think a HD Remaster of XII:IZJS would be my top priority but in terms of an actual remake, I say do it for FFV and VI next because I don't count the mobile versions.

maybee
06-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Still waiting for that FF V 3DS and FF VI 3DS remake. A FF IX remake would be incredible.

Fynn
06-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Yeah, FFV and VI need to get a similar treatment to FFIV DS.

Also, FFXII IZJS on the Vita please.

grantthegreat68
06-17-2015, 03:51 AM
Looks like the video a made a month ago was pointless, they announced the remake! Still can't believe it's real.

Egami
06-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Aside from FFVII which is happening I would love a remastered FFXII. I own a PS2 with the game and can play it but it really doesn't looks too good on a modern TV and I would also like it to be the International Version. Please SE, make it so.

DMKA
06-27-2015, 12:54 AM
VII

Depression Moon
06-27-2015, 06:01 AM
The original. I don't have faith in anything else, especially IX. If they fucked up IX, I would be so pissed.

Ayen
06-27-2015, 11:51 AM
VII is already happening so I'll exclude it.

I'd like to see VI get the same treatment as the current VII Remake, although I find it highly unlikely. Then again, the same used to be said of a VII Remake not that long ago.

Egami
06-27-2015, 02:19 PM
I'd like to see VI get the same treatment as the current VII Remake, although I find it highly unlikely. Then again, the same used to be said of a VII Remake not that long ago.

Well, Nomura expressed interest in remaking V and VI recently, so they probably plan to do it eventually. Don't see it coming out before 2020 tho.

Ayen
06-27-2015, 02:22 PM

Well, Nomura expressed interest in remaking V and VI recently, so they probably plan to do it eventually. Don't see it coming out before 2020 tho.

He did, but people seem to be leaning more towards a 3DS remake with that.

Fynn
06-27-2015, 02:38 PM
A 3DS remake would make me weep tears of joy.

DMKA
06-28-2015, 12:14 AM
If they fucked up IX, I would be so pissed.
I've never understood this mentality. Do people think the original games disappear from existence or somehow change after they're remade?

Jinx
06-28-2015, 12:50 AM
IX should just be left alone. A huge part of it is its artstyle. If you change that, you're going to completely change the feel of the game.

Wolf Kanno
06-28-2015, 01:42 AM
If they smurfed up IX, I would be so pissed.
I've never understood this mentality. Do people think the original games disappear from existence or somehow change after they're remade?

I agree with you, but I'll admit it can be annoying when the radically changed remake is the only one fans remember as opposed to what someone might consider to be the brilliant original.

Vyk
06-28-2015, 02:09 AM
IX should just be left alone. A huge part of it is its artstyle. If you change that, you're going to completely change the feel of the game.
I can understand this, but with technology advances, the entire game could look like the CGI sequences, which used the same art style, but to a higher degree. I get the impression this is what they're going for with FFVII

Then again, they made FFIV all SD for no reason. But that could be argued in the same way, keeping the look equivalent to sprites on an SNES, cute SD polygons on a more powerful system. Though I'm surprised they didn't just make it look like FFVIII, with full body models and all that. Not like it couldn't have been done, especially now. The darker tone of that story would have made sense for a more adult rendition

Though upon reflection, I'm not sure which I'd rather for a FFVI remake..

Jinx
06-28-2015, 02:11 AM
I can understand this, but with technology advances, the entire game could look like the CGI sequences, which used the same art style, but to a higher degree.

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind that.

Formalhaut
06-28-2015, 02:17 AM
I think V and VI would work better as a 3DS/handheld remake over a console version personally.